Dr. Rebecca Elmaleh MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine New York, NY

4.8

May 11th, 2017
Dr. Elmaleh is a true holistic practitioner. She has her medical training in internal medicine and is also a world-class homeopath. She blends these approaches seamlessly, combining the best of western medicine with the healing practices of homeopathy to create an invaluable approach to patient care. Her appointments range from 1-2 hours during which performs a comprehensive evaluation, including an extremely thorough history. She understands that by taking the time to listen carefully one can often get to the root of many problems. She integrates all of the information to establish a complete plan of care, including homeopathic remedies, supplements, life style changes and, when appropriate, medication. She works with you and your body to help you achieve a state of true health. Dr. Elmaleh is super smart, insightful and caring. She is generous with her time and is easy to be with and trust. As a bonus, her administrative staff is excellent in all ways. I could not recommend her more highly.

May 11th, 2017
REAL, CARING HEALTHCARE
I've known Dr. Elmaleh for 25+ years. In 1990-1991 she completely cured my 18-month-old son of chronic ear infections that were threatening his eardrums. (I've always thought of this as something of a miracle.) My two other sons also saw her for a variety of concerns when they were little; During those years, Dr. E. taught me much about homeopathic remedies for common complaints and I have been using these remedies ever since. Recently, I went back to her for sleep problems, which she has very successfully helped me deal with. She has also successfully helped me lower my blood pressure. (I have been able to stop taking the drugs prescribed by my allopathic doctor for both of these problems.) The goal now is to get me off all potentially harmful prescription meds. Dr. Elmaleh's strength is her M.D. degree combined with her deep knowledge of homeopathy; and she is perfectly honest about what the latter can and cannot do. Dr. Elmaleh really cares about her patients; I have referred many people to her over the years and will continue to do so.

May 1st, 2017
Best family doctor in NYC
Dr. Elmaleh is a caring professional, extremely knowledgeable in her field, and just an overall wonderful person. My husband and I came to her in 2012, while I was pregnant with my first child. We were looking for a more natural approach to taking care of our health and Dr. Elmaleh and homeopathy proved perfect for us. She’s seen us through 2 non-medicated, vaginal childbirths; after-birth physical, mental, and emotional concerns; baby problems like colic and allergies; digestive issues; skin problems; hormonal imbalances; colds and flu (which we never had since having her as our doctor); and a lot more. She even gives us advice on child-rearing, which are very helpful since she is a mother to 2 wonderful daughters, as well. Visits can also sometimes feel like going to a therapist, as she takes a lot of time to get to know you and get deep into the issues that bother you. My two young daughters (ages4 and 2) love her and look forward to every visit. Our family of four has found that a lot of chronic health issues we didn’t know could be resolved was gone after just a few months of taking constitutional remedies prescribed by the doctor. Common ailments like headaches and fever are also quickly and safely resolved. Her expertise in homeopathy has also made us confident that we would achieve our health goals in no time.

April 24th, 2017
Can't imagine anyone better.
I knew nothing about homeopathic medicine, but my wife was familiar with it. All I know is I've had ecxema for years and now I don't. Still hard for me to believe. Wish I would have known about Dr. Elmaleh years ago

July 22nd, 2016
After struggling for most of my life with digestive issues, IBS, depression and fatigue, I came to Dr. Elmaleh in 2002. I sought out homeopathy as an alternative and/or compliment to conventional western medicine because I was not getting answers or relief from my symptoms. I’ve been seeing Dr. Elmaleh for 14 years. She evaluates you as a whole person by considering your physical as well as emotional state when prescribing remedies. She is compassionate, caring and dedicated to her patients. Through homeopathy, she is the only physician who has helped manage my symptoms and resolve my health issues. After having my son in 2010, I started bringing him to her as well regarding his health and general wellness. I firmly believe that under Dr. Elmaleh’s care, my body has been able to heal itself, and I am a happier and healthier person.

May 10th, 2016
Excellent practitioner
Dr. Elmaleh has been treating my 2 children and myself for the past 5 years. She is holistic, brilliant and keeps us healthy.

May 9th, 2016
I first began seeing Dr. Elmaleh due to respiratory issues (bronchial asthma) and menopausal symptoms that included heart arrhythmias, digestive problems, mood swings, etc. Dr. Elmaleh is extremely knowledgeable in selecting the right remedies; and in my case was able to bring my body into balance almost immediately. I have not had an asthma attack in over 18 years. She is also extremely caring and compassionate and at times has gone out of her way to help me.

May 2nd, 2016
I've known Dr. Elmaleh since the beginning of her practice--many years ago. My continuing experience has been so excellent, that I've referred all my friends, family members and my own psychotherapy patients to her.

April 30th, 2016
Excellent Doctor, both homeopathic and western
Dr Elmaleh is truly excellent - old fashioned in her approach in terms of taking lots of time and being personally involved and caring - and very up to the moment in terms of knowledge and research. She has helped me with numerous issues including menopausal and allergic. Her staff is very helpful and friendly and the office is clean and honey. I would recommend her to anyone with niggling issues not solved by traditional medicine and anyone seeking relief for chronic conditions.

February 18th, 2016
I've been seeing Dr. Elmaleh since early 2012 now (4 years). She has helped me through fertility issues, insomnia, anxiety, immune system support and now I take both of my babies to her (a toddler and a baby.) She keeps them healthy, healthier than most of their peers from what I can tell. They get sick, of course they do, but their illnesses are mild, fevers are few and low, and my 2yo son has not needed antibiotics once yet in his life. Most notable for me was Dr. E's assistance throughout my pregnancies. My OB wanted to induce 4 days past my due date. As I was striving for a natural childbirth, I knew induction would derail my goals. Dr. E started preparing my body and the baby for a timely delivery about a month before my due date. As the date approached, I got nervous. She prescribed some more potent remedies, and I went into labor the very next day, continuously taking the remedies during labor. My first labor took only 8 hours, and I had an incredible natural experience. Similar situation with my 2nd pregnancy, so "coincidence" sort of went out the window there. Both babies delivered ON their due dates! Pretty cool. She's also great about referrals to other practitioners including acupuncturists, fertility doctors, osteopaths, specialists for children, etc. It's expensive, hard to get an appointment if you're a new patient (get on the waitlist for a cancellation!), and for me, out of the way, but I keep going because I trust her with the health of my children.

November 17th, 2015
I've been seeing Dr. Elmaleh for almost 20 years. Actually, I've lost count. I had been looking for a homeopathic MD who prescribed remedies the way the French do and not the Americans. American homeopaths favor choosing just one remedy. It can take months and many tries before you get the right one, if you ever do, while you continue to suffer. When I lived in France, the homeopaths there prescribed several different remedies in combination; the pharmacists would mix them into a single cordial. This was much more effective. Dr. Elmaleh (who is from France) subscribes to this method, although she has to prescribe the remedies in separate tubes because American pharmacists are clueless about homeopathy. So sometimes I have to carry as many as 12 tubes when I travel. Obviously I would not have been going to her for so long if her prescriptions were not effective. In addition (though sometimes the wait is long) she spends at least an hour with each patient, you could not ask for more. She can also examine you, order tests, the same as a primary doctor, and even write prescriptions for standard medication if she feels it's more appropriate than homeopathy. She is up on the latest European remedies and compounds, and can advise you how to get them. Can you tell I love her? I have to add that she is expensive, but that's because she spends so much time with you.

November 5th, 2015
Dr. Elmaleh is a superb doctor. She is not only an excellent physician, she is an empathic human being, as well as a brilliant out-of-the-box medical and more thinker and exceptional diagnostician and caretaker.