Never let me down yet! show details Never let me down yet!
Mar 19th, 2015

He is a wonderful doctor and I recommend him.

I recommend him show details I recommend him
by Ken M on Oct 29th, 2014

Dr. Ahmad is thorough and professional. He answers questions thoroughly and thoughtfully. He can't waive a magic wand and fix you, though. If you're diabetic you must do your part to manage your condition.

NO NO NO show details NO NO NO
by J.S. on Oct 13th, 2014

Worst doctor I have ever seen, without exaggeration. I went to see him because my regular endocrinologist was on maternity leave and my blood work showed my dosage of thyroid medications wasn't high enough. Instead, Dr. Rehan took me off thyroid medication entirely---medication I had been on for four years--- without even tapering off. He looked at my charts and decided that I never had thyroid disease in the first place. Boy, was he wrong. And every doctor I've seen since then who has looked at the same exact charts and blood testing has said so (endocrinologists, general practitioners, etc.). I was crashing within a week of being off of the medications, and called his office to plead for medication. He called back personally and basically accused me of being a hypochondriac, saying that there is no way I would feel the change in medications after only a week. This, of course, has also been proven false by multiple doctors. The reverberations of not tapering down lasted months. I am finally back on the dosage he should have put me on when I saw him in June 2014, and it is OCTOBER 2014. There are only a handful of endocrinologists in the Hudson Valley, so the situation is rather dire if you can't get an appointment, but DO NOT turn to him!!

always a contradiction! show details always a contradiction!
by Bob on Apr 27th, 2014

I have been to this doctor several times because of my T-level concerns. He is contradictory and doesn't help to get me where I need to be. He wants to put the blame on another health issue when I know what works for me. I am back to being listless and very depressed. No get up and go, sex drive null, nothing since my T-replacement therapy has stopped, again. If you find something that works, stay with it. I can't write a prescription for replacement gel or injections on my own. No what? My level is not high enough for my norm.

by Phil G on Mar 7th, 2013

He was very helpful in helping me when I had a severe thyroid problem. His diagnosis and trreatment from Day 1 was excellent!! Marion and the rest of his staff are very professional and care about you! Thanks for your excellent service and care

Smart Doc show details Smart Doc
Oct 3rd, 2012

My sugar was out of control. By following Dr. Ahmad's recommendations, I am doing great!

Jul 11th, 2012

Very Pleased with Dr. Ahmad.I've been with him for 9 years and trust him and office staff.

terrible show details terrible
Jul 10th, 2012

never returned call even during a medical emergency,never fully treated my problem. didnt care about any of my symptoms always said i was fine. had to change doctors.

Jun 7th, 2012

Dr. Ahmad is probably very knowledgeable in his field, but I didn't like his manner at all. Perhaps it was just a personal clash, but I felt that he was always rude and bristled when I asked questions or had concerns. He talked to me with his back to me as he studied the computer.

Mar 29th, 2012

Dr great, staff rude and indepenant show details Dr great, staff rude and indepenant
Sep 19th, 2011

Dr. Ahmad is fantastic but his staff are another story. We've tried for a few months now to get them to place prescritions with our provider and they seemingly ignore us because they don't like to deal with Medco. They say they don't know what Medco will call the presription so they don't want to place it and have it returned. I even called them with the exact description Medco uses and a week later they haven't faxed it in. It's bad and to the point that I'm speaking with Dr. Ahmad to complain next time I'm in.

Jun 7th, 2011

Dr. Ahmad is extremely methodical with courses of action and his explanations. I have osteoporosis which continues to worsen but he is eager to try new procedures, contact other professionals for their opinions, etc. His primary nurse is very competent and follows through with insurance authorizations.

Great sugar control show details Great sugar control
Dec 25th, 2009

He has brought my diabetes under excellent control. My HgA1c went from 9.5 to 6!!!

he actually cares!!! show details he actually cares!!!
May 7th, 2008

when i met him i realized that he actually really cares for his patients...he doesn't just see you as a number...i have had diabetes for 11 years and this is the best control i have had.....i feel great...