Obstetricians & Gynecologists

2525 Eye St # 110
Bakersfield, CA 93301
661-637-0137
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Worst doctor ever  |  show details
May 5th, 2014

Dr. Rivera was the worst doctor ever. I met her till the last month of pregnancy! She was so rude when me and my boyfriend were waitung for her in the room telling us that we should save whatever we were doing till we got home! We werent even doing anything. And to make it worse she was the one who delivered my baby and kick both my mom and my boyfriend out! So he didnt get to experiences our baby being born. She robbed us from a beautiful experience!

Feb 15th, 2013

Dr. Rivera has been my ob-gyn for the past 10 years and she delivered my daughter and my niece's and nephews through out the years. I have always received excellent care from her and it's not fair for angry psychotic patients to have a right to write a bad review about her. I guarantee this patients would never take the time to write all the good things she has done for them or the extra time she has spent listening to them. I work in the medical field myself so I have more knowledge about waiting periods and understand when emergencies happen there is nothing we can do. Patient's are very ignorant nowadays and don't understand how hard some doctors work to provide good health care. Dr. Rivera and Dr. Lopez are one of the few good doctor's still here in town who care for the patient's and provide excellent care. All I want to say to there office staff is to keep up the good work.

Nov 27th, 2012

im 36 weeks pregnant, I've been seeing Dr. Rivera for my paps, and my pregnancy. ive seen her twice through out my visits at the facility. shes always in a rush, has no idea what had been going on with me and got the impression she can care less to know as long as the nurse practitioner took care of everythhing... not once asked me what had been going on with me during the time i wasnt able to see her... she diagnosed me with gestational diabetes, and dropped me as her patient to see a specialist... not letting me know ahead of time to find another Dr. i was not pleased with her care and "concern" for my well being nor my childs!!

Jun 6th, 2012

I love her. She's very easy to talk to and makes you feel comfortable

|  Never use this doctor!!!!  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

This Doctor is the Worst person I've ever came across. She comes in the room being rude right off the back. She then tells me and my wife she won't do surgery on her because we don't have insurance. Being professional as i can be while seeing my wife in pain; i tell her I'll get money my wife needs surgery. The ER doctor told us that my wife needs surgery but he wants a female doctor to do the surgery since its next to her overies. She then tells me not to get mad because I can't take care of my wife. I then asked for a new doctor and she gets in an argument with me. Now I get a bill from her for $428 for her being rude and telling me she won't due surgery. Thank god my wife got the surgery from another doctor because it was really her fallipoan tube and it was about to burst inside her. Please never use this doctor. I beg anyone who sees this; don't use this doctor. The nurses even told us she is a devil of the doctors.The patient advocate from Bakersfield memorial won't even return my calls about this doctor.

Nov 11th, 2011

SHE SIMPLE DOESN'T CARE..BECAREFUL WITH DIANOSING...BABIES DON'T HAVE A HEARBEAT AND SHE DON'T CARE TO DO AN UNLTRSOUND AND WEEKS LATER THEIR WERE DIE.

Jul 19th, 2011

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!1

|  ok  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

Well the waiting time is ridicules one time I waited more than 3 hrs & the Dr only took 5 min to check me u can tell she was in a rush I could ask all the ? I had ... The staff was ok but theu always taking about people not very profecianal... I will not recommend this dr.

Doctor's Response

Waiting times can excess particularly in our Medi-Cal office. We have a large proportion of high risk patients that require more time. We make every effort to address reasonable questions. The staff are hard-working and professional. we appreciate everything they do for us.

|  If you want good care...look elsewhere!!!!  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

I met Dr. Rivera in the parking lot...and she is the rudest doctor I have EVER met. She knocked on my car window when I was leaving and told me my car would be towed next time I parked there. I apologized and explained that I was told by my kids pediatrician office to park in the back because my daughter had a rash and that we normally park in the front. She rolled her eyes and said " yeah, thats what they all say" and was extremely rude. I asked her for her name and she said " DR. Rivera and I own the building" I would never see or refer her to anyone, keep in mind I also work in the medical field. WHAT AN UNPROFESSIONAL WOMAN! Horrible manners.

Doctor's Response

Parking is terrible at our San Dimas office. People need to learn respect and basic etiquette. After all if I need to park my car I don't use my neighbors garage because it's convenient for me. We are an OB/Gyn office and ask our own patients not to expose our other pregnant patients to potentially harmful diseases. It's unfortunate that even our colleagues in the medical field find it acceptable to jeopardize others health. The staff at the pediatricians office apologized for this patient's behavior.

Jan 18th, 2011

Had a miscarriage, Dr. Rivera was very nice and asked me how I felt and examined me. Seemed caring, but I agree, the staff there really sucks and the reason they are so busy is because these Dr. are great. Dr. Lopez delivered my first baby and I loved her.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the feedback. We will continue to strive to improve our patients experience.

|  Horrible!  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2010

Dr. Rivera/ Dr. Lopez have the worst office staff ever. Not a single caring person. You wont see your dr until your last month of pregnancy. If you ask a question, your answer will ALWAYS be "its normal", plan to be in the waiting area from 30ms-1 1/2 hours. Due to Dr. Lopez over booked schedule me and my baby went into critical condition when i went into labor. As this was my 1st pregnancy I thought this was normal, However I am pregnant with my 2nd and now i know what to expect from a good OB office and dr. Make your pregnancy a special experience, save yourself the stress and tears GO TO A DIFFERENT OB!!

|  Horrible Experience!!!!  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2010

Called to ask doctor or nurse a medical question about myself and a member of her staff said they left a message for her to call me back. After a few days past I called back because I had not received a call from Dr. Rivera or a member of her staff and I was told that she was very busy and she would get to me a.s.a.p. It wasn't until two weeks later that I received a call and it wasn't from Dr. Rivera's office, It was from a clinic explaining to me that Dr. Rivera was transferring my records over to them because I was high risk. I guess high b/p that was well controlled on medication and a question about my anxiety is considered high risk. The worst part was that I never received a call from anyone of the staff to explain to me why they were referring me to this clinic nor did the clinic have any idea why Dr.Rivera referred me to them. so I was stuck at 26 weeks pregnant trying to find a doctor who would take me. This was the worst experience that I have ever had with an OB doctor.

Doctor's Response

This is true. Finding a doctor who accepts Medi-Cal if youre high risk can be problematic. Patients are transferred out to KMC high risk clinic for many reasons. KMC is our communities safety net that provides excellent care. The doctor -patient relationship is critical in OB. When this is jeopardized then it's time make adjustments.

Jun 2nd, 2010

Dr. Rivera was very nice and professional. Unfortunately, her staff is completely inept. The worst receptionists I have ever encountered. I stopped going to this doctor because of extremely long wait times and after repeated attempts to reach the doctor were unsuccessful.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback sorry you had a bad experience. We will continue to strive to provide quality care.

by Unhappy Patient on Sep 8th, 2009

The practice is over-extended, which leads to wait times in excess of 1-2 hours. Doctor's bedside manner is not the best.

|  caring physician  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2008

These 2 doctors have an extremely busy practice, they're caring and knowledgable.