Dr. Rehana Latif MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

December 9th, 2016
Her arrogant, "I'll be the judge of that" attitude is exactly the wrong one with adolescents.

July 12th, 2015
Worst psychiatrists ever!
Do not go to this psychiatrist !! Her behavior is OUTRAGEOUS . After one + hours in the waiting room you will meet the most callous , scattered , rude and judge mental psychiatrist . She never knows who you are, what your issues are and what medication you are taking nor does she care. I tolerated this pill mill set- up because she accepted my insurance. She makes judgements on ethnicity , for example saying all Germans are cold and you can't expect "them" to be more than programmed robots . It's genetics. She is perpetually annoyed, irritated and makes it clear she wants you out of her office as soon as possible. I brought my son in for depression and she took an immediate dislike to him and it made quite obvious in the way she looked at and spoke to him. She talked about me and my son behind my back without my permission and accused me of " creating a Monster" . Maybe she confused him with another child because in the few minutes she met with him he was just a depressed 12 year old who needed medication. She attacked my ability as a parent which she is sadly mistaken! She is the monster and will be lucky if I don't report her to the medical board of ethics. She is truly despicable person .

May 13th, 2015
Waiting time is at least 1 hour +. Staff is rude an uncaring. The doctor shares private info without consent. She posts "forbidden" notices all over the waiting room and reception. Charges for everything. Very bad for giving new meds that only make matters worse. This doctor and her sister who also works there should subjected for a deep investigation. The only purpose is money.

April 24th, 2015
DON'T SEE DR. R. LATIF! (she doesn't get one star from me, even!)
Dr. Latif will be a memorable Dr for me, but I am sure she has already forgotten about me. I stopped seeing her 3 months ago and have not been able to trust enough to find a new psychiatrist since then. Every appointment that I had, the wait time was always at least an hour and a half. That usually ended up being up to 3 hours most visits. She constantly overbooked her clients and then when you met with her she would insist that your appointment was earlier that day. Latif forgot everything about me as soon as I would leave. Each new visit she had to refer to her computer the entire time. She would ask me the same "first day questions" each visit. I saw her at least 3 times a month. Other then needing therapy and medication I also have another lifelong, incurable, physical illness. She would swear that she understood everything about it, but then would ask what the disease was called every other visit. Including a question about what it was. Latif would constantly prescribe medication that clashed with my other medication and would not pay attention to these important details. She often spoke with sarcasm and harsh ignorance. Latif would also come out of her office after sessions and make fun of her patients outside in front of other patients waiting to be seen. She didn't ever fail to display her unprofessional behavior. Along with the making fun of them, Dr. Rehana Latif would also argue with her patients and belittle them loudly and without care. The last time I was in her office, this happened to me. During our visit, her unprofessional behavior crossed the line and I became upset. I couldn't help but cry and feel panicked. She opened her office door and FORCED the situation into the main area, continuing to yell at me. I was having a panic attack at that point and she kept going until she just called another patient and walked into her office with them. The only person in that office that was absolutely wonderful was the secretary. You know who you are. Thank you for bringing me tissues and water and for helping me get my things in order to leave the office that day. So if you want to see an unprofessional doctor who prescribes different medications at whim, forgets you after each session, doesn't care or listen, is aggressive, sarcastic, nasty, and should just stop practicing altogether see this woman!

January 25th, 2015
a true nightmare
i went to dr.latif because both my mom and brother had gone to her before. we moved out of the area, so it was a 1hr drive. I was about 15 when i visited her. She told me i couldnt be bi-polar (something i was diagnosed with ) because i "wasnt" reckless enough. she prescribed things i had already taken, een though i told her they did not work for me. she prescribed me medications together that i looked up online after wards, and it says TO NEVER take them together. One time she told me to take melotonin for sleep problems, and the next visit i was telling her about it she says she would NEVER tell a young woman to take melotonin cause it messes up the menstrual cycle. she forgets everything that happens in your session, basis treatment on whatever skewed image she has of you, and drugs you up just cause. on my last visit she told me she hoped i could become independent of my boyfriend and live a successful life. this was not even a matter i had an issue with, or ever talked about with her. i truly believe she brought that up just to be spiteful and have the last word. please avoid at all costs.

June 6th, 2014
Reliable local flexible
Listens, cares. Willing to adjust meds. Doesnt force anything

August 12th, 2013
She drugged me with Zoloft from the age of 14-18. I spent my adolescence a zombie. Said she had never heard of someone my age self injuring before! Did not care to find out the root of my issues. If I got in trouble or failed a test my meds went up, if I behaved they went down. I now have a MA in Mental Health Counseling and based on everything I've learned she was truly the most indifferent and unprofessional Psychiatrist I've ever come across. The dosage I was given is the same given to adults. She can not be trusted. After each session she would call my father in and tell him everything I said, and then my father would proceed to tell her how he thought I was doing and whether he thought my medication should go up and whatever else I chose not to share with her.Where's the client counselor relationship? After all those years she never remembered my name or anything about me without reading her file. My parents were confused and scared and just trying to help and they put all their trust in her. On my last day she said "I don't know if this helped you at all. Take care"

March 22nd, 2012
there must be better
dr. is very nice and doesn't rush you out, but quick to prescribe medications. reception staff is awful. the don't communicate messages or calls to md, inconsiderate by overbooking patients and leave you waiting much onger than you have to if you don't speak up.

March 9th, 2011
I have been under the care of Dr. Rehana Latif for some 9 years. Her receptivity towards patients is outstanding and considerate. Not only is she an open, caring, sympathetic listener but her ability to get to the root of a problem is exceptional. She is right-on perceptive about people's problems, concerns, and dilemmas. Likewise, Dr. Latif is thoughtful and takes the time to offer a considered approach to managing problems. Not in any way does she dictate a solution. Rather she helps the client look at the issue in a way that the client sees a way of organizing a solution.Not only that, Dr. Latif's warmth and intelligence makes the visit an enjoyable experience. My highest recommendations!

June 27th, 2010
pleasant and courteous

May 20th, 2010
Please do yourself a favor and don"t use this Doctor
Administers medication only, always late , books too many patients, does not send in paperwork. famous last words if the receptionist tells you she has to "check the doctor", this means no one has done anything for you

May 3rd, 2010
review
She is VERY nice. Never on time. Insightful. Just gives meds. Her assistant is mad at the world and miserable.