Surgical Specialist
6535 N Charles St
Ste 600
Towson, MD 21204
443-849-4270
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  Lumbar Fusion L2-S1  |  show details
by Robin Smo on Jul 3rd, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Davis for 14 yrs. He is simply the best and I would not go to anyone else. That is why I travel 3 hours just to be treated by Dr.Davis. Having been in a motor vehicle accident 18 yrs ago I am still having residual effects from that accident. In 2000, I had lumbar surgery for discectomy at two levels and that surgery was very successful. Then in 2010, I began to have problems with my Lt. arm with numbness and tingling. Dr. Davis fused my C3-C4 level with plate and screws. This surgery was also successful with all pain and numbness completely gone. At this time he suggested that I have my back surgery done soon as I was having some symptoms but I felt that I was managing the symptoms ok on my own as the symptoms would come and go. At of the beginning of 2014, my back symptoms were increasing and I knew that it was time for me to have another lumbar surgery. This time Dr. Davis suggested that we do the full fusion and I wanted this as well. I had the L2-S1 fusion with rods and screws done on May 14-15. This was a two day surgery. First surgery he went in to insert the artificial spacers and the second surgery was the fusion. I am now 7 weeks post-op and I am feeling great. I have no pain, only soreness at the lower lumbar area which I take Tylenol, All numbness and pain that were present in the posterior Rt.leg and Lt. leg before surgery are now gone. Dr Davis is very caring and he took the time to explain this surgery with using the models of the spine to show me what he would be doing. I will be returning to work when my FMLA runs out. I recommend Dr. Davis to everyone that is having back problems For me he is a God send and very grateful for having him as my doctor.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Roger Moore on Jun 29th, 2013

None

|  Think twice before you go here  |  show details
by Tim S. on Jun 1st, 2013

After my initial appointment, which I got immediately, it started going downhill with this doctor. Was made to feel that the need for surgery was critical so within a couple of weeks I was on the table. I was nervous and concerned as this would be the first time I'd ever had surgery in my 58 year life. Once I was signed up, contact with this doctor was almost non-existant. Cervical Fusion Surgery went well, no pain, and I went home the next day. The doctor spent less than 10 total minutes with me- before surgery and afterward. However, problems with the use of my hand persisted and my calls to his office went unheeded. I couldn't get past the gatekeeper. Finally, my wife called and ripped into them and I finally got another audience - a full 10 minutes - and the doctor feigned surprise that I had such a difficult time contacting him. I was told the surgery went well, he didn't see any additional problems and I should see someone (no recommendations) for therapy. Funny, that since he saw no need for additional surgery at that time, I was readily dismissed. Now, two years later, the same problems are upon me and MRI shows damage that would appear to have been present, though not as advanced, at my first surgery. There is NO WAY I would even consider going back to this doctor. There are plenty of doctors with even better credentials. I can only hope that they are more caring toward the patient than they are of adding another notch to their scalpel.

Feb 22nd, 2012

Dr. Davis operated on me. Not happy at all. We had to wait for him to arrive the day of surgery. After surgery, he left before I awoke. He told me that I would be painfree. Wrong. From the time awoke until now, I have been in pain and is getting worse. Could never talk to him on phone, his nurses never allowed me to. I had to make an appointment so I could talk to him and believe me, I told him what I thought of him. He told us that I was his 13 patient that complained. Now I am waiting to get operated on again by a doctor who knows what he is doing and who cares.

|  Excellent Dr If you can stand the hassle  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

Dr Davis is a wonderful surgeon,the problem I see with his practice is the patient can never call him,or anyone one else in his practice.Always a answering service that never returns your calls.I waited for a follow up call after seeing him,he promised to call me the next day ,3 weeks later someone in his office called with results.Dr Davis needs better follow thru when he promises patients call backs.

May 24th, 2011

Dr.Davis gave me my life back. When I first saw him I had been unable to work as a R.N. due to a severe spinal injury. I had cortisone injections and IDET procedure in Wilmington, DE, all unsuccessful. The neurosurgeons that I saw in Wilmington, DE stated there was nothing available to help me. Dr. Davis stated I needed an anterior spinal fusion of L4-L5 and L5-S1. I underwent this surgery and after a year of physical rehab. I was able to return to full nursing duties. I lost 4 years of my career and was receiving social security disability due to the lack of treatment by Wilmington DE doctors. I am deeply grateful for the blessing of Dr. Reginald Davis.

|  He saved me from paralysis.  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Excellent bedside manner. Exuded confidence which made me more at ease.

May 16th, 2011

He saved my life. Arnold Chiari 2

|  Angella Faimanifo  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

He is an incredible Doctor. I would urge anyone having back or neck problems to RUN to see him. Seriously he is incredible. Hands down the best I have seen, or had the pleasure of being operated on by. He is incredible

by Jim on Aug 18th, 2010

Very Very happy with my experience with Dr. Davis. He is a world renowned Physician, comes highly recommended. The staff is awesome as well and I would recommend my family and friends to him!Best bedside manner.

May 13th, 2010

Have worse problems after fusion surgery and this doctor could care less.Don't trust him at all.

|  Office Visit  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2010

Had back fusion. Still have problems. Suffer from back spasms which I never had before. During one office visit Dr. took phone call left office and never returned. Good doctor, but beside manner needs some work. Initial visit was great and dr. spent a good 30 with me. Scheduling surgery takes 2 -3 months.

|  stay clear  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2009

do not use - very poor skills.