Dr. Rebecca Deaton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rebecca Deaton?

May 15th, 2017

Have been seeing Dr. Deacon for about 35 years. She delivered my sons. When my sister was told that she needed surgery for cysts I recommended that she first see Dr. Deaton. Due to the circumstances Dr. Deaton recommended that my sister wait. The cysts disappeared on their own. Dr. Deaton is a caring doctor.

February 27th, 2017

Dr. Deaton is a common sense Dr. who talks with you about problems

I have gone to Dr. Deaton for years (I am 71) and trust her advice and suggestions. I feel like I can go to her with any gynecological issue and she will listen and suggest all the options. I think she is excellent.

February 24th, 2016

Really enjoy Dr Deaton. Patient, thorough, and does a good job of explaining diagnosis and path forward.

July 9th, 2013

She is a great doctor with knowledge and expertise on many levels. I would recommend her to all of my friends and co-workers.

May 10th, 2013

Nightmare experience

I would not recommend Dr. Deaton to anyone. At my fist visit she was very warm and charming but every visit after that initial on she was cold, had a bad bedside manner and seemed annoyed if asked questions. This doctor nearly got sued after her nurse gave me incorrect lab results that could have been devastating had I not requested my own copies of the tests and seen the error. Then when I got upset and told her that could have caused a lawsuit she dismissed me from her practice. Now, no matter what practice she is affiliated with, I am barred from seeing other doctors in her practice because she made a note in my chart that I was a "problem patient" and dismissed me to cover her butt.

February 12th, 2013

Left me naked, freezing, and alone for almost an hour

Dr. Deaton was the first and only OBGYN I have ever used. I liked her the first time, but it got worse and worse as I continued to go to her. When she put me on birth control she never gave me any information about it at all. She didn't even tell me it was important to take it at the same time every day. She did warn me about possible cancers. Just handed me a pack of pills and sent me on my way. Then, later, I was diagnosed with HPV (I have had 2 partners), it was a shock. I had to come back in for a biopsy of my cervix. I sat in the back naked and freezing for over an hour, I heard the nurses discussing she was not even there! No one ever came back in to talk to me about it, they just left me there; scared, naked, freezing, and alone. When she finally came in I was pretty angry, and she was rude to me instead of asking me why I was upset. It was absolutely one of the worst experiences of my life. Then afterward they called with the results and said it wasn't cancerous, but she never did tell me if it would clear up, if I needed to abstain from sex, etc. She was terrible about giving me information. I guess she thought I already knew.

November 6th, 2012

Deaton is one of the best!

Very knowledgable. Straight forward. Compassionate. Trustworthy. Been a patient for 25 years. Wouldn't dream of going to anyone else. Takes the time to discuss your issues. Gives you the pros and cons.

July 19th, 2011

She is personable and professional. Office staff friendly and professional. Staff needs to inform patients if the wait is longer than 15 minutes.

January 29th, 2009

I always feel worse after visiting this office. The doctors are very impersonal and harsh. The receptionists ignore you or chew gum while talking to you. Anytime I have had an actual need or complaint, they tell me to drink more water and take birth control pills. You have pelvic pain? Take birth control pills. You need to lose weight? Take birth control pills. Do they get some sort of commission for the most people they can perscribe bc pills? And then when you say you have side effects from the birth control they tell you it's all in your head. I despise going to these people, but they are the only gyno office my insurance covers. I am a college educated woman and by no means stupid; but, when I complain about pain in my own body, they act like I have no idea what I'm talking about. I would advise finding someone else if you have a choice. I have heard these complaints from many other patients also.

June 9th, 2008

I went to her for a second opinion last year and decided to keep her as my GYN. My PCP recommended her. She has always been friendly to me. I can see where she can come across as unfriendly, though. I just want to get in and get out and be done with it so we don't really talk much.

September 28th, 2017