Dr. Reagan Parr MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

no change

May 26th, 2016
Stay away from this doctor.
My son had an accident. When I arrived at Johnson City Medical Center's ER I was told he had already been taken to a room. I ask the great nurse (Heather) to call Dr. Parr so I could ask questions about his injuries. I could hear Dr. Parr over the telephone since I was standing close to the nurse say, "I will not talk to the family and don't call me back." The nurse was dumfounded. Stay away from this person. The doctor who did my son's surgery the next morning ask why was he not in surgery the night before since it was such a bad injury - I don't know ask Dr. Parr!!!! There should be a 0 on the scale. I write this two months after the hospitalization and I am still upset.

May 4th, 2016
He is a poor excuse of a Doctor a quack

March 5th, 2016
Exceptional doctor
He's the best

February 24th, 2016
Dr.Parr, has always understood the pain I've been in with my foot/ankle, he has took the time that's has been needed with me, he did surgery on my foot and ankle, he did an excellent job, still hurts quite a bit, and gives me a fit, but he did a great job in every way.

December 8th, 2015
Great repair on my foot
Dr. Parr did a beautiful job on my foot and I highly recommend him. He answered my questions in person and responded in a timely manner on the portal. He and His staff are kind and professional. I would not change anything about my visits at Blue Ridge Orthopedic.

April 19th, 2015
Unprofessional "professional" who needs lessons in common courtesy
This doctor's bedside manner is appalling! It was my elderly mother's first visit and Dr. Parr did not introduce himself when he came in, let alone make any attempt to shake hands. He was condescending and seemed to have no idea that a bit more patience is required when dealing with elderly patients. He seemed well-informed enough, but his interpersonal skills leave much to be desired. He spoke to my 84 year old mother as if she were another health care professional who was accustomed to medical terminology. When she asked him to verbally clarify an issue, he impatiently replied "As I've said 3 times now..". Shockingly unprofessional. While he did discuss 3 contributing factors, he failed to pull it all together in such a way that made sense to Mom. Fortunately, I was present with my mother & I understood. But I'm not hindered by slower thought processes associated with aging and I have the benefit of a medical background. As Dr. Parr left the room, his parting comment was "Well, alrightie". None of the standard niceties one expects in polite society. Again, nothing about nice to meet you, goodbye, or even instructions on the check-out process. I learned later from my mother that Dr. Parr's diagnosis conflicts with the information she received from another foot specialist a few months earlier. So this proved to be a frustrating waste of time that we will not be repeating.

January 17th, 2012
Completely mangled my mothers foot. Heads of screws can be felt and seen under skin. When she asked why the screws were crossed and the foot was still messed up and not completed he simply blew it off and released her without a follow up to take the screws out. He simply forgot to complete the surgery or was in a rush. Horrible experience!!!

January 27th, 2011
Second opinion on ankle breaks
Very professoral,straight forward with diagnosising the situation