Surgical Specialist, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dentist

Feb 4th, 2016

Best oral surgeon in town. Friendly and absolutely no complications.

Rude when asked questions show details Rude when asked questions
Jan 30th, 2016

I should start with that Dr. Blanchaert was not my surgeon, Dr. Harris was (and he was very good, and had an excellent attitude), so I can't necessarily comment on his professionalism during the consultation or surgery. I have only the bottom wisdom teeth, and had those removed on the 26th. Anyway, due a small error from my ride, I didn't know to ice my mouth within the first 24 hours, and for some reason didn't remember the attendants mentioning it. So, my swelling (and the pain from it) was more intense than it should've been. I don't have a high pain tolerance, and also suffer from anxiety, so small things can worry me a lot, and I've never officially had surgery before. I first called the morning of the 27th around 3 to see if I could do anything else for the pain I woke up from, that the pain meds didn't seem to work on at the moment. My pain was probably between a 7-8 on a 1-10 scale, and admittedly, I was in tears. Dr. Blanchaert was the only person on call, and answered. He really didn't provide me with much answers to help with the pain besides go take the pain meds, and then told me it was normal, and it would be alright. But told me in such a way that I felt like I was being brushed aside. After that, I probably called the office during regular hours maybe twice more with questions again for the swelling (like I said, anxiety). Then, yesterday (Friday, the 30th), I had called the office again, and since it was after hours, was connected with Dr. Blanchaert again. This time, I had a different question for the swelling. As I woke up, the swelling had gone down in the time frame they said it would. However, soon after taking the pain meds (or the medicated mouthwash I was perscribed), swelling returned not just in my cheeks, but in my neck. I had difficulty moving my neck/head, and started to feel pressure being put onto my throat (which eventually I would have to hold my head up to breathe properly). I simply wanted to know if swelling in the neck and this pressure was normal, as it was driving not just my anxiety up, but I'm also asthmatic, and any breathing problems gives me a panic attack. He proceeded to tell me that he couldn't diagnose over the phone (which is understandable, mostly), but when I mentioned the difficulty in breathing again, he gave me a sort of patronizing answer of going to the ER or not. He also recalled I had called him at 3 the other morning, and made some offhand, rude comment on that. I told him that I was just worried if this was normal, and he got a little more aggressive and told me that it would be alright, I needed to relax, and that I needed to stop calling. And then more or less hung up. Soon after that, as I felt the pressure in my cheeks and neck growing, and my brother confirming that my neck looked very swollen, I decided that I needed to go to the ER. Went to the West Wesley ER, where they promptly took me in, checked me over, and proceeded to agree that I was either having an allergic reaction to the pain meds, or this was a reaction from an oral infection, or a combination of the two. And I was immediately put on an IV and given several injections that eventually brought down the swelling. So, I'm submitting this review of my dissatisfaction with the care and thought of Dr. Blanchaert; as his comments, brushing off of my concerns, and overall questionable answers of my concerns put me in a heightened sense of anxiety.

DO NOT recommend him show details DO NOT recommend him
Dec 25th, 2015

He removed my four wisdom teeth - I went to him for follow-up care regarding a possible infection in my mouth. He said at THREE different appointments that I did not have an infection and basically dismissed me. I went to my dentist the next week following my final appointment with Blanchaert - the dentist confirmed that I DID have an infection. I went through WEEKS of pain because Blanchaert didn't seem to care. Horrible bedside manner. One appointment I went to he spent less than a minute with me. I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend him. Save your time and money and go see one of the other oral surgeons.

by Marcia Phillips Gray RN on Oct 9th, 2015

Dentist and staff were confused thinking I was there for an extraction vs a consultation-which is what I scheduled. He did not introduce himself, did not review my ALLERGIES or medical history. Put medication in my mouth that I was ALLERGIC to and almost injected medication I am ALLERGIC to. Refused to retutn my consultation fee even though I had an allergic reaction and had to take medication to stop the reaction he caused due to his negligence. Following the appointment my 31 yr old daughter advised me how rude the staff were to her.

Patient/ Dr. show details Patient/ Dr.
by Father on Mar 28th, 2015

Remey Blanchaert is a troll. The absolute worst bedside manner I have experienced. His personality borders on pathalogical and his lack of concern or awareness of his own behavior should, at least concern you. This Dr should NOT be used if you have any history of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or have been a victim of violent crime/ sexual assault. This will be a triggering event and there will be little concern if your experience is poor/traumatic. There are equally qualified Docs in town who possess far greater patient skill and concern, you would be wise to vist with them before agreeing to subject yourself or your child to this man.

