Dr. Rebecca Adlaka MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Crown Point, IN

• Good
  • Bad

June 26th, 2016
The worst experience of my life.
Lost the baby. Dr Adlaka missed the fact that I was of advanced age, had high blood pressure, upper right quadrant pain, Lots of swelling, In short, pre-eclampsia. I was given nothing for the high blood pressure, no extra monitoring, nothing out of the ordinary for a 37 year old first-time mom. Baby was still-born after I felt him not moving. They induced labor that took 36 hours and another doctor was on call. That doctor should have delivered the baby but the nurses could not find her and a nurse delivered the baby, still-born, which we already knew. I saw Dr Adlaka for about 30 seconds the next day and she never showed up for her follow-up appointments, another doctor took the appointments. I think of that little baby everyday, it has changed my life and my confidence in doctors completely. I would not trust this doctor with my health again.

June 22nd, 2010
her office staff make her look bad. not sure if she was good, I didn't get the chance to find out before I took off running.
I was pregnant with my second daughter and new to the area. Dr. Adlaka was on my insurance plan and close to my home. I called to make an appointment and I told them I was not sure how far along I was because my periods had been really irregular but that I was scared that I was pretty far (close to 3-4 months). They told me it would be another 5 weeks for an appointment. I took it. Showed up to my appointment and waited, and waited and waited. Other people had gone in and come out. I went to the desk several times and the girl at the front desk assured me that they knew I was there. Well... they didn't. The medical assistant told me that as she was taking me back to my room. The doctor never even apologized. She came in, ordered an ultrasound, put me on some prenatals and then said something about how she thought I may be pretty far along and that I should not have waited so long to get in. Really? As if I didn't try? My ultrasound said I was 16 weeks. By the way- I am an educated, married, adult woman and unfortunately I had some seriously messed up periods before that pregnancy so I didn't know I was. I was given a prescription for nausea and the pharmacy told me my insurance didn't cover it. I called her office and they were really rude and said they would call me back. They didn't call back for 3 days. I called them and the girl who answered seemed really bothered and told me they had called something else in for me the day I called. How was I supposed to know? The last straw was that someone called at 4pm on a Friday and left a voice message telling me to call back (a couple of days after some blood testing). I couldn't get anyone when I tried to call back because the office was closed so I worried all weekend since she did not tell me what the call was about on the message. I called on Monday and spoke to someone. She kept putting me on hold and then finally told me that nobody in the office knew why I was called and not to worry about it. Not to worry about it? Really? Well, I had an appointment a couple of weeks later and one of my tests was abnormal and the doctor told me it was documented that they had tried calling me several times about the test but that I had not called back. I was furious. I switched doctors after that. When my new doctor's office called their office to get my records, they said the the person at Dr. Adlaka's office seemed really rude and actually said something negative about me!!! How unprofessional. I'm not sure- maybe Dr. Adlaka is a good doctor but her staff is so horrible that I would not know.

November 29th, 2008
This woman misdiagnosed me when I was in terrible pain. After getting a second opinion, next thing I knew I was having surgery and my husband and I may never have kids!

October 31st, 2008
where is your office located since you left crown point?
I am waiting to find out her new location. She has been a wonderful, caring physician and it's time for my yearly appointment and I do not want to go to anyone else.

May 18th, 2008
Great Doctor
She is a wonderful physician.

August 10th, 2017