Overall Review

4.9

July 22nd, 2016
After struggling for most of my life with digestive issues, IBS, depression and fatigue, I came to Dr. Elmaleh in 2002. I sought out homeopathy as an alternative and/or compliment to conventional western medicine because I was not getting answers or relief from my symptoms. I’ve been seeing Dr. Elmaleh for 14 years. She evaluates you as a whole person by considering your physical as well as emotional state when prescribing remedies. She is compassionate, caring and dedicated to her patients. Through homeopathy, she is the only physician who has helped manage my symptoms and resolve my health issues. After having my son in 2010, I started bringing him to her as well regarding his health and general wellness. I firmly believe that under Dr. Elmaleh’s care, my body has been able to heal itself, and I am a happier and healthier person.

May 10th, 2016
Excellent practitioner
Dr. Elmaleh has been treating my 2 children and myself for the past 5 years. She is holistic, brilliant and keeps us healthy.

May 9th, 2016
I first began seeing Dr. Elmaleh due to respiratory issues (bronchial asthma) and menopausal symptoms that included heart arrhythmias, digestive problems, mood swings, etc. Dr. Elmaleh is extremely knowledgeable in selecting the right remedies; and in my case was able to bring my body into balance almost immediately. I have not had an asthma attack in over 18 years. She is also extremely caring and compassionate and at times has gone out of her way to help me.

May 2nd, 2016
I've known Dr. Elmaleh since the beginning of her practice--many years ago. My continuing experience has been so excellent, that I've referred all my friends, family members and my own psychotherapy patients to her.

April 30th, 2016
Excellent Doctor, both homeopathic and western
Dr Elmaleh is truly excellent - old fashioned in her approach in terms of taking lots of time and being personally involved and caring - and very up to the moment in terms of knowledge and research. She has helped me with numerous issues including menopausal and allergic. Her staff is very helpful and friendly and the office is clean and honey. I would recommend her to anyone with niggling issues not solved by traditional medicine and anyone seeking relief for chronic conditions.

February 18th, 2016
I've been seeing Dr. Elmaleh since early 2012 now (4 years). She has helped me through fertility issues, insomnia, anxiety, immune system support and now I take both of my babies to her (a toddler and a baby.) She keeps them healthy, healthier than most of their peers from what I can tell. They get sick, of course they do, but their illnesses are mild, fevers are few and low, and my 2yo son has not needed antibiotics once yet in his life. Most notable for me was Dr. E's assistance throughout my pregnancies. My OB wanted to induce 4 days past my due date. As I was striving for a natural childbirth, I knew induction would derail my goals. Dr. E started preparing my body and the baby for a timely delivery about a month before my due date. As the date approached, I got nervous. She prescribed some more potent remedies, and I went into labor the very next day, continuously taking the remedies during labor. My first labor took only 8 hours, and I had an incredible natural experience. Similar situation with my 2nd pregnancy, so "coincidence" sort of went out the window there. Both babies delivered ON their due dates! Pretty cool. She's also great about referrals to other practitioners including acupuncturists, fertility doctors, osteopaths, specialists for children, etc. It's expensive, hard to get an appointment if you're a new patient (get on the waitlist for a cancellation!), and for me, out of the way, but I keep going because I trust her with the health of my children.

November 17th, 2015
I've been seeing Dr. Elmaleh for almost 20 years. Actually, I've lost count. I had been looking for a homeopathic MD who prescribed remedies the way the French do and not the Americans. American homeopaths favor choosing just one remedy. It can take months and many tries before you get the right one, if you ever do, while you continue to suffer. When I lived in France, the homeopaths there prescribed several different remedies in combination; the pharmacists would mix them into a single cordial. This was much more effective. Dr. Elmaleh (who is from France) subscribes to this method, although she has to prescribe the remedies in separate tubes because American pharmacists are clueless about homeopathy. So sometimes I have to carry as many as 12 tubes when I travel. Obviously I would not have been going to her for so long if her prescriptions were not effective. In addition (though sometimes the wait is long) she spends at least an hour with each patient, you could not ask for more. She can also examine you, order tests, the same as a primary doctor, and even write prescriptions for standard medication if she feels it's more appropriate than homeopathy. She is up on the latest European remedies and compounds, and can advise you how to get them. Can you tell I love her? I have to add that she is expensive, but that's because she spends so much time with you.

November 5th, 2015
Dr. Elmaleh is a superb doctor. She is not only an excellent physician, she is an empathic human being, as well as a brilliant out-of-the-box medical and more thinker and exceptional diagnostician and caretaker.

October 14th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Elmaleh's for close to 20 years. She has seen me through menopause and beyond, enabling me to maintain my health and well-being using only natural remedies. Not to be minimized is the comfort and support of a truly caring health care professional. I look forward to our consultations and ivariably leave Dr. Elmaleh's office feeling refreshed and optimistic.

August 20th, 2015
Finally, relief from sinus infections
Prior to visiting Dr Elmaleh I had suffered from sinus infections almost weekly. I had been tested for allergies and immune deficiencies and who knows what else. Nobody could figure out what the problem was, but Dr Elmaleh's methods have been able to let me go from 15-20 sinus infections per year to 2. She's really invested in her patients and will think through problems, come up with solutions no matter what, and follow-up to make sure they're working for you.

June 22nd, 2015
I am the single parent of twin boys, now aged almost 8, who are healthy, happy and confident. Not so easy to achieve in the complicated world in which we live. One of the mainstays I have grown to rely on are my quarterly appointments with Dr. Elamaleh, who not only has been hugely instrumental in helping us navigate some very specific issues related to my boys' health, but has also helped us sustain and maintain their overall general health in a way that continues to evolve with their growth and development. My first experience with Dr. Elmaleh was over 4 years ago, when one of my boy's breathing difficulty filled me with concern and my appointments with my pediatrician as well as various medical specialists were unable to provide any day to day solutions, other than to tell me that he most probably would outgrow what seemed to be large adnoids and that he didn't quite qualify for sleep apnea. Nonetheless the many nights that I stayed awake monitoring his snorts and gasps and wondering if he was going to stop breathing lead me to seek out a different kind of help. Being an attorney as well as psychoanalyst myself, it was important to find someone who not only understood the issue but who had the right credentials. Dr. Elmaleh has all of that and more--she not only diagnosed, treated and I think cured one son's breathing issues, she has done similar feats for my other son's stomach and mild anxiety issues as well. And all with warmth, compassion and the utmost professionalism. I am a huge admirer and supporter of Dr. Elmaleh and hope to keep her as a presence in my boys' life for a very long time.

June 2nd, 2015
Amazing Doctor.. A true find!
Dr. Elmaleh was recommended to me from a friend to treat Anxiety and horrible PMS. From day 1 when I met her, Dr. Elmaleh was very thorough with her questions and getting to the root of my issues. The remedies prescribed have worked amazingly well. It's one year later and my symptoms are all gone. Additionally, the office is clean, the staff is friendly and Dr. Elmaleh is extremely patient and very focused on each individual client. Dr. Elmaleh is one of a kind and is a true find. I highly recommend her.