Pediatrician, Critical Care Specialist
13820 Old Saint Augustine Rd
Ste 101
Jacksonville, FL 32258
904-260-2565
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  mom of 2  |  show details
by Ann on Apr 7th, 2014

Dr. Cooper and her staff are absolutely wonderful. Her staff is well educated in pediatrics and does a nice job separating well and sick child visits, which is so important to keeping children well. Every time one of our children has needed to be seen, the office has made time, including day of visits. Dr. Cooper even met us on a Saturday morning to see our infant. Beyond the outstanding access to care, Dr. Cooper is a top notch physician. She is interested and informed about her patient's health. Both of our daughters have had to see specialists. Dr. Cooper referred us to the necessary specialists and has spoken on multiple occasions with those specialists about the girls, their treatment, and next steps. It should be noted that the specialists also hold Dr. Cooper in very high regard, as both the pediatric cardiologist and pediatric allergist commented positively about her patient care and follow up. As a parent of a three year old and a 6-month-old, I'm grateful for the care given to our girls at Beaches Pediatrics. This is our third pediatrician and Dr. Cooper and her staff are absolutely the best.

|  Amazing!!  |  show details
by Krystin A. on Sep 27th, 2013

Dr. Cooper is the most amazing doctor that I have ever gone to. I have been going to her since I was little, and every time I go, she is always thorough, accurate, and patient. She never rushes me out the door, and always seems interested in what I have to say, whether she is backed up or not. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a pediatrician. :)

|  A concerned parent  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2013

Dr Cooper needs to hang up her coat and stethoscope and retire .

|  Superb doctor and special lady.  |  show details
by Heather Weidle on May 4th, 2013

Dr. cooper is unlike any other doctor out there these days. She takes a personal interest in her patients AND their families. She always asks the parent how they are feeling and coping with the health of their child and looks at the entire picture of health for each child. Dr. Cooper never rushes her patients and families out the door or makes you feel like she doesn't have time for your questions. Since we sat down to interview her when we were first choosing a pediatrician for our son 9 years ago to my appointment with her yesterday, she has made it clear that she will hear all my concerns, honestly put forth her recommendations and then follow whatever corse of action I think is best for my child. I feel so lucky to have found her!

|  Very caring  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2012

She does a very thorough examination to be sure she makes the right diagnosis, and she really cares about her patients.

Oct 23rd, 2012

Dr. Cooper is the best doctor that I could've found for my family. Her staff is courteous, and the physicians are phenomenal. I would recommend her to anyone.

|  Best pediatrician  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

Dr. Cooper has been the best pediatrician. She and her staff are very friendly and professional. Both my daughters have been patients of Dr. Cooper since they were born. She is very understanding and helpful. When times were difficult and I didn't have insurance she still saw my children. She even saved me several trips to the emergency room on week ends by seeing my girls in her office on a Saturday. I don't know of any doctor willing to go that far except for her. There are none better than her and her staff.

|  Look Elsewhere for good Care.  |  show details
by Concerned Parent on Sep 15th, 2012

Look elsewhere if your looking for good care for you child. While trying to give Doctor Cooper background information on our child she would spend more time stairing into her computer screen than actually listening to you. We would wait for a response and she wasn't even listening. We seen 6 different doctors in her practice b/c the change over was so great between her two locations and had to explain the seriousness of our son's condtion 6 different times. Her bedside manner is horrible with children and parents. If she would like patients to get a well visit from her, she should act like she gives two hoots about them, but it's obvious she should be retiring from the position. We recieved our childrens Well visits from a another doctor that was truley interested in our children and since she wasn't ever available . We came to her practice b/c of some friends that were seeing her and since then, they have all left b/c of similar situations. If you care about your child and bring any medical information that you've researched to her, she will dismiss it. But, then she will never offer any true knowledge of the subject herself. My guess, is b/c she doesn't know but won't say it. The main reason we switched to a PPO, so we could get knowlegdable health care for our children and not have to go to someone like her.

|  Extremely knowledgable and caring  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

The staff and the physicians were both very caring and knowledgeable. Felt like going to visit a family friend I have been going to Beaches Pediatrics for about 7 years. The office is always clean and neat and the exams rooms are huge! I am able to go to both offices, here in Jacksonville and the original office in Jacksonville Beach. Both office are convenient to my work and home. I love the doctors, they are very caring and even calling me back when I left a message regarding my sick child. I called on a weekend recently and I was surprised that Dr. Cooper herself called me back and offered to see my child in the office on a Sunday, instead of being told to go to the ER. I always feel welcomed and best of all, my children love going to the doctors.

|  not too great....  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

undress my newborn and wait for 40 minutes....dont like it

by anna on Feb 25th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I chose Dr Cooper to be my son's Dr because of the reviews on here and I'm so glad I did. She is a wonderful Dr with an amazing staff. When I call to make an appointment they know who we are right away and get us in with an hour or two. They remember what we discuss and only prescribe antibiotics if absolutely necessary. No question is stupid and they even give us a printout of info on our childs age and keeping him healthy and safe at each well baby visit. The best!

by dw on Jan 9th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Dr.Cooper and her staff are absolutely incredible! They are very thorough and informative. Never rushing you out and always answering your questions at any time day or night. Dr.Cooper and Dr.Rhodes both are great with the kids and us! I highly recommend them. They are wonderful doctors! with a wonderful staff!

by Christie S. on Dec 10th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Cooper has been an amazing Dr. for our two children. She was recommended to us from the hospital that our son was born in. Her staff is so friendly and makes you feel right at home. Dr. Cooper is so gentle and loving towards our kids that they look forward to their appointments.They are always there to answer any question that we may have no matter how small. Dr. Cooper even came to the office to see my son on a Sunday without hesitation. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS WONDERFUL DOCTOR

Mar 10th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Cooper and her staff are fantastic. Highly recommend. They are always available to answer question etc. Very knowledgable and does not rush you out the door. High recommend.

Mar 5th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr. Cooper is the best!: My daughter has been seeing Dr. Cooper since she was a baby. We have seen other pediatricians, but none can compare to Dr. Cooper. She is so great to the children, and always takes a lot of time to speak to the parents and the kid