Dr. Reginald Strother MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Athens, GA

1.9

July 27th, 2016
his staff is very rude and impolite. he cares about pleasing workers comp. and not the patient. he does not tell the truth. there is no way to build a relationship of trust with him.

June 26th, 2016
former patient
Gets you mixed up with other patients, gets your info all crossed up and confused, cares not what you have to say or about your pain or problems, eager to make you feel like a number who at his very confused discretion can just be dropped and thrown out ...even if you have seen him several times each time is like a new meeting that is cold and you are made to feel like just another one come to beg for drugs and you feel you have to convince him of your pain each time and even if another doctor in practice has you on a long time plan that works great, he'll snatch you off and downgrade it just cause he can or because he has another file in hand that day and calls you liar and says you have NOT been on that mecicine for four years...an hour later if lucky a nurse or other doctor clarifies the mix up and you are off hook a little but he still makes you feel like you did something wrong and he got tangled in it ...after all your file should have been magically in his hand god forbid he have to pay attention and read the name and info closely..he's God and he's there to make you feel little and let you know how little you matter and on to the next one... I'd not let him comfort a hurting animal if he was only doctor cause he'd make them feel sad and hopeless and give them a speech and wrong meds. He should be banned from practicing medicine.

March 24th, 2016
Very Disrepectful Doctor
I agree with the previous reviews.NO compassion, DOES NOT take time out to listen to the patient. EXTREMELY rude< EXTREMELY disrespectful. Will NOT allow the patient to speak. If he allows the patient to speak one word this doctor cuts him short. This is NOT good nor does it serves good medical practice for which this doctor has been assigned a medical license. This doctor prescribed a pain patch for me for 2 months and abruptly discontinued it because I refused to follow up with an injection surgery. Isnt that the patient's right to determine what is best for themselves? Since I refused the follow up injection he quickly cut me off the pain patch. I am on blood thinners and my cardiologist did not give me clearance for an injection follow up. This was told to this doctor, but he quickly cut me off. The total time you may ask for this visit was 5 minutes. Something is very wrong with this pain center and I advise whoever is reading this, its not worth the visit.

August 17th, 2015
Dr strother labeled me as soon as he met me he did not bother to listen to my concerns and I wish I could get a new doctor

March 31st, 2015
Quack
I would never recommend Dr Struther. I question his "expertise". Walked out in more pain than I went in with, no relief, no confidence in in treatment plan, he never even told me his treatment plan. He never once looked at me, only an older MRI, my condition has worsened since MRI date. He leaves any real work to the secretary. I felt judged and attacked because I questioned his tactics. The bad reviews are TRUE. He is so enveloped in his own God Complex that he has no compassion unless you are terminal and dying or are old and about to die, in so many words that's what he told me. If you choose this practice, do not schedule with him. I still have not heard from any management about my concerns and why I have self discharged.

December 30th, 2014
Uncocerned and non caring doctor
I have been going here for many years now and Dr Strother has been my dotor the entire time. Over the years he has become unconcerned about his patients and their well being. When you try to discuss your care and concerns about your health, Dr Strother will not listen. For months I have asked to see him, but it's like he refuses to see me. Every appointment scheduled, is scheduled with another doctor. Nicole James, PA; is a rude, smart mouth, lieing and unprofessional woman. She to, will not listen concerns. I had been having problems and even needed surgery, I tried mutiple times to discuss the issue with him, but he would never meet with me. I would see him in the back area, but he would not even make eye contact with me. I had asked to get a copy of my medical records, when I received them they had copies of another patients records included in with mine, when I brought it to there attention the rude office staff act as if it was no big deal. When performing procedures, Dr Strother is always joking around and having personal conversations with whom ever is in the room to assist him. The front office staff is rude with smart mouths, which is unncessary and not the way to respond to patients. This office has gone down over the the last couple years. If you're looking for a doctor that will listen and care about your health and well being, this is not the place to go!

December 2nd, 2014
Dirty Rude Bastard
This man is not worried about the patient. He seriously has a "God Complex". Whatever he says is the law. I don't like him, and the reception at the front desk (multiple receptionists) is awful. You can stand there 10 or 20 minutes at a time just waiting to be acknowledged. Do not go to this clinic if you value your time, it will not be appreciated. This doctor is rude and disrespectful, and seems to think if you don' t have private pay insurance (i.e., Medicaid), that you are a drug addict looking for narcotics. He ordered me an MRI and never discussed the results of it with me, all he told me was that he would never prescribe me narcotic pain medication. To which I replied, "I don't recall asking you for any, all I want to know is what is wrong with my back!"

September 11th, 2012
Horrible Man
Do not go see this man if you actually want someone to listen to you. He was extremely cold and refused to help diagnose my pain. After being sent to get every test in the book, he then to me since he couldn't find the source if my pain he would not treat me while we continued to look for it. On both visits I had to wait over 2 hours to be seen. This practice is horrible.

September 11th, 2012
This guy is horrible!
He does not listen and is actually a very cold person. Make sure you are not in pain when you see him because apparently he only treats crackheads and ...

October 21st, 2010
Glorified Drug Dealers - rude and don't know what they're doing!
This place is ridiculous. The staff is rude, and Dr. Strother does not seem qualified to be an anesthesiologist. I had to wait over an hour each visit (sometimes much longer), and when he was in the room, he was too busy talking about his life, the weather, etc. and spent no time talking about the injury. I had an MRI, and they said it was my facet...two years later (after I went to them month-after-month and received three injections), I went to a reputable doctor in Atlanta who read the same MRI and said I had an obvious disc herniation/anular tear. The office always smelled bad, and the whole process from door to door was arduous and disorganized. I would not recommend this practice to anyone except a crack-head.