Dr. Rebecca Lu, MD
Dermatologist (skin), Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Amazing Team!! show details Amazing Team!!
by Ivonne B. on Aug 27th, 2015

Everyone from the receptionist, Natalia, Nurse and Dr. Lu all made me feel at ease and everyone was warm and welcoming. I would recommend Elite SkinMD to anyone. Great customer service oriented staff, hands down.” Dr. Lu took her time, explained exerything in a language i could understand, she kept me informed and made sure i was comfortable during my initial procedure. I feel confident in her in her ability as a Doctor even after only one visit. I have a few more appointments coming up and I'm not nervous about them at all.

Excellent dermatologist! show details Excellent dermatologist!
by AS on Aug 24th, 2015

Couldn't be happier with appointment. The entire staff was friendly and the office is beautiful. I've never had any doctor listen to me like Dr. Lu. I'm very happy with the treatment she recommended. I bought a package of creams from her office and I already see a difference!

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by S. Z. on Aug 10th, 2015 on doctor.com

I always have a great experience with Dr. Lu. She is timely, super energetic, and answers all of my questions. I live about an hour away and but she i ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Dr Lu is compassionate professional and great with diagnosing me. show details Dr Lu is compassionate professional and great with diagnosing me.
by Elizabeth T. on Jul 21st, 2015 on doctor.com

I wouldn't go to any other doctor. She makes me feel comfortable and I never feel nervous with her.

I Would Highly Recommend Dr. Lu show details I Would Highly Recommend Dr. Lu
by Carol C. on Jul 1st, 2015 on doctor.com

I would highly recommend Dr. Lu as she is very thorough.

Excelent MOHS Surgery show details Excelent MOHS Surgery
by G. C. on Jul 1st, 2015 on doctor.com

Take her time with you to hear your concerns, very caring and professional!

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Always a pleasure show details Always a pleasure
by GG on Jun 26th, 2015

As usual, another great visit with Dr. Lu. As much as is possible with a doctor visit, my visits with her are always a pleasure. My entire neighborhood comes to see her and we all love her. She took off a cancer spot under my eye a few years ago and you could never tell. I'm just happy I'm cancer-free.

Great Derm! show details Great Derm!
by Suzanne C. on Jun 26th, 2015 on doctor.com

Dr. Lu was so generous with her time, really made me feel comfortable, she was very knowledgeable I wouldn't trust my skin with anyone else!

Read Full Review at doctor.com
great appt show details great appt
by JM on Jun 10th, 2015

I cannot say enough nice things about my recent appointments with Dr. Lu. She has a great beside manner and really made me feel comfortable. She instantly saw something suspicious on my arm that I never even knew was there. I just had the surgery to remove it and will definitely be back to see her.

Love her! show details Love her!
Jun 10th, 2015

I absolutely love Dr Lu. She saw me for an emergency (I was a new patient) and fit me into her busy schedule. She was very knowledgable, and she made me feel so comfortable. She even called me twice afterwards to follow-up and to be sure my condition was improving. It's rare to find a doctor like this. I'm lucky to heave found her!

Jun 10th, 2015

Really knowledgeable ane nice. Tried to make me feel comfortable. Very thorough in exam.

Dr. Lu is the BEST! show details Dr. Lu is the BEST!
May 30th, 2015

Dr. Lu is the BEST! Knowledgeable, friendly, caring, etc. I highly recommend her! She cleared up my acne and she filled in my acne scars with juvaderm - it looks really good now

May 28th, 2015

Dr. Lu has been my dermatologist for 5 years. I have many doctors and she is actually my favorite doctor. She has diagnosed 3 skin cancers on my face and 2 more on my body. She treated me with Mohs surgery and you could never tell anything was ever done. I am so thankful I found her.

Apr 11th, 2015

Never talked to my 11 year old during mole removal. Prescribed med my daughter was allergic to. Never gave us bioposy results at followup appointment. Old bridge office very dirty.

Dr. Lu saved my life show details Dr. Lu saved my life
Jan 22nd, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Lu for 3 years now. I went to see her for a cyst on my head 3 years ago and she asked if she could also look at my back for any skin cancer. She found a suspicious mole on my shoulder that I never knew was there and it turned out to be a melanoma. Fortunately she caught it in time. My lymph nodes were negative and I didn't need any chemo. I have 2 young children and I can't imagine what would've happened if I had not gone to see her that day. I have been seeing her every 6 months and luckily nothing has come back.

