Dr. Rayshad Oshtory Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rayshad Oshtory?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Rayshad Oshtory?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 22nd, 2016

Gave me my life style back!

Dr. Oshtory is superlative in every way! He is a very skilled, qualified and knowledgeable surgeon. He is intelligent and super well trained, but he is also practical and uses good judgment. He is thorough in his explanations as well as realistic when discussing options and outcomes. After his assessment of my condition, I felt completely comfortable and confident in his judgement and his advice as to what surgical procedure I needed. Before I saw Dr. Oshtory I was in constant and severe pelvic and leg pain whenever I stood or walked. 5 weeks out after XLIF surgery on my lower back, I am walking 5 miles/day, swimming several times a week. I feel so grateful Dr. Oshtory and feel that I have been given my life back!

July 26th, 2016

Exceptional!

Dr. Ray Oshtory is an excellent surgeon. His explanations are clear and through. He is very cautious about when it is appropriate to perform surgery and when it is not. He is honest and direct in his appraisal and anticipated out come. He performed XLIF surgery on my lower back. It was minimally invasive and the result was exceptional! He set my expectations for recovery accurately. One month after surgery I was able to take a 10-hour flight to the UK in total comfort and I was able walk all over London for 10 days with not pain at all! It seemed like a miracle! Thank you, Dr. Oshtory!!!

December 19th, 2015

Dr. Oshstory performed surgery on my lower back three years ago. The recovery was quick and relatively painless. The surgery was a huge success. I haven't had an problems since. I highly recommend him.

May 29th, 2015

Rude and condescending. Worst doctor experience I ever had. Didn't listen to me and dismissed my pain. He acted like I was a liar and making it up. Said there was nothing wrong with me. Horrible experience. Never again.

April 23rd, 2013

I'll start this review by saying that I have never written an online review for a doctor. In fact, the only online review I've written was for the amazingly skilled and kind electrician we used for our home. Although I prefer private communication, I feel motivated and obligated to share my experience with Dr. Oshtory. I'll just write my review based on the categories provided by this website: Ease of Appt.: Very easy to get an appointment. Promptness: No one in the front office when I arrived. Dr. Oshtory wandered in and upon seeing this just let me know that someone ought to be there soon. He then turned around and walked away. While I don't expect a welcoming handshake, his demeanor bothered me because he didn't greet me or introduce himself. To me, this shows a lack of basic interpersonal skills. Staff: I found his receptionist to be very nice, warm even, however, I experienced three problems: First, she didn't arrive until ten minutes after the time I was asked to be there (she was out feeding her parking meter and getting coffee). Second, she asked for paperwork that she had neglected to mention to me or send to me prior to this morning. Since the paperwork is required for the first appointment, I had to hurriedly fill out the 8 pages of forms and detailed questions. Third, there seemed to be a communication problem between this receptionist and the doctor. Each time I called to try to get some information or a time frame for receiving information, she assured me that Dr. Oshtory planned to review the results of the tests he ordered right away. After a month of hearing, "He'll get back to you by the end of the day" I finally drove to the two hospitals where I received the tests and picked up the results myself to bring them to another doctor. Diagnosis: During our first (and only) appointment, Dr. Oshtory did not seem to understand my symptoms, perhaps because they did not mimic typical sciatic symptoms; however, even after the result of the x-ray and MRI were available (which was on the same day they were done), he didn't contact me at all regarding his opinion or recommendation, in fact I cannot be certain that he ever reviewed the tests. Bedside manner: He was rude and dismissive during the appointment. Seriously unusual and, honestly, disheartening. I had tears in my eyes by the end of the appointment. Spends time with me: The appointment for evaluation lasted 5 or 6 minutes. He didn't do anything or ask any questions that my primary care physician hadn't already asked. Follows up after visit: I never received confirmation that Dr. Oshtory reviewed the results of the tests he ordered; consequently, I asked my primary care physician for a referral to another doctor to get an opinion and recommendation. The second doctor I met with looked at the results of my MRI (which were available online the afternoon after I had it!) and immediately knew what was going on. He referred me for two spinal injections, which I had within two weeks of the appointment, and additional physical therapy, as well as follow-up. I've been doing so well since then - like night and day. Not only is this new doctor good at what he does, but he is professional and respectful.

June 5th, 2012

Dr. Oshtory is the best surgeon in my view.

I felt so relieved when Dr. Oshtory said I could choose neither spinal injections nor surgery. At the end I asked him to operate on my back as my condition had worsened. Dr. Oshtory answered all my questions and addressed my concerns before the surgery. I am very thankful to Dr. Oshtory and am happy with the desired result.

February 17th, 2017