Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Karen on Nov 4th, 2015

I just moved to Somerset and my insurance co. gave me Rebecca number, but after reading all the reviews decided not to try her. She needs to work on her attitude.. ...hire decent friendly staff if she needs new pt. Or keep old one's. Best of luck

by Mary Brosius on Oct 30th, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Steckel's practice for 23 years and would never change my doctor. They have nice staff and she's a very good doctor.

Straight to the point show details Straight to the point
Sep 29th, 2015

I am currently a patient of Dr. Steckel so are my children. I like that she doesn't color coat anything, she is straight and to the point which some people may find dry and rude but she has always been very nice, courteous and professional with me. She is not a chatter box and I appreciate that. I like that she remembers what my children like and would like to do in the future. Her current staff has been very kind and courteous as well. The office can use a fresh coat of paint but I am not visiting her for her decorative skills, I am visiting her for her professional skills; and I find she is constantly keeping up to date with the latest medical advances which is a plus for me.

Not the best office show details Not the best office
Aug 21st, 2015

Office is convenient and Dr. Steckel is knowledgeable, but seems always in a rush. There were a couple of incidents which I was not happy about her bedside manners, like giving my daughter, who's afraid of needles the chicken pox vaccine even though she had the chicken pox and gave it to her a few years later because she didn't review her records. Then telling me that seeing a specialist was not going to help as he was not going to tell me anything different, but when I went, he was much more informative about my diabetes and gave me a different medication that didn't cost me $3600/yr that Dr. Steckel prescribed. She doesn't know everything, but think she does. She's good as a general practictioner, but go to a specialist if you know something is wrong. She seems to be in it for the money.

Feb 26th, 2015

Excellent staff. Not too fond of the doctor or office manager.

Find Another Doctor show details Find Another Doctor
Aug 31st, 2012

Dr. Steckel has made it abundantly clear over many years that her bottom line is more important than anything else. Money is the top issue no matter what.She does not have any interest in being the admitting physician for emergencies and does not arrive at the hospital at all during the hospital stay.She is very moody and varies from being very caring to being very snotty.She demands quarterly visits for meds, but the feeling is always that it means the dollar is most important.Her office is grubby looking.A former patient.

All Business show details All Business
May 10th, 2012

All my visits with this doctor has felt like it was all about money and not so much about how she can provide the best care for my new born baby.I have not been going to this doctor for more than a year but I'm still getting bills from them through their collections agency. They claim to have notified me, even though I have not recieved any email, phone call, or mail. If the staff made a mistake on your bills they will refuse to fix the problem, they are not accomodating.I would never go to this physician again.

Aug 24th, 2011

I was in one of her hospitals after emerency surgery and my surgeon was trying to alert her and she wanted nothing to do with me. She kept saying protocol had to be followed and she didnt think it was. So rather than making the effort to find out about me she let me sit in there for 5 days.

The worst doctor I have ever had show details The worst doctor I have ever had
by Former Patient on Mar 3rd, 2011

Dr Steckel has poor bedside manner. She misinformed/misdiagnosed me on two occasions and when I asked her for further information the first time, she asked me to go look it up online. She is awful. Needless to say I took my records and got away from her but not soon enough. There are doctors far better than Dr Steckel.

Rude doctor, rude staff show details Rude doctor, rude staff
Jan 22nd, 2011

I went to this doctor out of convenience for the past two years. Her staff is incredibly rude and unprofessional. I was made to feel like a nuisance each time I called the office for any reason at all. Wait time is incredibly long at her office and the office itself is filthy. Dr. Steckel herself is arrogant, has terrible bedside manner, is very rushed, moody and condescending. Worst experience at a doctor's office I've ever had.

Amazing Doctor show details Amazing Doctor
Sep 14th, 2010

I spoke with Dr. Steckel about her staff and a month later she fired them and hired new and experienced staff. I recommend Dr. Steckel.

Not a caring doctor show details Not a caring doctor
Jul 7th, 2010

I have recently decided to change my doctor as we plan on getting pregnant. Dr. Steckel seems to be very moody and always in a hurry. Though you ask genuine questions and want to know more information about your question she gets irritated and does not show care or concern. I would definitely not recommend the doctor for anyone who is first time pregnant.

Terrible Bedside Manner & Office Policies show details Terrible Bedside Manner & Office Policies
by Atiya Bailey on Jun 23rd, 2010

I saw this doctor for myself and 2 children out of sheer convenience. The office staff was actually very nice as long as Dr. Steckel wasn't in and Dr. Merchant was-which should be in indicator of how obnoxious she is. We were moving and needed copies of all our records, which we were then told would cost us 1$ a page up to a maximum of 100$. I was floored-imagine how many pages 3 patients over 3 yrs would have in their file. I explained we no longer had insurance as my husband was laid off recently, so possibly would get a break on this and I was told this is the law, so basically I had to suck up the costs-which wasn't what I was hoping to hear. I already had my doubts about liking this woman, this has pushed me over the edge. I found out from the state medical board that doctor's CAN charge UP TO 1$ a page-but obviously she could have chosen to help out and chose not to do the humanely decent thing. Basically my charts are being held hostage.So much for a warm bedside manner. I hope anyone who thinks of using her decides against it!

Great Doctors, Poor office staff show details Great Doctors, Poor office staff
Oct 8th, 2009

The nurses that bring you back and take your vitals are pleasant and professional. The office staff, including the office manager are cold and sometimes a bit rude. Particularly, I was dealing with a billing issue that was the office's fault. The office manager was rude and when they discovered I was right never apologized.

Patient of 15 years LEFT because of RUDE front office show details Patient of 15 years LEFT because of RUDE front office
Aug 19th, 2009

I was a patient of 15 years of Dr Steckel'sFrom 1994 until 2009. Her front office is one of the WORST I've encountered so much so that it made me switch Dr's

Excellent Doctor but office staff is AWFUL!!! so rude show details Excellent Doctor but office staff is AWFUL!!! so rude
by Anon on Oct 21st, 2008

I Can't believe how rude the front staff is especially Suzette.