Dr. Rebecca Ashe Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Rebecca Ashe?

3 Ratings with 1 Comment

September 10th, 2013

I was treated very poorly by Rebecca Ashe

My review would be all zero stars if I could do that....but the ratings are asking for at least one star.... When I was under Rebecca Ashe's "care" or lack thereof, I was treated very poorly by Rebecca Ashe. I have never been treated and spoken to in such a judgmental manner by a doctor. Last I checked, she was listed as an internal medicine doctor, so when she decided to play psychologist with me and spoke down to me, just because I voiced out to her that I believe patients and doctors should work together so that I can get better..I was shocked by her poor attitude. Her bedside manner was very offensive and judgmental. I felt that she was personally attacking me when she talked down to me and judged me as a person and threw in my face about things I confided in her about (during previous visits) which I thought were to help her in figuring out why I have become ill and what I thought were a possible factor and/or cause to my illness. Then she also had the audacity to use against me in addition to what I confided to her,... other important concerns I had shared with a different department that works for the hospital. At the end of the visit, all in all, I felt like she tried to affect me emotionally by her hurtful words, which I do not believe was appropriate and was very unprofessional. This occurred why? Because I mentioned to her that I had attempted to reach her multiple times and never received a call back from her, and that I had hoped and thought that me as the the patient and her as the doctor would work together so that I could get better. Then she stated to me and openly admitted, it was because I don't have insurance, which is not true. I am insured. It appeared to me that in her eyes, I am not since I am assisted through a program that covers it. Her exact words were, "You will get less attention than those who have insurance." Then she suggested I see another doctor. At this point I wondered about if it was just in tv shows or movies when kids would say, "I want to be a doctor when I grow up because I want to help people get better." In this instance, from my point of view, she demonstrated to me that money was what was important and not the patient, who was me during this visit. As for her staff....with one of my last interactions with one of the girls on her staff, she was rude and unkind. I don't remember her name, but I remember when I spoke to her, I was brushed off by her when I spoke to her over the phone and she said to me in a very unfriendly manner, that she had to go because she had other patients to attend to. I believe she could have at least said to me in a professional manner,..."I understand your concerns unfortuately I have to go right now, but I can call you back if you would like...?" But no, she brushed me off and said something like, "You know I have other patients to attend to." So suffice to say, the level of customer service is poor. As for finding another doctor I will be HAPPY to do so. My lesson learned here is that just because someone attended a good medical school doesn't mean they adopted good work ethics and values that help the patient. The quality of care overall I received from Rebecca Ashe was unprofessional and poor.

August 5th, 2015