Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist

2.5

Patient show details Patient
by Sherree Peeks on Jul 14th, 2015

I have been a patient for over 3 yrs and I can tell you this doctor has been the best I have seen in a very long time, she cares about you and what is going on with you medically and will listen to you. I had knee surgery and even the surgeon wouldn't listen to the prblms I was having afterwards and kept saying oh your fine, but Dr. Pondexter found out what was wrong and I'm doing so much better now, she is awesome. You do have to abide by the rules and if you do what your supposed to you will have no prblms. The wait time for this doctor is the same as any other doctor office and the staff is freindly and helpful.

Pleasantly surprised show details Pleasantly surprised
Apr 28th, 2014

Very thorough. Also very pleasant and upfront. She focused a lot on educating me--nothing like I expected from the reviews.

Aug 29th, 2013

AWFUL

The doctor you never see! show details The doctor you never see!
Jun 4th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Foley's for about 3 yrs. At the beginning she was wonderful. I couldn't say enough good things about her. However, the last several months things have changed drastically in that office. The biggest thing is that I haven't really seen the doctor on my last few visits. She is there sitting in her office, but she sends her nurse into see you. Even if u ask to see the dr, she still doesn't come in to see you. A few months ago, the nurse, who has the worst bedside manner, told me I tested positive for codeine. I told her I had had a root canal and my dentist was suppose to call her. He forgot apparently. I even called my dentist and had him send her my records to prove it. A couple months later she accused me again of the same thing. This time I knew I hadn't . Dr foley did come to the room for this just to scream at me and wouldn't give me a chance to tell her I knew I hadn't. She told me either I tell her I did take it or she would dismiss me as a patient. So I lied. I made up an excuse, because I didn't want to start over with another doctor. It is hard enough to find a pain dr. This month I was accused again for a third time. I was extremely careful this month , so I knew without a shadow of a doubt I didn't take anythg other than what she prescribed. All this time I had been a model patient, and now this. Somethg funny is going on in this office,and I'm not sure what it is. I just hope no one has to go thru what I did.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by SB on May 24th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Foley going on 4 yrs now. Yes, in the past there were some long waits, and rude office staff. I can assure you that things have changed drastically. Over the last 8 months or so, I have had waiting periods of no more than 15 minutes. The staff she has had for the last year or so, are wonderful!! They are licensed, professional individuals that are helpful and friendly. Honestly, I'm sure the ones in the past were licensed,as well. As far as the Dr herself.... She is GREAT! I have never had a problem with her!! Once you are an established patient, and have been given proper diagnosis, there is no need for her to sit in an exam room with you for 30 minutes every visit!!!! She does follow-ups to be sure your meds are working and you aren't experiencing any new issues! It only takes a few minutes to do this. It's not that she doesn't care about you, or doesn't want to take the time, it's simply not necessary. Basically, she is a great Doc, with great staff. I would definately suggest going to her! You have to keep in mind that she is a PAIN doc, and unfortunately she is going to have patients that become addicted to their meds and keep asking for more and more, or they take unprescribed meds and can't pass their drug screen, so she eventually has to discontinue treatment. She has guidelines that each and every patient are informed of on the first appt. they sign a pain contract agreeing to follow these rules, and if they mess up she reserves the right to discharge them....as every pain mgmt clinic does! So just do what you are supposed to do, and she is very fair!

Sep 11th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Foley for about 9 months. I have no complaints on my treatment. My BIG complaint is 6 out of 9 months my appointment has been rescheduled. It is hard enough to get time off work and then they change your appointment at the last minute. Also, the wait time is so frustrating. Why do doctors think that our time is not important to us. I am concerned about some of the reviews I have read but what are we patients that really need help to do? We need our pain meds and due to low-lifes trying to get pills when they don't need them, we can't get our meds from our primary care physician anymore. SUCKS!

What?!? show details What?!?
May 22nd, 2012

Nice Dr in general, but the wait was WAY too long and the office staff were rude.

Feb 7th, 2012

She has changed from a trusting caring doc to the exact opposite. Not sure what else to say:(

better think twice show details better think twice
Jan 15th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Foleys for a few months or so when she went missing and was being investigated.As far as having pill counts,I imagine that there are a lot of patients who are there just to get the pills,but that does not mean that everyone should be treated as such.I followed all the rules to the letter and was accused of not taking medications as instructed.What was not considered was that Myself and quite a few of her other patients were left without medication for five or more days without any notice.I since have found another doctor that seems to be a little more responsible and more concientious where his patients are concerned.Good luck to you and god be with be with you if you try using her .

Very caring doctor. show details Very caring doctor.
Sep 26th, 2011

Dr Foley has saved my life. I met her about 5 years ago. I have terrible pain in my lower back and have been suffering with this for 15 years. At the point when I met her I was in a very bad place due to taking pain medicines for over 10 years. Her insight and caring helped me to get to a much better place physically,mentally. I truely believe had I not met her there's a good chance I wouldn't be alive today. Her practice has been though a tough time of late but I have no doubt she will get it straight and be very succesfull. If you need help don't delay MAKE AN APPT TODAY!!

Sep 14th, 2011

Dr.Foley and her staff are very professional.Its unfortunate that people dont get their way,an have to go to this level.Ive been a pt.of hers for a while now.An I know for a fact she spends time,she ask you always how are you doing.An then its up to you to go into detail.If you dont then no,your appt. will be short.Sometimes is there a wait,sure there is,Ive had to wait at plenty other dr. offices for my appt. as well.Sometimes there is emergency,the pt b4 you could take longer with her.an that will make you have to wait a little longer.Ive never heard her yell at no pt.Be rude to nobody in any way.An if you feel that way then yes you should go to a new Dr.An Im sure she would tell you the same.There is guidelines she has to follow.an if you overstep them,an she has to take action.That isnt her or her staffs fault.Ive never had a bad experience at her office.an will continue to be her pt.

uncaring and rude show details uncaring and rude
Nov 22nd, 2010

staff are uncaring and act like you are a bother.Dr. Foley herself is almost always late and/or missing.Has left many patients without pain management for up to 7 days at times.ashe is not a good listener and absolutely believes she knows how and what you are feeling.She is at best a fair doctor and at worst an unfeeling ,irresponsible physician to her patients.Only go there if you absolutely have any other options.

Patient's parent show details Patient's parent
Sep 17th, 2009

She would not let me come in with my underaged child. She was rude and I actually witnessed her yell at other patients in the lobby! We will never go there again. She over medicated him would not explain why.