Dr. Raza Mehdi MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Cypress, CA

March 18th, 2017
Wonderful caring Family Practitioner
Dr. Mehdi was my Family Physician as well as my elderly Father's Physician when he practiced for years in Algonquin, Illinois. He is a wonderful, caring & knowledgeable Physician! As my Father's PCP he actually saved my Father's life when my Dad was hospitalized in the ICU. He came in to the ICU & took the time to study my Dad's medical charts following surgery & discovered he was suffering from an overload of fluids following surgery, brought it to the attention of the Staff & made appropriate recommendations ... my Father was intubated at the time & in ICU. IF it wasn't for Dr. Mehdi, (who took the time to study the notes from ALL the other Physicians caring for my Dad in the hospital), well let's just say we were VERY lucky to have Dr. Mehdi as our PCP, he saved my Father's life! He was also my PCP Physician when he practiced in Illinois - so sorry when he moved to California. K. L. DeBias

August 4th, 2016
Not the worse doc, but not the best
Prior to Mehdi becoming our family PCP, I had a really unethical doctor who covered up an easily recognized medical mistake, with complex iatrogenesis. Mehdi did not assist me by explaining the prior iatrogenesis, nor did he take the prior misdiagnosis off my medical records. Thankfully, it turns out I'm a good medical researcher so was eventually able to figure out that I'd been poisoned via a known adverse drug interaction, which resulted in something called anticholinergic toxidrome. And my doctor after Mehdi did take the misdiagnosis off my medical records. That subsequent doctor also had to give my children immunizations that prior doctors, including Mehdi, neglected to give my children. My husband also died at the age of 46 while under Mehdi's care. One of my prior doctors was eventually arrested by the FBI for harming many patients, so I've experienced worse doctors than Mehdi, but he's definitely not the best. I will say one of his nurses seemingly followed my family from doctor to doctor to doctor during this iatrogenesis cover up, and that nurse did try to protect my children and I from more harm by doctors, which was very nice of her.

November 11th, 2015
Best Dr ever. Been going to see him since 1996 along with all my children. My parents also have gone to him the last 12 years. Very disappointed he left Illinois, but even more disappointed he never let us knew he was leaving.

October 21st, 2015
Wish he would have never left Illinois, Best Dr. Ever.

June 27th, 2013
Stay Clear
That is all I can say, Stay clear. This practice is not what it appears to be.

September 19th, 2012
Dr gone bad
I have been Dr Mehdi's patient for several years, and had been pleased with his bedside manner initially, he had taken the time to listen to me and was friendly and seemed to care, but a few times, the most recent visit included, I have had to wait well over an hour to even see him, his new nurses are not friendly, and he seems very distracted. At my last visit I was very concerned about some symptoms I was having and as I told him about them he played with his stethoscope, stared past me at the wall and gave me distracted pat answers,basically telling me I was just stressed. He did a cursory exam and told me if I was really concerned I could go get my labs from my other Dr. He patronized me and seemed otherwise distracted, I felt like he dismissed me and was not concerned with finding out what was wrong. Earlier this year he made a mistake with one of my kids shot schedules, I brought him the sheet from the school stating exactly what was needed and he gave him the wrong shot, resulting in my son having to get another immunization. He never does follow up, and seems to forget from visit to visit what my health issues are, unless he can prescribe a pill for it, then he seems very interested. His office staff has always been terrible, rude and snooty. My entire family has been with him for years, I am sad to say we will be looking elsewhere for our medical care from now on.

July 26th, 2012
L.Mundt
I find Dr. Mehdi to be a excellent doctor. He spends alot of time with you so he can understand your needs. He is a very caring and kind doctor. I would recommend him to any of my friends or family members.

June 12th, 2011
Dr Mehdi is patient, attentive, thorough and unrushed in spending time with you.Office staff is wonderful! Cheerful, helpful and friendly. Went above and beyond to help deal with refereals to other offices, insurance and calling/cc'ing/mailing me updates!

December 22nd, 2010
Best doctor EVER!
This man took me as a new patient when I was 19 and I have never regretted a moment of him as my doctor. He began seeing my parents and siblings, and then my husband and my two babies since birth (they are now 8 and 6). You may experience a slight wait (the longest ever was 25 minutes and that happened ONCE)because he is SO thorough. He will walk through everything with you and answer each and every question you have. He is also wonderful about answering questions for your other family members if they are with you as well. Such a kind and caring man. My kids LOVE going to see Dr. Mehdi. He listens to all of their random stories, laughs with them, and always says hello and goodbye with a hug for them. If he ever leaves the state, I may just have to sell my home and follow.

August 4th, 2010
Very caring and a great doc-has great PAs as well in case you need to get in and he is booked!

November 24th, 2009
Dr Mehdi is always willing to answer questions and is very helpful. I never feel like he is rushing me. Overall a very nice person and great doctor.