Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Utica Square
The Womens Health Group
1919 S Wheeling Ave
Ste 500
Tulsa, OK 74104
918-293-6200
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 9th, 2013

She is a great doctor with knowledge and expertise on many levels. I would recommend her to all of my friends and co-workers.

Jun 24th, 2013

Dr. Deaton is (by far) the best OB/GYN that I've ever seen! She's always so helpful, on time, and more than willing to answer any questions that I have. She gives information on nearly everything that we discuss in office and doesn't throw anything at me that she's not willing to back with credible resources. Her nurse is also very sweet, helpful, and willing to take her time with my (many) phone calls and questions. They both seem very knowledgable in the field and I recommend them to all of my female friends and family!

|  Nightmare experience  |  show details
May 10th, 2013

I would not recommend Dr. Deaton to anyone. At my fist visit she was very warm and charming but every visit after that initial on she was cold, had a bad bedside manner and seemed annoyed if asked questions. This doctor nearly got sued after her nurse gave me incorrect lab results that could have been devastating had I not requested my own copies of the tests and seen the error. Then when I got upset and told her that could have caused a lawsuit she dismissed me from her practice. Now, no matter what practice she is affiliated with, I am barred from seeing other doctors in her practice because she made a note in my chart that I was a "problem patient" and dismissed me to cover her butt.

|  Left me naked, freezing, and alone for almost an hour  |  show details
by unknow on Feb 12th, 2013

Dr. Deaton was the first and only OBGYN I have ever used. I liked her the first time, but it got worse and worse as I continued to go to her. When she put me on birth control she never gave me any information about it at all. She didn't even tell me it was important to take it at the same time every day. She did warn me about possible cancers. Just handed me a pack of pills and sent me on my way. Then, later, I was diagnosed with HPV (I have had 2 partners), it was a shock. I had to come back in for a biopsy of my cervix. I sat in the back naked and freezing for over an hour, I heard the nurses discussing she was not even there! No one ever came back in to talk to me about it, they just left me there; scared, naked, freezing, and alone. When she finally came in I was pretty angry, and she was rude to me instead of asking me why I was upset. It was absolutely one of the worst experiences of my life. Then afterward they called with the results and said it wasn't cancerous, but she never did tell me if it would clear up, if I needed to abstain from sex, etc. She was terrible about giving me information. I guess she thought I already knew.

|  Deaton is one of the best!  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2012

Very knowledgable. Straight forward. Compassionate. Trustworthy. Been a patient for 25 years. Wouldn't dream of going to anyone else. Takes the time to discuss your issues. Gives you the pros and cons.

Jul 18th, 2011

She is personable and professional. Office staff friendly and professional. Staff needs to inform patients if the wait is longer than 15 minutes.

Jan 29th, 2009

I always feel worse after visiting this office. The doctors are very impersonal and harsh. The receptionists ignore you or chew gum while talking to you. Anytime I have had an actual need or complaint, they tell me to drink more water and take birth control pills. You have pelvic pain? Take birth control pills. You need to lose weight? Take birth control pills. Do they get some sort of commission for the most people they can perscribe bc pills? And then when you say you have side effects from the birth control they tell you it's all in your head. I despise going to these people, but they are the only gyno office my insurance covers. I am a college educated woman and by no means stupid; but, when I complain about pain in my own body, they act like I have no idea what I'm talking about. I would advise finding someone else if you have a choice. I have heard these complaints from many other patients also.

Jun 9th, 2008

I went to her for a second opinion last year and decided to keep her as my GYN. My PCP recommended her. She has always been friendly to me. I can see where she can come across as unfriendly, though. I just want to get in and get out and be done with it so we don't really talk much.