Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 9th, 2016

Only thing I would change is the availability of on-line portal, it is a clumsy system, not that user friendly.

Mar 3rd, 2016

I have gone to her for diabetes issues. She spends the entire time on her computer....has not examined me for years...gives me no information...sends me a one sentence letter and does not follow through. I find her very arrogant and flip about life and death issues...no empathy whatsoever. I make my decisions based on information, and I am not getting any. I will not recommend her. I have suffered more ageism there than anywhere else in my life. I assume that the patients who had good experiences with her are more her age.

Not recommended... show details Not recommended...
Feb 8th, 2016

I've been going to Dr. Mattison for a few years now. I am not one to complain about anyone. After my last appointment, I feel like I've had enough! I have never met a doctor who makes you feel so awful about yourself!! I was in tears right as I stepped out the door. She is arrogant, belittling & insensitive. I would have to 100% agree with some of the previous reviews I have read on here. She needs to get over herself & maybe learn how to treat people in a more respectful way. I will be switching to a different Doctor.

May 27th, 2015

She's very no-nonsense, which I like. She's always willing to talk with me, consider my concerns. She also isn't put off by me asking her about research that I've done online or medicines that others have taken.

by Karen on Feb 13th, 2014

I had been a patient of this clinic for many years for low thyroid. I had unfortunately had a miscarriage and my ObGyn had sent me for a follow up there for a level check (which was normal). She was an hour late, no apology for being late. Then asked why I was there. I told her that I had recently miscarried. She proceeded to tell me that "next time, if there was a next time, to come earlier in the pregnancy so that this could be avoided this in the future." I was in tears that she was so insensitive to me to say that this was in any way MY fault. I was devastated. Wrote a letter to the clinic outlining in detail my terrible experience that day. I received no response. And I have not been back since. Physicians words and actions are powerful, this is still upsetting to me to this day.

Horrible show details Horrible
May 24th, 2013

Dr. Mattison was very rude and belittling. She told me that if my hormones are unbalanced there is nothing she can do for me and didn't understand why I was even there. She made me feel like I did something wrong by making an appointment with her. She was rude, unhelpful, and arrogant.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
May 24th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Mattison. A friend recommended her to me after I had a horrible experience with another endrocrinologist. I immediately switched to her after our first appointment. Her bed side manner was amazing. She was not only informative, but listened and answered all my questions. She made me feel at ease and never talked down to me.

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by Jay on May 21st, 2010

I saw her for an ongoing hormone (Treatment) issue. I was impressed with the time she spent with me. The quickness of seeing her (I didn't have time to sit down in the waiting room! - a first with any doctor) Her bedside manner should have special mention for the "chicken" male patients who are freaked out about seeing a doctor. I thought she was brilliant in her knowledge of various reasons for my problems *some I had no clue about and I really did try to do my homework before seeing her. She is direct and I had no problems trying to guess what she was trying to tell me. I would suggest her to anyone who needs an expert in Endocrinology.I rated her as "moderate" in ease of getting an appointment only because she really does seem busy which I think reflects the number of patients that would like her to help them.

100% positive experience show details 100% positive experience
Dec 23rd, 2008

I have had two appointments with Dr. Mattison since I was diagnosed with diabetes. My experiences were 100% positive. She spent over an hour with me each time - listening to my concerns, advising me of my options, and responding to my questions. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Mattison.

Great doctor; professional, spent an appropriate amount of time show details Great doctor; professional, spent an appropriate amount of time
by Erin on Dec 11th, 2008

I completely disagree with the comments of the previous reviewer. My experience with Dr. Mattison was very positive. I switched to her from a another endocrine dr. in the twin cities and think that Dr. Mattison was far superior all around. She spent a good amount of time with me, was prompt and professional. I would highly recommend her if you're looking for an endocrine doctor.

Possibly the most arrogant, uncaring physician I have seen, ever! show details Possibly the most arrogant, uncaring physician I have seen, ever!
by Yvette in Minnesota on Oct 14th, 2008

This physician kept me waiting 1 hours in an exam room. She did not acknowledge that I had waited that long & acted as though she was much smarter & much more important than I. I could go into more detail about how insensitive and uncaring she was about my problem, but would take too much space. Suffice it to say that last week, a physicians asst. in my family practice clinic told me she had not personally met Mattison (I will not honor her by calling her "Dr.") but had heard nothing but dissatisfaction and negative comments about her, even though Mattison works for a respected clinic. In my opinion, this woman - Mattison - is cold, uncaring, arrogant and incompetent (because her lack of interest in patients keeps her from helping them recover). This is one horrible person, in my opinion.