inactive

Rebecca Preston MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

April 14th, 2014
Excellent Physician!
Dr. Rebecca Preston is a very smart, knowledgeable & professional. She has excellent bedside skills!!! Her staff is also good but very busy. Sometimes it can create a bad public image. Coming from another healthcare provider, I personally feel that her staff is there sincerely to serve. I will surely recommend them. .

June 10th, 2013
Doctor is great, staff is awful
The staff in this office has steadily gone down hill in the past 3-5 years. Always rude, unwillinging to give the doctor messages. I have called numerous times in the past 3 months and asked to speak with the doctor, they take my number down and then I never hear back. All they seem to care about now is the money, dispite the fact that I have been a patient for 14 years. I used to drive from Montgomery, IL to see her because she was that good and I liked her that much. I even considered staying on as a patient when I moved to Schaumburg but having to deal with her staff is just not worth it.

April 3rd, 2013
Dropped the Ball
My mom was a smoker from her early 20's to her 60's. I'm sure she smoked a half pack or more in her 20's and 30's. I know she cut down on her smoking in her 40's and for the last 20 years smoked 1-3/cigs a day. Last spring she started to cough and had chest pains. She visited Dr. Preston 2 times over the course of 2 months and her symptoms were getting worse. Finally, after 3 1/2 months of pain in her chest and coughing the doctor ordered a cat scan which OBVIOUSLY saw cancer in her lung. It was stage 4. I'm not a doctor but if a patient of mine smoked all her life and was elderly and complained of a chess pain with a persistent cough, I wouldn't wait 3 1/2 months to order a cat scan! Maybe it's time to hang up the coat Dr. Preston.

October 31st, 2012
Doctor is fantastic. Unfortuantely her staff is terrible!
Doctor is great. Staff is rude, always tells you doctor has no time to see you, is rude on the phone, looses medical tests, etc. I feel sorry for the doctor!

October 31st, 2012
Been going here for 25 years! Last time I called I couldn't breath. was told she was too busy to see me, but if I wanted to wait for HOURS I could come by at 10:30 am on the off chance she would squeeze me in. The nurse instead suggested I stay home and take some mucinex and pain reliever. Said Dr. was too busy to set an actualappointment for me. I instead took day off work and stayed home to sleep. That next weekend received bill in mail for $25 for missed appointment! I didn't have an appointment! and her office told me i should just stay home and take over-the-counter medicine. this is not the first time i have been treated poorly there4. 2 years ago they lost my blood test when i had mono. I had to come in and re-take. Also, when my daughter was young and having asthma attack, office told me they were too busy to see her. Worse yet, when my EX-HUSBAND from 30 years ago recently missed a payment to them, they called ME on my cell phone and asked me if I would pay for it. HOW INAPPROPRIATE AND UNPROFESSIONAL!