Not kid friendly ... show details Not kid friendly ...
by mom on Feb 5th, 2015

Had to take my kids to him due to them being scared of having a few teeth pulled for.braces. he told them in detail what he was gunna do then bullied them on what he would do if they got scared! THIS MAN IS A FREAK AND A BULLY! WHAT.GROWN MAN AND A DR terrifies children? ! We left on that note he will NOT TOUCH MY CHILDREN OR EARN MONEY FROM US!!!

Jan 22nd, 2015

He is a great surgeon. He is caring and takes his time with you.

Jan 9th, 2015

Needs to work on bedside manner.

Extremely Satified show details Extremely Satified
Dec 8th, 2014

I had a bone graft done earlier this year and h ave been extremely satified. He was the nicest doctor and all his staff have been very helpful. I had to be put under for the surgery for 1.5 hours and when I woke up it felt like it had been only 20 mins. They explained everything and made sure I had someone come with me to drive me home or they wouldn't be able to do the surgery. It was easy to get an appoint and they started on time. I also came back to have a different tooth pulled and it was fast and virtually painless. I would highly reccommed him.

by Hunter on Aug 4th, 2014

My daughters surgery went very well! He did an awesome job! She has no bruising or swelling and is in very little pain!

Very Unsatisfied! show details Very Unsatisfied!
Feb 20th, 2014

My step dad was diagnosed with oral cancer and was referred to dr Blanchaert. We heard that he was the best surgeon for the job but were very concerned by the reviews online. It turns out all of the negative reviews were spot on. He does not like being interrupted so that we can ask questions. When we do ask questions he acts like we are complete morons and should automatically know everything. He has belittled us numerous times. He's very rude and arrogant and has NO bedside manner what so ever. After my dad's surgery he explained everything and when we asked him a question he had the nerve to laugh at us. We were worried and wanted to make sure we understood everything correctly and when he laughed at us it made us feel like he thought we were stupid. Every time my dad goes in for an appointment it never fails, dr Blanchaert is extremely rude. I would and never will suggest this doctor to anyone I know. I worked for a doctors office and couldn't imagine treating a patient the way he and his staff treat people. It's ridiculous and I honestly don't know how he keeps patients!!

May 2nd, 2012

longest I have ever waited in any medical/dental office ever..will never wait there again, as I will use another dentist in the future!

May 2nd, 2012

Stay away from this doctor!!! show details Stay away from this doctor!!!
Apr 2nd, 2012

My dad went to see Dr. Blanchaert after he was diagnosed with oral cancer. Never been sick a day in his life, he was very nervous about the surgery and what was to come.We had our 1st appointment with Dr. Blanchaert and I could tell he was very arrogant but we were hoping that just meant that he knew what he was doing. Several days later I called Dr. Blancaert's assistant because my dad was unable to eat and he was getting very weak and also to let them know that the tumor was growing very quickly. I called for advice and to see if we could move the surgery up if at all possible. I was treated as if I was a complete moron and told that that cancer had been there for at least 6 months and I just needed to relax. As for eating, just make him some scrambled eggs and he should be fine! At the preop appt, my dad asked a couple of questions as Dr. Blanchaert was describing the procedure that he would be doing. He became very angry that we were interupting him and left the room. When he came back, he let my dad know in no uncertain terms what the "doctor/patient relationship" looked like. We were to sit and listen until he was finished talking, THEN we could ask questions. We were not rude or disrespectful in any way. We questioned then whether or not that was how things should work. He became even more angry and stormed out of the room saying he would find us a new surgeon, which he did not I might add. That was 8 months ago. My dad passed away last week because his cancer spread so quickly and we didn't get it removed in time. Our new doctor was awful too so it wasn't all Dr. Blanchaert's fault but I honestly believe if he had been able to see past his complete ARROGANCE to a sick old man's fear, my dad would still be with us!!!

best visit in years show details best visit in years
Nov 22nd, 2011

I went in for my initial consultation to remove my top two wisdom teeth. After filling out my paperwork (10 minutes), I was called back to the exam room. Dr Blanchaert came in all smiles, looked at my xrays and the teeth and asked how soon I wanted to get this done. I said ASAP and he said "how about now, there is no need to make another appointment." After being numbed up, it was five minutes later and I was on my way home. Teeth painlessly removed. It is very rare to have a doctor do a procedure right then. No extra office visits, no extra time away from work. This was the best Dr visit I have had in years.Very polite with a great sense of humor. The whole staff was great.

