Dr. Rebecca Yang MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Peabody, MA

3.3

January 28th, 2016
Can be very short when speaking to you. Definitely not the person if you feel you will need a lot of support.

March 31st, 2015
I saw Dr. Yang in Concord, NH. Now I am trying to locate a MRI that was taken of my liver at that time. to compare it to an ultra sound that will be taken of my stomach and liver. What was the name of the practice that she was with in 1999 in Concord? Thank you!

August 24th, 2011
A+++ for Dr. Rebecca Yang
I first met Dr. Yang in 2001 after a suspicious growth appeared on my mammogram. One of the first things I learned about myself at that time is that I need to know everything about what I'm dealing with. By the time Rebecca had removed the tumor (lumpectomy), I felt like I'd graduated from the first year of breast cancer school, in large part because she took the time to answer the questions I came up with during my research, and she made sure I understood each step we took, and why. I couldn't have asked for a better team member. To my great disappointment, she moved on from where I live In New Hampshire, and went to the Lahey Clinic.The second time I worked with Rebecca was in 2006, after I'd been diagnosed with Stage 0 DCIS by the doctor who replaced her in the New Hampshire hospital. The new doctor and I didn't connect at all, so after a month or two, I tracked Rebecca down and asked her to help me with yet another lumpectomy. As with the first time, all went well.I've since seen Rebecca every year for my annual mammogram and check-up. This year, the radiologist spotted something that caused her concern, and after discussing it with Rebecca, I learned it was very likely I had a third breast cancer. A needle biopsy was quickly arranged and on the day the pathology results were in, Rebecca phoned to tell me I did, indeed, have another breast cancer. We talked for some time, falling easily into the comfort zone I have with her when talking about my life and death choices.She and I are currently discussing the best way to proceed with this third breast cancer. I might not agree to everything she recommends, but I know for a fact she'll respect my decisions and do the absolute best she can to get me to where I want to go.I'm sorry others have had difficult experiences with her. I can't relate because it's never been part of how she and I get along. I really do cherish her input and value her skills. To those who feel she's not for them, fair enough. But please understand no one is a good match for everyone and this might be particularly true when dealing with a subject as emotional as breast cancer. Above all, find a surgeon you can trust. I've found the surgeon I rely on without hesitation, and it's Dr. Yang.

June 28th, 2011
Poor Demeanor
She is one Doctor that has major anger issues, extremely flip with her mouth. If your looking for a compasinate caring doctor without a attitude, Please keep on looking "Dont't stop here with Her"!!!

May 24th, 2011
Dangerous surgeon
Dr Yang is dangerous. I had invasive ductal carcinoma diagnosed in 2008. I had surgery with Dr Yang in 2009 and have regretted it ever since. After a ...

May 7th, 2011
Dr. Rebeeca C. Yang
Dr. Yang is terrific on all fronts. Respectful, kind, thorough and expert. She explains procedures and conditions clearly and is patient when asked qu ...

April 18th, 2011
Misdiagnosed my Breast Cancer
I lost my breast because of Dr. Yang. She told me I didn't have a lump (you could see it, so could other doctors, but not her). My primary and another doctor felt the lump and sent me to her to have it removed. She said there was nothing there and she was the doctor and she new everything. She told me I was too young to have BC, to let her worry about it, and she was nasty when she told me all this. She is a horrible person, too. She sat in the hallway whispering about me to the Nurse practitioner. How childish. I wish I had sued her!!!

April 8th, 2011
Professional Doctor with excellent surgical technique
In the six years she's been my breast specialist, she has always been professional, caring, and top notch. While she maintains a professional demeanor that some may construe as "cool," I do not find this to be the case. I find her to be factual and analytical. I have friends and family to provide sympathy, I want a doctor to give it to me straight and provide professional expertise.My history of breast issues includes a ductectomy, as well as several core biopsies, one of which was followed by an excisional biopsy. Dr. Yang performed the ductectomy and the excisional biopsy, and the biopsies were performed by others. Her surgical work is beautiful, clean, and it heals beautifully. She explained the procedures thoroughly in advance, she reassured me well on the day of surgery, provided clear post surgical instructions, and her follow up afterwards was great. She always takes the time to answer all questions, and I never felt like I was rushed through an appointment.I have never had difficulty getting an appointment, and her staff is friendly, professional and courteous. When I had surgery at Lahey North, I was extremely impressed with the entire staff in pre-surgery, the mammography department (who placed the guide wires), the anesthesiologist, and recovery. Even the woman who pushed my wheel chair was wonderful. Every person I dealt with was incredibly caring, supportive and professional. I can't imagine a better team. The experience of breast surgery is frightening, emotional and difficult, and these folks made it as positive as possible.

February 5th, 2011
Inconsistent doctor
Judging from the reviews of other patients, looks like Rebecca has a Jekyl and Hyde personality. My first appointments with her were fine. But then the ugly side came out post operatively when I had some complications. Maybe she doesn't handle stress very well? Overall, I came out OK but I could do without the drama.

February 5th, 2011
Exceptional
Dr. Yang is an exceptional physician who shows care and concern for each person she sees. Her bed side manner is warm and inviting. She takes time to explain situations and has a dialogue with you until you comprehend the entire situation. I would recommend her to anyone.

December 4th, 2010
Excellent
It has been seven years since I first saw Dr. Yang. She performed a mastectomy on me after diagnosis of second breast cancer had been confirmed elsewhere. She has been nothing but kind, caring, and available. As a former oncology nurse, I know a good doctor when I see one.

September 9th, 2010
Personality of a brick wall
Rebecca is dangerous. She is flip, arrogant and rushes through her exam. Her technique is bad. I got an infection after the surgery and had to be admitted to the hospital again. To top it off, she has the personality of a bar of soap. Bedside manner? She has none. Ugh. Stay away from her