Neurologists

14111 Vance Jackson Rd
Apartment 11105
San Antonio, TX 78249
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Amazing and caring!  |  show details
by Kimberly P. on Mar 25th, 2014

Dr. Romero (and Dr. Jackson) are two of the most compassionate caring and kind medical professionals we have ever met. My husband came into UHS with an incorrect diagnosis of Guillain Barre Syndrome. Dr. Romero was determined to find out what was wrong with Keith. It took over 3 months of testing and care but the team figured out that Keith has Neurosarcoidosis. We live in New Braunfels and drive all the way to Dr. Romero's office as there is no better neurologist around. When Keith has an issues, she listens and helps him figure out how to deal with this. After the incorrect diagnosis, it was hard to trust a doctor again. Keith is now blind and paralyzed but has an amazing friend and doctor on his side!

|  Find a different doctor  |  show details
by M on Aug 12th, 2013

Went in with a diagnosis of MS from another neurologist and was treated terribly by Dr. Romero! She asked me to walk across the room w/o my cane, which I told her I could not. Dr. Romero then said she would hold on to me and make sure I did not fall, then when trying to walk with her holding me - she dropped me on the hard tile floor! She the let me sit on the table and tears were running done my face, it hurt and I was embarrassed at 52 years of age to be in such bad shape and struggling so much just to get through each day. Dr. Romero had no compassion what so ever and treated me very poorly, then suggested that I needed psychiatric help and dismissed my symptoms, she did order an MRI which did not show lessons. But I still have MS symptoms and I am suffering. I think the Drs. at UHS think everyone is looking for pills and just dismiss you after waiting 3 mths for an appt. in. stead of really trying to help you and find an answer. Sad . . .

|  Very caring and thorough  |  show details
by Beth B. on May 30th, 2013

I started seeing a different neurologist for what I thought was a seizure disorder at UT-MARC. Once it became clear I had an inflammatory neurological disorder, he referred me to Dr. Romero. She was incredibly thorough and especially careful that she did not misdiagnose me since my symptoms are not typical and the treatment for MS could actually be harmful to other diseases that have similar symptoms. She makes time to call me and communicate her thoughts to me so we could come up with a treatment plan, rather than just telling me what I should do. I really appreciate her carefulness and the way she explains things to me. Being diagnosed with MS was devastating, but I am confident I will do as well as I possibly can with her as my doctor.

|  Rebecca Romero is the worst .  |  show details
by Angryatromero on May 17th, 2013

Doesn't care always says symptoms are not related to ms - uuuuuhhh extreme fatigue lower back pain- that's a given Shes left me in pain and told me to see primary care remember dr you are a primary care dr first then two years later you go to school to specialize in neurology ! Duh and I'm filing a complaint to medical board drs follow a strict code of ethics - lets get her from hurting anyone else

|  not a good dr  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

Doest give medical attention needed no call backs long follow up appts. Wouldnt recommend....!!!!