Family Physicians

20 NE Saint Lukes Blvd
Ste 200
Lees Summit, MO 64086
816-347-5100
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Professionally run office, engaged physician  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2012

I found Dr. Aholt's office quite well run, and I am not easy to please. I think her support staff are professional and well-trained. I have never felt rushed by Dr. Aholt. I had time to voice my concerns and ask clarifying questions.

|  Not that impressed  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2012

She rushed me in and out and didn't seem that interested in me or my condition. It felt like my opinion wasn't considered. I had a test done and no one contacted me to let me know the results. I know of another patient that she kept giving pills and didn't continue to investigate why it wasn't getting better. Another doctor suggested an MRI 6 months later. That test helped get her on the road to recovery. If Dr. Aholt had suggested it she would have recovered sooner.

|  Dr. Aholt  |  show details
by Jordan C. on Aug 18th, 2010

She's great about listening to a patient's symptoms and recognizing the problem. She is caring and respectful. Great doctor, highly recommended!

|  Good Doc  |  show details
by Corinne D Wilson on Mar 21st, 2010

I really liked Regina as a doctor. So many doctors forget about bedside manner. Regina made eye contact with me, listened to me and did not make me feel rushed in my appointment.

|  Efficient and knowledgeable  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2010

Dr. Aholt and the office staff were very efficient. It was the quickest MD visit I ever had. The facility is clean and comfortable with a spacious wating room. The needed medical advice/intervention was provided in a clear manner. The manner was more professional than friendly.

|  show details
Jul 7th, 2009

Dr. Aholt seems detached and somewhat aloof. I have had a hard time getting information about myself from the office. I even received the wrong test results once; I was told the conclusion was negative, when in fact it was POSITIVE! Overall, I believe that perhaps the office has gotten to big to provide good care.

|  show details
May 16th, 2009

Dr. Aholt always seems to busy to "deal" with me. She very rarely makes eye contact. I never get a chance to voice my concerns. She just makes alot of assumptions and leaves like I am some sort of a burden to her and not worth her time.

|  Relay Health software hinders communication  |  show details
by Kathryn S. Hahn on May 9th, 2009

The software system used in this office was/is experiencing a malfunction causing some patients' old contact information (often obsolete) being overlaid on to the patients' current contact information. This is causing issues with patient contact and call-backs. The real problem, is that this office is not aware of the problem. They need to be verifying patient contact information at each visit and phone call until this problem is resolved.Within the past couple of months, I told Dr. Aholt that I wasn't called back by either of her Nurses. At my next visit, I was told by both Dr. Aholt and staff that they had tried to call me, but the number had been disconnected and would I please provide them with a working number before I complain again about not being called back. (it was the tone of voice used that hurt my feelings) The phone number in their records was a home phone number that I had disconnected 2 years ago (going to cell only), prior to ever becoming a patient of Dr. Aholt's. Two years ago I registered with our EAP. They use the same Relay Health computer system. My two year old obsolete information was overlayed on to my current contact information in my records at Dr. Aholt's office. Prior to my original call back complaint, the office had no problems contacting me at the numbers I had provided when I became a patient of Dr. Aholts.Following the last appointment with Dr. Aholt, I mentioned to my co-workers the embarrassment of being told I was giving Dr. Aholt a disconnected phone number. It was then I was informed about the Relay Health system and that this was a known problem that was being looked in to. Today I attempted to refill a prescription. The system said I do not have a doctor.