Emergency Physicians, Internist, Nephrologist (kidney)

Upper West Side
West Side Medical Pavilion
137 W 96th St
New York, NY 10025
212-749-7400
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Poor bedside manners & outdated office and equipment  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2011

The biggest problem is the wait. I have seen people wait a very long time no matter when you visit. The next problem is when you go for simple cold virus, and they give you a complete workup (chest x-ray, EKG, etc, etc.) Its all money making tactics. However, I must say that every time I have gone, the prescribed medications have worked quickly and has never warranted a re-visit. I used to see Dr. Rafiq Jan at that location.....and he was another money making doctor who did unnecessary battery of tests.

|  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

She's rude to her employee's and has no manners!

|  THE HORROR  |  show details
by SABA on Jan 5th, 2010

Dr. Zaman and her staff are functioning at a very primative level. At my wife's last visit, I accompanied her and after 2 hour wait. I demanded that the doctor see her right away. From noon to 2pm there were only 4 patients and when I made my demand there were only 3 patients waiting. A medical Asstistant stated that the Dr. was working on Patient files. I replied to her: "that fine, but she should be doing that in between patients! Please let her know what I said." My wife called into the office shortly thereafter. While she was in the office I requested a copy of my medical records; so I could take with me in search of a different Dr. I was told "just have the other medical office contact them and they would fax it. I responded O.K., but I still want to leave with a copy. After about 10 minutes Dr. Zaman came out and asked: "who are you and who is your Dr.?" I was totally shocked at the question. I told her my named and that she has my wife in her office. I then let her know that she was in fact my primary physician. I guess to her patients are only chart numbers!!!

|  show details
by Benjamin on Mar 9th, 2009

Doctors Zaman and Zaman (it's a husband/wife practice) always OVER-PRESCRIBE drugs!I went there because my ear was blocked. He knew right away it was a nasal blockage, which was great. But then the trouble started.Dr. Muhammed Zaman prescribed me with 14 hits of CIPRO (completely unnecessary for a blocked nose) and 28 hits of ZYRTEC (an overdose).The Zamans are cheap doctors. Their methods are backward and out of date, their equipment is antiquated, and like most cheap doctors, they prescribe you with too many drugs.Avoid them.