Dr. Rebecca Kelso MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology San Antonio, TX

September 18th, 2015
I' got great things to say about Dr. Kelso. I appreciate her professionalism and thorough diagnosis.

April 21st, 2015
She is the best. She truly cares about her patients.

January 21st, 2015
Best by far
Dr. called with lab results. Excellent experience. First Dermotologist to suggest lab work re rash. I've been to five in Bexar County and she is the best by far. Would highly recommend.

June 25th, 2014
great doctor and staff
From start to finish I had a great experience. I have never waited more than 5 minutes in the waiting room, which is pretty unheard of for a doctor's office. Dr Kelso really impressed me with her medical knowledge and compassion. My first visit I went in with a mile long list of concerns (I hadn't been to the Dermatologist in quite some time!) and she really took the time to address each one thoroughly and spoke to me in a way that I could understand, without using to much medical jargon. I never felt rushed or like she had somewhere else to be, she really focused on me while I was there. She even took the time to cut chat with me about my personal life. I was equally impressed with the staff, I have never met such a nice bunch of people. I had forgotten to ask some questions (maybe more like 10!) at my visit and get nurse Claire called me back right away and really took the time to answer all of them over the phone, she was very knowledgeable. It is safe to say that this office had pampered me so much that I will never go to another dermatologist. This is a five star office!

June 5th, 2014
found my cancer
I have been going to Dr. Kelso for several years for routine visits and really liked her and the office experience. On one visit that I came in for something completely different, Dr. Kelso saw a tiny spot on my arm (the size of the head of a pin). I just thought it was a dark freckle. Turns out it was melanoma and was active. She was kind, compassionate, and caring through the entire episode. She even gave me her personal number in case I had questions. The one time I did call, she called back right away and was very helpful. After surgery, etc. I have been to see her every three months for check ups. She is always friendly and caring. I have every confidence in her and she very well may have saved my life.

June 14th, 2012
They advertise "same day appointments" all over their website, but when I call to make an appointment, they tell me they're more than a month out on appointments. And also didn't even bother to ask what I was coming in for. Why advertise something if you can't follow through? Very disappointed.
Doctor's Response

We do have same day appointments! Please call today and check. Summer months are tough because it is the busy season for dermatology. Sometimes availability is limited but we always reserve a few appointments each day. The folks who call right at 8:00 am normally snap them up. Also, if someone is not feeling well, you can always speak to the nurse. We have a very patient friendly office.

February 24th, 2012
Most compassionate doctor I have ever had.
I never rate or review doctors, but my experience was so great, I just had to share. She was so kind and compassionate, I could tell that she really cared. Also, she figured out what was wrong right away. I think she must be really brillant!!

May 3rd, 2011
Very Smart Doctor
Dr. Kelso is very smart, quick and efficient. Her office is very nice and her staff is very capable. The small feel of this office is refreshing because you drive up, take 10 steps and you are there. There is something reassuring about asking questions and getting solid and easy to understand explanations. I have to say Dr. Kelso figured out my condition quickly which 5 other doctors failed to figure out.

April 28th, 2011
Great Doctor
Great Doctor!! Great Staff!! Great office and would recommend my family and friends to see her!

April 25th, 2011
Friendly Staff, Doctor great with kids
The staff was all friendly, from scheduling my appointment to the nurse and Dr. Kelso. She was so patient and caring with my daughter, who was frightened about having a procedure done. She took extra time to make sure that my daughter and I knew exactly what was going to be done before she started and really made us feel comfortable. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a knowledgable, caring dermatologist.

April 16th, 2011
Very Blunt and unfreindly
To be it was like she was having a bad day and just wanted to get the visit over with. Horrible experience.
Doctor's Response

Physicians and nurses are human. Like everyone, they can have bad days. There is not enough information to investigate this comment. However, the office is a pretty upbeat place.

March 21st, 2011
Uncompassionate
Sat across the room, wanted to write out a prescription and leave. PA did her job before walking in the room. Showed absolutely no compassion. PA was extremely unfriendly and did not care. She did not want to discuss different options for treatment. She said she sees it all the time and this is the only way she would treat the condition, although other options were there. Very argumentative. I would not recommend her to anyone. No one should see a doctor who "knows it all" and doesn't care about their patients.
Doctor's Response

Hope you got the help you were looking for! Sometimes the doctor and the patient don't see eye to eye. In my experience being frank and direct is very important. Some treatments don't work no matter how much the patient wishes the treatment would be successful. I always recommend patients get a second opinion.