Apr 11th, 2015

Never talked to my 11 year old during mole removal. Prescribed med my daughter was allergic to. Never gave us bioposy results at followup appointment. Old bridge office very dirty.

Dr. Lu saved my life show details Dr. Lu saved my life
Jan 22nd, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Lu for 3 years now. I went to see her for a cyst on my head 3 years ago and she asked if she could also look at my back for any skin cancer. She found a suspicious mole on my shoulder that I never knew was there and it turned out to be a melanoma. Fortunately she caught it in time. My lymph nodes were negative and I didn't need any chemo. I have 2 young children and I can't imagine what would've happened if I had not gone to see her that day. I have been seeing her every 6 months and luckily nothing has come back.

Doctor's Office Cancelled at the Last Minute show details Doctor's Office Cancelled at the Last Minute
Oct 29th, 2013

Dr.'s office just called and cancelled my appointment at the last minute. The appointment was made about 3 weeks ago for 5:30 pm because I work in NYC. Apparently, the doctor refuses to see patients after 5:00pm -- either her patients don't work from 9:am to 5:pm or she honestly believes that her new patients must work their schedules around her. Dr. Lu seems to have a God complex.

Nov 16th, 2012

I came to see Dr Lu for a skin cancer screening because I have a family history of skin cancer. She found a precancerous mole and removed it. I was really nervous but she made me feel comfortable. The scar looks great and you can hardly see it now! I would recommend her.

Feb 21st, 2012

I had basil skin cancer on my face. Dr Lu performed Mohs surgery on my face! The surgery was painless and her stitches were excellent (leaving virtually no scar). I would highly recommend this Doctor!

pilar cyst show details pilar cyst
by stephen lonergan on Dec 25th, 2011

i cannot say enough about her manner. she was professional yet friendly with a sense of humor. she was up front aboutpossible less than ideal outcomes(scarring, bald spot, etc.). the resultsafter a year are very satisfactory in my opinion. she underpromised and overdelivered. i recommend her to anyone with a dermatology concern.

I will never go back show details I will never go back
Oct 30th, 2011

The overall experience COULD and SHOULD have been A LOT better. It started with the reception area. They looked so miserable there that it looked like they were mourning. Plus it took a month for me to get an appointment. I usually don't mind waiting to be called in (which took 20 minutes), but when the Dr. Rebecca Lu saw me it was literally for less than 5 minutes! She was talking so fast I had no idea what she said. I don't think she even heard what I said because she would start answering before I finished my sentence. When I asked her questions, she seemed annoyed because I was asking. The only reason why I even asked questions was because she contradicted what she said. She told me to use a medication and not to use it with any other. I mentioned one I was already using and if I should continue to use it and she said I could use it with the prescription she was giving me. I looked at her like she was stupid. During my less than 5 minute exam, some random lady walked in and stayed in the room. Neither the Dr. or the lady introduced herself. She just stood there. Despite all the degrees that were posted in the exam room, it means nothing because her bedside manner is horrible. I would never go there again and recommend for you to not even bother. She did not help me.

Apr 12th, 2011

I've had other dermatologists in the past, but due to a change in insurance plans I was forced to find a new one. After calling several dermatologists who didn't have openings for at least 2 weeks, next on my list was Dr. Lu and luckily had an opening due to a recent cancellation. I visited Dr. Lu today at the Teaneck, NJ location which was conveniently only a few miles from my home. I arrived perfectly on time and was surprised by the size of the waiting room (quite large) and the amount of patients waiting. After filling out the new patient paperwork I waited for my name to be called. It took roughly 20 minutes to get to get an available room and waited an additional 10 minutes to meet with Dr. Lu. Dr. Lu diagnosed my problem immediately and was quite informative on all matters pertaining to the condition. Keep in mind I only met with the doctor for under 3 minutes which was extremely brief. She gave me a script and escorted me out. I'm fast paced so it was nice being in and out.Overall I enjoyed the visit and will be going back. The only negative aspect of the experience was it almost felt as if they were trying to filter as many patients in and out as possible. In that 20 minute wait I saw at least 8 patients go in and out before I was called. I know it's busy practice, but I like to form a relationship with my doctors which this location significantly lacked. As for the other comments on this page I really have no idea what they're talking about. Just sounds like a bunch of cranky people.

Does not care which results in the wrong diagnosis! show details Does not care which results in the wrong diagnosis!
Apr 4th, 2011

Dr Rebecca Lu has the worst bedside manners that I have ever experienced with any doctor in all my life. She is then gives the wrong diagnosis and in addition the pharmacy had to call the office to verify her presciption. Then when I tried to follow-up with her, as my problem got worst she was downright unprofessional and rude simply brushed me off. My condition has not improved, rather its worst and I am left to go find a compentent and caring doctor who will accurately treat my problem. She should have never been paid for this visit. Do not go to this doctor! She is now at the Old Bridge location.

Don't visit show details Don't visit
by Ash on Mar 15th, 2011

I had to wait for 30 minutes and she spent only 55 seconds to diagnose. She prescribed the same medicine which I found online while doing some research about my acne & hyper pigmentation. Don't visit her.

Barry Bilinkas show details Barry Bilinkas
Nov 16th, 2010

Dr. Lu was with Affiliated but completed her intership and moved on. She was the only doctor that diagnosed the problem and Affliated stated they were not sure of her location, but just found it on the computer. I will be calling for an appointment as soon as I complete this.