Internists, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Palisades
GWU-MFA Hematology/Oncology Dept
5215 Loughboro Rd NW
Ste 210
Washington, DC 20016
202-364-6312
Locations and availability (3)

|  Great office, lousy oncologist  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2010

I saw Dr. Kaltman when she was still at the Center for Breast Health with Dr. Hendricks. My experience with the practice has been very positive - I almost never wait, and they are very organized. However, my experience with Dr. Kaltman was very negative. I am a young breast cancer survivor, and I went to Dr. Kaltman with an enlarged supraclavicular lymph node. She felt it, said I was probably just fighting a cold, and didn't even note it in my chart. I called two months later after having respiratory symptoms, and was told rather brusquely to follow up with my primary care provider. It turns out, of course, that the cancer had spread to my lungs and lymph nodes, including the supraclavicular node that I had felt two months before.

|  The best I have seen in a ling time  |  show details
by Happy Patient on Jul 29th, 2009

I met Dr. Kaltman today. Right away I noted that she is a very kind person and knowledgeable doctor. I have seen many doctors, and I just know when I am dealing with a good doctor and when I am not. Dr. Rebecca Kaltman is one of those doctors who has vocation and is in the right profession. I am so happy I was referred to her. I wish there were more people like her going into the medical field. God bless her!

|  show details
by Carrie on May 12th, 2009

Dr. Kaltman is very understanding . She talks to you and explains everything that is going on with your cancer. She is relaxed and not hurried. She spends as much time as needed to get your questions and concerns addressed.

|  1st visit, 1st impression great  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2008

Dr. Kaltman spent a lot of time with me, explaining my situation and what options I have. She has also been available since then with other questions I had. Seems very knowledgable, and caring too.