Dr. Reed Young MD Patient Reviews

4.7
  • 11 reviews

October 7th, 2015
She's great!
She is really good and thorough and spends a lot of time with you. It is a bit funny, a couple of times she's made some Christian or Catholic references, and as an atheist, I find that stuff absurd and challenge her when she babbles such nonsense. But, as far as medical work, she does a great job!

April 16th, 2015
Awesome Doc !! Specialty is sleep disorders
Extremely good listener & Gives Feedback. Spends more than enough time with me going thru medical paperwork & Data explaining what it means. * reason I gave 3 stars on Promptness is because Wait time varies due to patient volume. Sometimes its 10 mins, sometimes 45. I Was diagnosed with central sleep apnea about this time last year by Dr Young & @ the time MISERABLE. Here I am a year later Feeling MUCH better ! Still working with Dr Young adjusting meds so I am actively seeing her every couple of months or so. Her Staff Is Incredibly friendly too !

June 7th, 2013
Retired Attorney
Dr. Young is very compassionate, thorough, sharp as a tack and caring. She is getting to the root of my neurological issues. I have recommended her to friends and family. She has a team that is on the ball and very courteous.

July 2nd, 2012
Dr. Young was very thorough in diagnosing my problems. She took a great deal of time and effort to make sure I got the help I needed in order to heal. I would definitely recommend her to friends and family.

August 21st, 2011
Respiratory Therapist
I was referred to Dr Young by my previous MD who moved out of Houston. Dr Young is the most informative doctor for sleep medicine that I have worked with as a patient and as a respiratory therapist. She takes time to diagnose and make recommendations for healthcare. I highly recommend her for sleep disorders.

September 20th, 2010
Commercial Artist
Extremely happy with Dr. Young and all of her staff. Only doctor that I've ever had that will really talk to me and make recommendations about my concerns.

June 28th, 2010
I highly recommend Dr Young.I was really scared to go to the Dr. about my headaches because I thought something was badly wrong and Dr. Young made me feel so much better and really spent alot of time with me. She is amazing and really cares about you and to get you feeling better.

June 5th, 2010
During the approx. 15 years that Dr. Young has been my neurologist, she has given me my life back. First, she tamed the excruciating migraines that ran and ruined my life. When I started with Dr. Young, I had migraines on a nearly daily basis, migraines that would last at times for several weeks, and some migraines so intense that at times I seriously thought about suicide. Unlike previous physicians I had consulted, who settled for prescribing ever-stronger drugs to treat the migraines after they had started, Dr. Young undertook the task of making me healthy by preventing the onset of the migraines--not in a constant state of crisis, treatment, and recovery from migraines. I control my life now, instead of migraines controlling me. Although I have an occasional migraine, they are few and far between, and I know how to nip them in the bud. Second, Dr. Young diagnosed and treated my sleep apnea, which, at its most severe, prevented me from sleeping more than about an hour a night. Throughout, Dr. Young has treated me as a whole person, not a set of symptoms. I've always been impressed by the fact that she considers information about my life circumstances (family, work, emotional health) to be important clinical information, so she always asks about what is going on in my life--and listens very attentively to my responses.One note about waiting time to see Dr. Young: she has fabulous office staff and they all work to keep the office running smoothly and Dr. Young and her patients on schedule. However, when a patient REALLY needs more time than was originally scheduled, Dr. Young takes the time right then and there. Yes, that does mean that other people may have to wait a bit. But it also means that on the occasion when YOU need a bit of extra time on YOUR visit, you can be sure that Dr. Young will give you the time and attention that you need--she won't rush you out the door with an appointment card to come back later, simply so she can stay "on schedule." I happen to appreciate that a lot, because that constitutes the best in clinical care.

June 4th, 2010
Disrespectful and discourteous!
I have been a patient of Dr. Young's for over a year. At every appointment I have had to wait around 2 hours; she is always running massively behind. This week I waited 2 1/2 hours, starting at 8:45 am, with no explanations given and no apologies, even though I inquired after 1 hour, and then at 1/2 hourly intervals. Then when I complained, I was told I "could come back at 1 pm." It is completely discourteous and disrespectful: patients' time is equally valuable. The fact that she is always running so far behind is evidence that she has no idea how to run a practice. Her office staff have no people skills, and seem surprised that anyone would object to waiting over 2 hours without explanation. They could AT LEAST apologize! I would highly discourage anyone to submit themselves to this practice.

August 9th, 2009
Dr. Young is great!
I was run over by a large, flat-bed wrecker, while I was walking, 8 years ago this September. Dr. Young was my neurologist and she could not have treated me with more commpassion and care than she did. I would, and have, recommended her to others who need neurological care.

August 3rd, 2009
You have incorrect info
Dr Reed Young is a female.That makes you look not good