Dr. Rebecca Aft Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rebecca Aft?

February 17th, 2016

Poor Office

I have never met Dr. Aft personally, but her staff is what concerns me. I've had two appointments cancelled because of technology issues with an ultrasound disk. Each time they did not think to try and open and view the disk before the day of my appointment. Had I known it was not working I could have gotten another copy and brought it with me.

September 26th, 2015

During sentinal node biopsy Dr. Aft butchered 3 additional lymph nodes. These were later found on ultrasound. She also removed an extra node during surgery. That means, 4 unnecessary lymph nodes were removed or destroyed. I now have all the complications of someone who had axillary node dissection with radiation. On my follow up surgical visit Dr. Aft failed to note that I had double axillary web that went from my elbow to the center of my mastectomy scar.

March 19th, 2015

Best Surgeon

Dr. Aft must be one of the best surgeons out there. I was happy with my mastectomy from the very beginning, but as I see more and more results from other people's mastectomies, I am more convinced that she must be the cream of the crop.

August 4th, 2014

DON'T DO IT....find a surgeon at a non-teaching hospital instead

Dr. Aft failed to properly supervise a resident performing my port implant for chemo, causing a near-fatal incident in the O.R. where the resident jammed the guide wire for the port into my heart causing 3rd degree heart block. My heart stopped, the anesthesiology notes were completely absent from the moment the incident occurred until a temporary pacemaker was located in the hospital and placed 1.5 hours later. The hospital scrubbed the O.R. report, making it appear that I actually caused the incident although I was under general anesthesia. A permanent pacemaker was placed 3 days later after which I developed congestive heart failure because of the type of pacemaker they implanted. I have already had to have 2 additional surgeries and will have heart failure for the rest of my life. All because of a very careless resident she was supervising. If I used her I would demand that NO resident there ever touch me. After the incident my oncologist was desperate to get the port placed. At the time I did not yet know what happened as the hospital tried to deny all responsibility so I let her try to place the port again. However, her office was so rude in trying to re-schedule the appointment I can't believe I still went back for more. Avoid at all costs.

August 21st, 2013

patient

I came to her office in severe pain. Dr. Aft was very rude to me and wouldn't listen to my concerns, even went so far as to asked me what I expected her to do?! I said, to see what is causing my pain! She said, well I guess I could do a CAT Scan. So, I finally got my scan and was never called with the results. I finally called her office and was told that I had diverticulosis (sp) and I said, well what do I do for that? I was told to EAT more fiber!? Really!! That's it?! For such a well respected center I expected more compassion and a lot more help!!

August 10th, 2012

DO NOT RECOMMEND

I went in for a "routine" procedure - placement of a port-a-cath for chemo under general anesthesia. Dr. Aft, most likely the resident, stabbed me in the heart with the catheter guidewire, shorting out my heart. I now have a pacemaker and congestive heart failure for life. The staff denied all liability, (expected) and behaved as if I caused the problem. They waited 3 days to replace the dangerous temporary pacemaker with a permanent because it was a weekend, which would have caused them inconvenience.Dr Aft, and her staff, could not have been ruder in refusing to reschedule my port implant within a reasonable time frame and made me wear an exposed line for chemotherapy which became infected. My oncologist had to call and beg her to place the port sooner than 8 weeks from the proposed date. The doctor and resident did not inform my husband of their negligence for nearly 2 hours when it was supposed to be a 30 min procedure.The medical records were washed clean by the legal department.

July 15th, 2012

Excellent doctor

sI have had two minor surgeries by Dr. Aft. The first time I met her I thought she was a little cold, but the second and third visits showed me that she is totally focused and cares very much about her patients. I feel totally comfortable with her, and She did a fantastic job on both surgeries.

October 11th, 2011

Superior surgeon, highly skilled and knowledgable

Dr. Aft had extensive experience in breast cancer research prior to becoming a surgeon. Not only is she an extraordinary diagnostician, but will go to extreme measures to do all that she can to provide best outcome. Average bedside manner, but highly knowledgable and current with treatments and procedures. One of the best rated breast cancer surgeons nationwide.

April 1st, 2011

Very Uncaring

Please anyone who is going to see or being recommended to Dr Aft should really beware of her uncaring emotions. She will tell you how much pain you are in, you are not allowed to tel her how you feel. She won't care! I have dealt with my problem for 10 years and after many surgeries, I was referred to her and it was the worst day of my life! She is so cold and uncaring that I could not even go back to see her, my boyfriend didn't like her the first time we went in. Please really think if you want someone who considers you as a person or as a case. Everyone to her is a case! Well I'm not going to be just another one of her cases and I will not have someone who has never dealt with what I'm going through tell me how much pain I have! Terrible doctor, terrible bedside manner!!

December 2nd, 2010

Mastectomy

Dr. Aft preformed a double mastectomy for me after breat cancer diagnosis (DCIS). Dr. Aft is very professional and did an excellent job overall. I had every confidence after surgery that Dr. Aft had throughly removed the affected tissues. Dr. Aft is all business but I like that she is totally focused on the task at hand. I would reccomend her to anyone needing breast cancer surgery.

October 6th, 2010

No finer doctor will you find.

July 15th, 2010

best doctor in the world

Dr. Rebecca Aft is the best doctor i have ever known, with a kind and gentle heart she treats so many paitents. she is like an angle from heaven. I hope anyone who needs the best care go see Dr. Aft she will and can treat you to the fullest.