Gynecologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
 |  New Patient  |  show details
by T McCullough on Dec 10th, 2014

I found Dr. Edmonds online and I selected her based on her positive reviews and her hospital privileges at Cedars. Her entire staff was friendly and courteous. I was in and out of her office without the long wait one dreads when going to a doctors appointment. Dr. Edmonds lived up to the positive reviews: great bedside manner, prepared, personable, knowledgeable, and genuinely concerned about you and your health. I was so comfortable with Dr. Edmonds it was like talking to your friend that's a doctor. My visit was short but at no point did I feel like I was being rushed. Throughout the visit Dr. Edmonds explained what she was doing and made sure I was comfortable. I highly recommend her to anyone that is looking for an OB-GYN.

|  Misdiagnosis of STD  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

I had the same exact problem of Dr. Edmond diagnosing me with herpes, when I never had the STD to begin with. After being tested and having my results read again (both the tests they ran and Dr. Edmond's) by THREE different doctors, they all said that Dr. Edmond just didn't know how to read lab results and incorrectly diagnosed me with an STD I didn't have. Longest 2 months of my life.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you feel this way. A diagnosis of a sexually transmitted disease is difficult for any patient to receive. The nature of this STD is such that it is possible to carry the virus without having symptoms of the virus. Patients may have the virus for years without becoming symptomatic and ever having a reason to suspect they are a carrier. I report the results of the lab work that I am given. A false positive rarely occurs in these cases, and the test can always be run again if a patient so desires. If you would like to discuss any further concerns with me, please feel free to call my office. I would be happy to speak with you.

|  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

I've been to her Sawtelle office and her main office in West Hollywood. I have waited longer than I would have liked at both, but it's pretty typical of most offices. I've also had problems with nurses having issues drawing blood, not fun. Overall, Dr. Edmond is knowledgeable, respectful and helpful. She is available by email and responds quickly, which I've not experienced outside of Kaiser Permanente. I lost a pregnancy early on and she never pressured me and let me take my time deciding on a D & C. She also has called me personally several times with test results. This is also something that does not happen often anymore!

|  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

I went to Dr.Edmund for the first time about a month ago, I found her to be very Professional and Informative, after being with Kaiser and my OBGYN although he was very nice, but he didn't get to the root of my problem like Dr. Edmund.I am glad that I found her she made me feel very comfortable and hopeful:)

|  Disappointing Appointment/ Regret  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

Clearly a mistake that I am now paying for! On top of bad service on the part of the staff and the doctor, I must now work to dispute an unnecessary charge. I was initially delayed in making an appointment as I was told she was temporarily on hold with my insurance company. When I was finally able to schedule an appointment, they confirmed that they were then accepting my particular insurance. This week I suddenly received a bill for charges I was told my insurance would cove because they were in the network! This is now up there as one of my worst financial/health decisions!! I feel completely ripped off and further disappointed by my experience!

|  Beyond Horrible Wait Time  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

My overall experience was a terrible inconvienance! I made my appointment during my lunch hr, informed the receptionist that I was coming on my break the day before. When I showed the doctor was not even there. No one informed me of this. The doctor showed up to the office 40 minutes after my scheduled appointment. She proceeded ver leisurely while knowing I was waiting. I was terribly inconvienanced by the whole process and at that moment had no choice but to go through with the exam which started an HOUR late since I was already going to be late to return to work. The doctor showed no concern or consideration for professionalism and respect for her patient. NEVER AGAIN!

|  avoid at all costs  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jun 28th, 2010 on doctor.com

I have never taken the time to write a review online. That is how strongly I feel about Dr. Edmond being an poor physician. I go to the Nippon Medic ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
 |  Avoid her at all costs  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jun 28th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  Woman with a Heart  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2010

She is warm and caring and professional with her patients. Pleasure to visit and talk to given the sensitive nature of OB GYN issues.

|  Avoid! Misdiagnosis' Patients  |  show details
by Anonymous on Apr 21st, 2009 on doctor.com

Read Full Review at doctor.com
 |  Warning: Misdiagnosis of Patient  |  show details
by Former Patient Who Will Not Return on Apr 21st, 2009

I have gone to Dr. Edmond for a few years now and I must admit, I really liked her up until recently. I went in for my annual exam and she, as always, recommended I have the STD testing. I showed no symptoms of any so I figured no harm in it. When the results came back she told me I had Type 2 Genital Herpes! The blood test showed negative for the Igg antibody but positive for a different type of antibody (IgM) that is linked to the condition but not an accurate method of diagnosis. How did I find this out? By being retested and going to three other Doctors for their opinions with my lab results. They all said she was incorrect and did not know how to properly read the test results. I am negative 100%. The worst part in all this is that she was very cold and unhelpful when telling me the results. All she wanted to do was write me a prescription and when I asked questions she told me she knew what she was doing and I did not. So, beware if you have testing done with her as she is obviously not very good at reading lab work correctly. She caused me a great amount of emotional stress and put me in a severe depression state until I wised up and got my other opinions. I will not be returning to her practice nor would I ever recommend anyone to go to her.