Doctor's Office Cancelled at the Last Minute show details Doctor's Office Cancelled at the Last Minute
Oct 29th, 2013

Dr.'s office just called and cancelled my appointment at the last minute. The appointment was made about 3 weeks ago for 5:30 pm because I work in NYC. Apparently, the doctor refuses to see patients after 5:00pm -- either her patients don't work from 9:am to 5:pm or she honestly believes that her new patients must work their schedules around her. Dr. Lu seems to have a God complex.

Nov 16th, 2012

I came to see Dr Lu for a skin cancer screening because I have a family history of skin cancer. She found a precancerous mole and removed it. I was really nervous but she made me feel comfortable. The scar looks great and you can hardly see it now! I would recommend her.

Feb 21st, 2012

I had basil skin cancer on my face. Dr Lu performed Mohs surgery on my face! The surgery was painless and her stitches were excellent (leaving virtually no scar). I would highly recommend this Doctor!

pilar cyst show details pilar cyst
by stephen lonergan on Dec 25th, 2011

i cannot say enough about her manner. she was professional yet friendly with a sense of humor. she was up front aboutpossible less than ideal outcomes(scarring, bald spot, etc.). the resultsafter a year are very satisfactory in my opinion. she underpromised and overdelivered. i recommend her to anyone with a dermatology concern.

I will never go back show details I will never go back
Oct 30th, 2011

The overall experience COULD and SHOULD have been A LOT better. It started with the reception area. They looked so miserable there that it looked like they were mourning. Plus it took a month for me to get an appointment. I usually don't mind waiting to be called in (which took 20 minutes), but when the Dr. Rebecca Lu saw me it was literally for less than 5 minutes! She was talking so fast I had no idea what she said. I don't think she even heard what I said because she would start answering before I finished my sentence. When I asked her questions, she seemed annoyed because I was asking. The only reason why I even asked questions was because she contradicted what she said. She told me to use a medication and not to use it with any other. I mentioned one I was already using and if I should continue to use it and she said I could use it with the prescription she was giving me. I looked at her like she was stupid. During my less than 5 minute exam, some random lady walked in and stayed in the room. Neither the Dr. or the lady introduced herself. She just stood there. Despite all the degrees that were posted in the exam room, it means nothing because her bedside manner is horrible. I would never go there again and recommend for you to not even bother. She did not help me.

Apr 12th, 2011

I've had other dermatologists in the past, but due to a change in insurance plans I was forced to find a new one. After calling several dermatologists who didn't have openings for at least 2 weeks, next on my list was Dr. Lu and luckily had an opening due to a recent cancellation. I visited Dr. Lu today at the Teaneck, NJ location which was conveniently only a few miles from my home. I arrived perfectly on time and was surprised by the size of the waiting room (quite large) and the amount of patients waiting. After filling out the new patient paperwork I waited for my name to be called. It took roughly 20 minutes to get to get an available room and waited an additional 10 minutes to meet with Dr. Lu. Dr. Lu diagnosed my problem immediately and was quite informative on all matters pertaining to the condition. Keep in mind I only met with the doctor for under 3 minutes which was extremely brief. She gave me a script and escorted me out. I'm fast paced so it was nice being in and out.Overall I enjoyed the visit and will be going back. The only negative aspect of the experience was it almost felt as if they were trying to filter as many patients in and out as possible. In that 20 minute wait I saw at least 8 patients go in and out before I was called. I know it's busy practice, but I like to form a relationship with my doctors which this location significantly lacked. As for the other comments on this page I really have no idea what they're talking about. Just sounds like a bunch of cranky people.

Does not care which results in the wrong diagnosis! show details Does not care which results in the wrong diagnosis!
Apr 4th, 2011

Dr Rebecca Lu has the worst bedside manners that I have ever experienced with any doctor in all my life. She is then gives the wrong diagnosis and in addition the pharmacy had to call the office to verify her presciption. Then when I tried to follow-up with her, as my problem got worst she was downright unprofessional and rude simply brushed me off. My condition has not improved, rather its worst and I am left to go find a compentent and caring doctor who will accurately treat my problem. She should have never been paid for this visit. Do not go to this doctor! She is now at the Old Bridge location.

Don't visit show details Don't visit
by Ash on Mar 15th, 2011

I had to wait for 30 minutes and she spent only 55 seconds to diagnose. She prescribed the same medicine which I found online while doing some research about my acne & hyper pigmentation. Don't visit her.

Barry Bilinkas show details Barry Bilinkas
Nov 16th, 2010

Dr. Lu was with Affiliated but completed her intership and moved on. She was the only doctor that diagnosed the problem and Affliated stated they were not sure of her location, but just found it on the computer. I will be calling for an appointment as soon as I complete this.