Ophthalmologist

320 Edinburgh Dr
Ste A
Winter Park, FL 32792
407-637-2033
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Look for anothe doctor  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2013

After seeing Dr. Kurson, I decided to have cataract surgery with her. Dr. Kurson mixed my measurements with another patient's measurements and data. The end result was a bill over $5,000 between her and the hospital. DR. KURSON PLACED THE WRONG LENS IN MY EYE. I ended up seeing another Dr and having another surgery done. It has been almost a year now and I'm still waiting for her phone call to see how I'm doing. I highly suggest to see another doctor if you are planning to have surgery.

|  BUYER BEWARE  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2012

I chose Dr. Kurzon because my eye current doctor no longer accepts my insurance and Dr. Kurzon accepts Humana Vision Care. I was informed that my co-pay would be $10 for the exam. After the initial exam, Dr. Kurzon told me that I have an asymmetrical optic nerve and that it could be an early sign of glaucoma and vision threatening. She recommended more tests to rule out glaucoma.She never informed me that the additional testing would not be covered by my insurance. Of course when I heard that the condition could cause blindness,I agreed to have the tests. The additional tests revealed no reason for concern. I paid my $10 copay and left the office. You can imagine my surprise when I received a bill for $200 for the additional testing. When I called the office, I was told the tests were medical and not covered by my vision insurance. I called my former eye doctor and explained what had occurred at Dr. Kurzon's office.He said he had noted the asymmetrical optic nerve and but that no additional testing was indicated because there was a lack of Fuchs disease which led me to believe that the additional tests were unnecessary. The circumstances made me feel that the additional tests were just a way to pad the bill which cost me an additional $200. Dr. Kurzon never spoke to me personally about the bill and Joanna on her staff was unwilling to compromise. At a minimum, this office needs to upgrade its notification process regarding testing that falls outside vision insurance and provide a fair estimate of the costs prior to performing additional procedures. Needless to say, my wife and I will not return.