Dr. Raymond Westbrook DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 6th, 2016
Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY.
Please avoid this doctor at all costs. I was sent a bill for a phone consultation where I was prescribed an ointment that cost several hundred dollars and was not covered by insurance. I ultimately decided to pay for the consultation, but It's virtually impossible to actually talk to someone about billing. The number on the invoice was incorrect. Once I found the correct phone number, I was often sent to voicemail. There is no internal communication between staff.

July 9th, 2014
THE WORST. Arrogant, entitled, runs a supposed concierge service, will not return phone calls promptly as advertised 24/7, unavailable, non responsive. NOT WORTH THE MONEY FOR CONCIERGE.

June 28th, 2013
Patient
Great doctor. Spends the time with patient. Very concerned about patient care. My wife and I both are his patients. We both are very pleased.

October 8th, 2012
Never Again
Went in last week as a new patient seeking a Primary Care Dr. I printed a list of all current medications/vitamins/supplements I was taking for him to use as a reference. When he came in, he had no clue as to what I was taking. I told him I printed a list and he said he'd look for it later. His staff did not yet type it into the database and it wasn't on his laptop. Okayyyy...how about getting the sheets of paper I printed?!?! Met with me for about 5-6 mins, tops, and told me he had to check on the prescriptions I was taking to see if they'd interfere with a back issue I was having and said he'd be back. He never came back. One of his assistants came in and I told her there were several other things/issues I needed to speak with him about. She told me he was on the phone and didn't know how long he'd be. Then, there was a medication they were to call in, along with an appointment for an MRI. Both locations called me for insurance information (one of them left a message with my boss with my prescrip info!!!) as the office did NOT give them any of the insurance info they needed. Horrible experience and I will NEVER go back.

August 27th, 2012
I WAS FORGOTTEN
This office is horible!! They left me in a patient room 25 minutes before they discovered I had not been seen by the doctor this is absolutly unprofessional. When I asked to see the manage I was told she was too busy and did not have time to see me by the assistant. This office is a joke and I would not recommend them to anyone.

July 6th, 2012
tired of being mistreated
The staff especially schedulers and PAs are awful. I really don't like going to places where lab or xray services are unfriendly or make you wait forever for a simple test. I took it upon myself to go to a place I had been before instead of the crowded chaotic place they wanted to send me and I got a better, more complete, diagnosis. When i asked why they don't use the place I went to I was ignored..."politics" I guess.

July 3rd, 2012
after hours
Dr. Westbrooks office takes no phone calls after hours. I got 2 prescriptions from Dr. Westbrook, only 1 got called in - so I was stuck for 2 days to get the other one. My only option was the emergency room. Very disappointed in my Dr.

April 17th, 2012
Office Visit 04/17/2012
The whole atmosphere has change to the better.Office staff are much nicer than before and are all very considerate.Dr. Westbrook even seemed to be in a more relaxed state than in previous visits.I would rate nthe overall visit a 10 out of a possible 10

February 17th, 2012
Seven years with this doctor
I've been retired for about ten years, and Dr. Westbrook has kept me healthy for the last seven of them. Professional, efficient, accurate, and careful medical care is what he provides for me. No complaints.

December 13th, 2011
One of the top five doctors out of many during 65 years,
I got lucky finding Doc Westbrook. I have 3 fatal illnesses and other conditions from birth defects and he has refereed me to top specialists for Cardiac, gastroenterology, oncology, and surgeons. I am alive today because of his careful follow-ups. My CHF, Pulmonary Hypertension and cor pulmonale. His referrals end up being doctors who are tops in their fields. ON the down side his front office frenquently fail in informing him of such things as I have been admitted to the hospital. They paged him three days one time and the page went to the front office which failed to inform him. This is not isolated to me. The office works for a management company as before when he was smaller his practice was perfect. It can take 30 minutes or more on the phone to make an appointment. Back office is great. If you end up at the hospital you might end up under the care of his partner who seems as if he never read your chart and treated me like a average patient while treating me for CHF and extra water weight. He cut my regular diaretics in half and I went from 30 Lbs of extra water weight to 50 in a week and if he had read my chart he would of never done this. I asked to be discharged and improved at home over a two week periodHe also sees you on time which is a big plus in today's world. However if you are 15 min late they will reschedule you he has reserved time for each patient and will not make another wait because you were late. He will work you in if you must be seen but be ready to wait.

July 19th, 2011
I have been seeing Dr. Westbrook for several years after my former doctor retired and Dr. Westbrook took over his patients. I have been extrememly satisfied with the treatment I have received by him and his staff. I have never had to wait very long for my appointment or wait for very long in the waiting room. A recent diagnosis resulted in a surgery to correct a problem which could have left me paralyzed. I almost didn't go to see him about this problem as I have a high tolerance to paid and thought nothing much about it. Thank goodness I made the decision to go.

November 11th, 2010
Not happy
I have been seeing him for almost 3 yrs. I thought he was caring at first, but it has gone downhill. My last two visits were terrible. He walks around with a laptop that should have all of your health info on it, but either he does not look or care. He works as if he has no medical history on me. I had to pay a huge amount of money on diagnosis tests for an illness that I put on my initial paperwork, and we had talked about it before! I called the office, asked them to look in my folder and verify that I had put that info there, and they said yes, but I still had to pay. Aside from that though, my specialist sent him regular follow ups! I was not going to go back, but I got sick. I should have stayed away. He spent 2 minutes with me, spat a fairly serious diagnosis at me, then left. I told the nurse I had questions. They said they would send him back in. I waited an hr in the exam room to be told he left for lunch. They said I could write my questions down and 'they' would call me. Some nurse did that evening, but did not answer my questions. I asked her to check with the doctor, and she said she would but it would be Tuesday. My visit was on Fri. Today is Thursday, and no one has called me back. I did not do anything to deserve being treated like this, and I am very upset.