Dr. Reginald Bell Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Reginald Bell?

Great care before surgery, horrible after

Posted on September 18th, 2017

Dr. Bell was great before surgery during the two appointments that I had with him, neither of which felt rushed. However, after surgery for placement of an Enterra device for gastroparesis, I went in for a follow-up appointment 5 months later (after being told by email from Kate that there was no need for me to come in, even though my mom was specifically told by Dr. Bell that I needed to come for a follow-up) and I was informed that now that I've had the surgery, I am no longer allowed to see/speak with Dr. Bell and can only speak with his nurse, Kate, "who knows just as much as Dr. Bell". The receptionist even told me while I was checking in that day that Dr. Bell had an opening in his schedule right then, but I still wasn't permitted to see him. Nor did the person scheduling my appointment inform me that even though I said "I'd like to make an appointment with Dr. Bell", she was scheduling me with Kate. I told Kate that I could feel the device shocking me and that there were periods where I would curl up in a ball and cry for 2 or 3 days because I was in such excruciating pain from these shocks. She insisted that the device was working correctly because the settings hadn't changed themselves and the fact that I'd gained weight proved that it was working. Additionally, she said "You would know if you felt it shocking you" and she wanted to increase the Enterra's power!! Fortunately, I convinced her to turn it off before she rushed out of the room. Having the device turned off for the past 1.5 years has been the greatest thing ever- I will happily be nauseous every day for the rest of my life if it means that I don't have to receive painful internal shocks every time I move and then have my concerns shot down by a nurse and be told that once you have surgery, you aren't allowed to speak to the doctor. I've been to a variety of doctors for various medical conditions, and not once at any other clinic have I been told I wasn't allowed to speak with the doctor. If you're looking for a doctor to perform Enterra surgery, I would recommend looking on the Medtronic website- there are 2 other doctors that perform Enterra surgery in Colorado- 1 in the Denver area and 1 in Colorado Springs. Unfortunately, neither of them take my insurance, so if I decide to turn the device back on in the future, it looks like I'll be going to Phoenix or San Diego- the 12 extra hours each way of driving will be worth it to not just have my concerns brushed off by a nurse.

Dr. Bell and his staff are wonderful!

Posted on May 2nd, 2017

I went to Dr. Bell after a year of having stomach issues and ulcers on my esophagus. Dr. Bell had me do several tests to determine what was going on. After discussions we decided to do laparoscopic fundoplication surgery. It is working so far. I'm so glad that I had the surgery. His staff is also wonderful and very helpful in answering questions I had. I highly recommend Dr. Bell and his office.

Wonderful Service

Posted on September 29th, 2016

Dr. Bell and his office were wonderful. Very helpful and comforting.

Satisfied GERD Patient

Posted on July 24th, 2015

For the past 1 1/2 years, I have undergone treatment for a pretty bad form of GERD in Reno, NV. My existing GI told me after my last EGD not to come back until I had the Nissen Fundoplication surgery. Since that time, I have been trying to get a doctor to help me with surgical options. I have traveled to Denver to see Dr. Bell due to his expertise and the friendliness of his staff. Dr. Bell is the only one who listened and is doing something about my conidition. Both he and Kate - the Nurse Practitioner - are amazing individuals!! They completely understand what I am going through and their entire staff is courteous and accommodating beyond compare. I highly recommend Dr. Bell and his office for their services and am excited for the years to come.

Posted on April 29th, 2015

Dr. Bell did an excellent job in completing my surgery. Kate Freeman has been helpful and has always been prompt in getting back to me. Office staff were always helpful.

Care only about money

Posted on February 5th, 2014

you have to wait to see doctor, staff NOT friendly. When you see doctor after he gives his opinion if you don't decide to go with it he's out of room can't talk with him on the phone about diagnosis.. only cares about money

Very professional and kind