Hummmm.....I'm a bit surprised show details Hummmm.....I'm a bit surprised
Aug 12th, 2011

I read the comments left for Dr. Blanchaert prior to my daughter's first appointment, so was prepared for the worst. Our regular dentist had referred us to him, so we trusted her opinion. He was very nice and caring with her, took the time to answer any questions, provided an accurate diagnosis, removed her wisdom teeth, and followed up in a very professional and caring manner. I thought maybe I'd read comments for the wrong doctor, but think this is him. Our experience was VERY good!!!

Needs to learn how to treat PEOPLE show details Needs to learn how to treat PEOPLE
Mar 22nd, 2011

My 15 y/o son had an consulation with Dr. Blanchaerd regarding his wisdom teeth. My son is autistic. He and I were treated rudely and ultimately not even seen. Dr. Blanchaerd rudely dismissed us and threw the chart on the desk in front and went on to a new patient. I called the office manager who was extremely nice and very concerned. I am also going to report the dr to the dental board.

I would never go back to Dr. Blanchaert. show details I would never go back to Dr. Blanchaert.
Feb 2nd, 2011

I went in a few years ago to get my wisdom teeth removed. First, his office staff in Great Bend, actually one older woman in particular, was incredibly rude to me when I was waking up from being "under." I was still pretty foggy, so she probably thought I wouldn't remember her comments. Very rude.ALSO, I specifically told Dr. Blanchaert to "please be careful not to hit any nerves," since my dentist told me it would be possible. He brushed it off as if he couldnt be told how to do his job. I now have permanent nerve damage thanks to him and his cockiness. My mother had the exact same surgery done by him, and she has nerve damage in the same area of her face as mine. DON'T TRUST HIM.

worst pain ever show details worst pain ever
Nov 12th, 2010

I needed a wisdom tooth pulled. Unfortunately the shots of local he gave me didn't take and he had to give me 2 moe. BUT he didn't wait to see if it would work, jist began immeadiately. After I jumped and screamed from the pain he told me what I was doing "Wasn't helping things" among other rude comments. Rather than offer another pain control option, I was told to just bite down on a piece of rubber for the pain. I paid cash for that appointment and was charged more than originally quoted for the extra shots, but I would have paid even more for a compitent dr with even a small bedside manner

Jan 8th, 2010

Had a very good experience with Dr Blanchaert and his staff. He was very kind and patient with my daughter. I made this comment to his nurse and she added that he is very competent as well. I would definitely give a positive recommendation of him

Concern for patients show details Concern for patients
by Randy T. on Nov 10th, 2009

I had complications with my surgery that were not life threatening. Surgery site did not heal right. Dr. Blanchaert gave me his personal cell phone number. He also saw me in is closed office on a Sunday to be sure everything was OK. Although I did not know it at the time he had planned the following week to take a vacation with his girlfriend and propose marriage. He postponed his vacation/marriage proposal to take care of my problems. I was always treated with respect. He always has an upbeat demeanor and attitude.

Rude Dr. show details Rude Dr.
Sep 21st, 2009

Dr. Blanchard was very rude during my appointment. He lacks people skills. I had difficulty getting an appointment even with an ENT's Dr. referral. I had to go through my dentist to get a referral His office did not respond to the referring physician in a timely manner. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Getting teeth pulled stinks! Dr. Blanchaert made it seem easy! show details Getting teeth pulled stinks! Dr. Blanchaert made it seem easy!
Jul 6th, 2009

Initial appointment had long wait because Dr. was in surgery. Day of surgery no waiting. Staff was very courteous and enjoyable. Dr. Blanchaert gets right to the point and doesn't mess around and I really liked that about him.

Middle of the road show details Middle of the road
Sep 18th, 2008

He did OK with me... not great. Could have spent more time, but I had no pain and his work was very good. By the way, to the last reviewer, Joe Steven is an idiot. Stay far away. He messed up two of my relatives, bad!

very poor beside manner show details very poor beside manner
by beware on Aug 28th, 2008

nothing to make u to feel at ease acted like he was my last option did not put numming agent on before injection of Novacaine was rude and acted he was better than any one else went to joe steven to have extraction it was very pleasant and the staff was real nice