Psychiatrists

665 Emory Valley Rd
# B
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
865-483-5070
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  The best  |  show details
by Rhonda C. on Feb 21st, 2013

I have seen several Psychiatrist over the years and have found none as kind and caring as Dr. Halperin. She is very informative and great with perscribing medication. I highly recommend her.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

I really REALLY like Dr. Halperin. I've seen her for a few years now, and she has always been pleasant, dealt with my needs, and when I have needed her, she has called me back as soon as she has a chance (always that same day). She is always able to work with appointment times. I would highly reccommend her to people that I think could benefit from her help.

|  Shockingly unprofessional  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Halperin by a colleague of hers who had treated me in the past for monthly med refill visits. In an April 2012 email, she said that she could not take me until summer and referred me to her nurse practicioner, Margaret Mihalczo for immediate help. I arrived for my appointment with Margaret only to learn that she had not shown up. I was instructed to phone her at home and she finally arrived an hour late. During our appointment, she questioned me at length about previous drug usage and I admitted that I had smoked pot in the past but assured her that I do not take illegal drugs. She refused to prescribe my medication refills until she spoke with my mother (I am 29). I was so shocked by this that I immediately phoned my mother, who phoned Margaret right away. Even after speaking with my mother, Margaret still refused to prescribe my medication, stating that she was "getting out of the business of prescribing medication in August." Neither I nor my mother had ever experienced such a lack of professionalism. Since we had found it impossible to get through to Rebecca Halperin by phone, we immediately went to her office to speak with her personally. We waited over an hour to explain the situation to her and ask for her assistance. Rebecca Halperin hedged about treating me at all when she learned that she would have to join the medical registry to prescribe my medication. This was the first time I had ever experienced a psychiatric medical professional refusing to become certified to prescribe psychiatric medication. She defended Margaret's shockingly unprofessional and unstable behaviour and refused to treat me because it was "too much trouble to join the registry."

|  show details
Mar 6th, 2011

Dr. H. is very caring and kind. She takes time with the patient to find the best meds available.

|  show details
Jan 24th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Fantastic doctor. Worth the wait for initial appt. After first appt you get appts easily. She's wonderful.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com