Overall Review

July 23rd, 2016
SISTER IN LAW
Dr. Curtiss is OUTSTANDING. My brother in law has multiple health issues and has been sent to specialist after specialist. He has been to the ER numerous times treated and released. His primary care physician did not do hospital visits and would not admit him or take a proactive role in coordinating his care. It took 2 years (the last 6 months he experienced a rapid decline and 28 lb weight loss) to convince him to change primary care physicians. Now he is glad that he did! Dr. Curtis accepted him as a new patient, set him at ease (and his wife) and gave him HOPE! She adjusted his meds for his new weight. She encouraged him! She discussed an immediate plan of action and said that she would gather his history, blood work, etc. and come up with a plan to get to the bottom of his health issues. This couple is in their late 70's. Dr. Curtiss listened intently to their lengthy medical history, answered lots of questions in terms that they understood and took her time explaining what she saw in his records. (Some of it, they had no idea!) The nurse and office personnel were so patient and kind! They got us in within 10 minutes of the appointment time. We were not rushed at all. It was just before lunch and they worked us in. We left so encouraged! I was impressed with the entire experience!

May 3rd, 2014
Dr. Review
Dr. Curtiss is the best doctor I have ever had. She is professional and shows a deep concern for her patients. Very easy to talk to and she listens !! Would recommend her to anyone looking for a very caring doctor. In addition, her nurse Carol, is by far the most responsive nurse I have ever had or seen. Always returns calls and listens to my request. I would say that this is the best team in Mobile.

March 27th, 2013
I love Dr. Curtiss
I am surprised to read anything negative. I have been seeing Dr. Curtiss for several years. She is kind and caring and I just love her sense of humor. I have never had trouble getting appointments. And when I go over the time her office calls and reminds me to come in! I found out before a procedure I had a bad EKG so the next day went in to another doctor to have all the tests. When he looked at my meds he said Dr. Curtiss was right on spot with the medications and he added one more med. I told him to send her my chart info. which I am sure she recieved and now she is calling for me to come in to see her. You can't ask for better treatment than that!

March 6th, 2013
Dr. Rebecca Curtiss
Very caring; possesses a jovial spirit; she always takes personal time to understand not only your medical condition, but you, the patient .

June 8th, 2012
Plain talk
what I love about Dr. Curtiss is her ability to listen to the patient -whether it is me, my husband, or my parent- before deciding what tests, medicine, or advice to give. Her diagnoses are spot on and not given until enough information is gathered. I appreciate her thorough, attentive care.She is also protective of her patients. I have seen her take patients to the lab herself to ensure fast care, when they were to sick to sit and wait for service. She always has samples of mess for senior citizens who may need assistance purchasing medications on a fixed income. I read in another review that someone took their mother in and when the patient told her she had certain symptoms, Dr. Curtiss said, "me too!". That is her way of lightening the mood. Most people are so worried they become even sicker. It always makes me feel better to know that I am not alone in my misery! Dr. Curtiss is a kind, funny, effective, knowledgeable, professional. I trust her with my health and well-being.

May 31st, 2012
horrible!!!
i am currently seeking out a new doctor. everyone in this office needs to find a new career. what ever happened to a good bedside manner? my aunt went in for an appt for fatigue and was feeling really weak. dr. curtiss' response was..."me too"! really?? real professional lady! my aunt left. my mother complained of pains in side for 3 years, finally demanded a ct scan, and soon discovered cancer in her abdomen area! curtiss ignored this for 3 yrs! we have to beg to get an appt. talk to an answering service for a month to get an appt, its rediculous. i would continue with complaints but there is not enough room on this page. if u are concidering, think again!!!

March 21st, 2012
Rude and Incompetent
One example of her lack of follow up: I had a CT Scan and they NEVER called me with the results. I can only pray that they were ok. I have made an appt. with a new Dr. and I will have the results sent to her. Another example: During my appt. with Dr. Curtiss, she wanted me to have lab tests before she wrote my Rxs because she might have to change some of them. They never called me with the results. Two weeks later when I called to get my Rxs, they never would call me back. It took me an additional month to get Rxs. I had to go to the office and refuse to leave until I had them in my hand.Very rude and incompetent!!! I will never see Dr. Curtiss again, but I'm sure she won't notice. She just herds you through her office without even making eye contact. She doesn't even pretend to care. I wouldn't take my dog to see her!

October 23rd, 2008
Excellent new patient experience
Upon the recommendation of a friend, I called Dr. Curtiss's office before it opened to see if she would work me in for an upper respiratory virus. Within ten minutes of opening I received a call from her staff they graciously worked me in for that same afternoon. I arrived a little earlier knowing that I would need to complete paperwork. The staff were trying to take a lunch break, but gladly took time away from their break to supply me with the paperwork. I was escorted into a patient room within 10 minutes of the appointment time. The nurse took detailed information and the doctor saw me within a couple of minutes. In my experience with Mobile physician offices this is outstanding. Particularly with regard to internal medicine. I commend Dr. Curtiss and her staff in providing excellent patient care. I will transfer all of my medical records and become one of her regular patients. I look forward to a continuing relationship with these fine medical professionals.