Rebecca Mardach-Verdon MD Patient Reviews

2.7
  • 2 reviews

January 14th, 2015
My child has been under Dr Mardach's treatment for several years already. Unfortunately, this has been due to my insistence and prompt follow through on my child's condition, for her obligation to sign off a refill on medication, and also by luck . She is not easy to communicate unfortunately, and gives contradictory information. Perhaps sometimes too clinical that it's not easy to follow. Sometimes I feel like she's discussing the issue with me to come to a solution while she's talking to me (as if she's talking to another professional, etc-it feels weird). I found out two years later, that some lab test results were inaccurate, and they need to repeat the tests-and she diagnosed based on these test results two years a go, and she just saw they were inaccurate? Her office staff is really nice, and if it wasn't for them, I would probably be driving down to other areas to have additional consultation or second opinion. I heard she is the only specialist in greater LA area in this field, which is disappointing. I am however after latest experience, considering seeing another specialist, even if in other areas as far as San Francisco, if needed. She is probably a very experienced and respected clinician, however, she needs to be a little more clear on her communication skills with her patients, and she should pay more attention to details, such as test results. I have also experienced -as other patients mentioned-the dismissal, especially when you start asking too many questions. Through my insistence, she agreed to prescribe necessary supplements in the beginning, however, she does not feel additional ongoing tests/check ups are necessary for my child's condition. It all comes piece by piece, after our insistence. And unfortunately, I do not feel confident the answers she gives me, due to her confusing style to communicate. When I leave her office, I do not feel at ease, I feel even more confused, and I still do not know what exactly to think about, nor what our condition is. Even though she looks friendly, she can turn distant and confuse you very easily-especially if you ask too many questions. Unfortunately, it's one of those situations that you have to learn to live with, since she's the only option. I honestly feel more confident discussion our situation with her RN assistant, rather than speaking with her. She is more explanatory and clear than Dr Mardach. They are great at follow through and making appointments also. Wait is usually very minimal in their office as well.

November 10th, 2013
Disappointing
I was extremely disappointed with Dr. Mardach, my son has had ongoing medical issues wince birth and when we went in to see her, she gave us so much hope. She led us to believe that she had a good idea of what was going on and that it may take many rounds of testing to confirm, and after the first round, even though it was abnormal, her tune completely changed, we were done, nothing else to look at. He was fine and needed no more testing. No explanation, no answers nothing. We were crushed. I could not recommend her to anyone!!