Dr. Rebecca Tanner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rebecca Tanner?

October 12th, 2016

I neglected to read the reviews for this doctor until AFTER I had been going to see Dr. Tanner for several weeks and voicing my experiences with co-workers-it wasn't until then that I found other patients experienced the same bad bedside manner. When I gave her my history of my injury she ignored the root cause of the injury and the history I shared with her and came up with her own conclusion of what she felt the cause was and a course of treatment which required me coming in multiple times a week. Her desire to have me in the office several times a week for treatment would be great if I didn't work full time and had endless money but I don't. When I couldn't keep up with her recommendation it was apparent I had upset her, thinking she has a God complex-she later verbalized that she was the medical professional and basically I wasn't adhering to her treatment. The staff was very diligent in trying to get me scheduled immediately for each return visit-it gave me the sense that without my business they wouldn't get paid. I wonder if there were bonuses given for follow up appointments only because it was so obvious they needed me to schedule another appointment. I was only seen at this practice for approximately 8 weeks and during this time they changed business managers twice and lost/gained 3 office helpers. I inquired about the turn over and asked who was the owner of the practice and she sheepishly told me Dr. Tanner which tells me she not only has a less than desirable bedside manner she is a very poor manager. The young women working in the office appear to do the best they can with the situation-but I hope they continue to find other opportunities cause no job is worth that abuse!

June 21st, 2016

Horrible treatment at this office

I was in an accident that caused horrible pain. Dr Tanner barely examined me and told me that she wouldn't sign cause I was unable to work. She dismissed me and said to see my primary care physician. Luckily I found a caring Dr and was sent to UVA who determined that I have cranial-cervical dystonia which is an incurable neurological disorder that causes terrible pain. She also prescribed Prednisone knowing that I had a steroid epidural injection in a few days. Luckily my new Dr and pharmacist said îf I took it and had injection that I would have blown up like a balloon. She was very mean and hateful. I left there in tears. She wouldn't keep me off work either however, within 9 months of seeing her I was approved by Social Security Disability insurance within 45 days of filing. I wouldn't have this Dr treat my dog. So cold and uncaring.

July 15th, 2014

Originally ecstatic, then let down

When I first began going to Dr. Tanner, she was wonderful! She listened to me and worked with me and offered several modalities for my pain. She used trigger point injections and acupuncture, and referred me for other types of therapy that were truly my saving grace (massage therapy is awesome for pain management!). When she suggested we try another procedure that would cost $1800 out of pocket, I declined. That's a lot of money to spend when it may not work. She seemed to understand, but after that, I began to feel she was just "going through the motions" with me. Months later (and after many appointments with little results), when I asked about working on a different joint that had been bothering me, she actually *yelled* at me, loudly stating that it would probably be "out of pocket" and "your insurance won't cover that, now will it?" (Her assistant informed her that my insurance does cover it, and they have been charging my insurance for the same modality on the other joint every time I go). She stormed out of the room, yelling at the assistant to "get her prepared next time!" I was shocked! I have never spoken to a patient, client or customer that way. Her assistant looked mortified. Thinking that everyone has a bad day now and again, I did go back two weeks later, mentioning once again that the other joint was bothering me more than the one she usually worked on. She smiled, politely ignored my statement, and worked on the same joint she always does. Then she left the room... she spent all of 3 min with me, didn't address my chief complaint, and I'm sure my insurance will be charged the full amount. I left disappointed. I have also noticed that this office has not been able to keep assistants/PAs.

April 10th, 2014

Great Doctor!

I am so thankful I found Dr Tanner almost 12 years ago after another uncaring specialist told me I would "just have to learn to live with" the excruciating pain I was experiencing from Fibromyalgia. Over the years, we have experimented with many medications and my pain level for the most part has been steady. When my pain flares, I have been able to get a same day appointment on numerous occasions for injections to relieve the elevated pain (usually caused by my overdoing it.) She listens well and is very open to trying new approaches to pain relief as they become available. I am very surprised by the negative ratings. Perhaps some mistake her professional manner as coldness. She is also very careful with prescribing pain medications and does not prescribe them indiscriminately. Having worked at a large hospital, medical professionals must be very vigilant in watching for patients who are seeking outlets for narcotics. I thank God for Dr. Tanner. I don't know where I would be today without her!

September 25th, 2013

GREAT DOCTOR

AFTER SEVERAL VISITS TO DR. TANNER , I AVOIDED SUGERY, AND BACK TO PLAYING TENNIS.

May 7th, 2011

Dr. Tanner's satisfied patient

Staff was excellent in service, attention and response to my concerns. dr Tanner's evaluation was complete, very thorough and compassionate. Really helped fix my neck pain and headache.

May 7th, 2011

Physiatrist

Excellent physician interaction and diagnosis of my acute sports injury. Very skilled at examination and knowledgable about the latest medical treatm ...

September 9th, 2010

Find another doctor

I find Dr. Tanner to be very rude and uncaring. She has a condescending demeanor and a matter-of-fact type of attitude. She jumps to conclusions without actually examining the patient. She insinuates and plays on words. I have never experienced such a worthless feeling from any doctor I've ever seen in my life than with Dr. Tanner. I will be spending my health care dollars elsewhere. I would not recommend Dr. Tanner to anyone. On a positive note, her staff is outstanding.

November 28th, 2009

Dr Tanner used acupuncture and pain managment injections to releave a terrible muscle spasm I had in my neck and shoulder. She had me back to normal after two visits and a week of physical therapy. My wife has been seeing her for a chronic lower back problem brought on by scoliosis with great results.

October 22nd, 2017