Surgical Specialist, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dentist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Extremely Satified  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2014

I had a bone graft done earlier this year and h ave been extremely satified. He was the nicest doctor and all his staff have been very helpful. I had to be put under for the surgery for 1.5 hours and when I woke up it felt like it had been only 20 mins. They explained everything and made sure I had someone come with me to drive me home or they wouldn't be able to do the surgery. It was easy to get an appoint and they started on time. I also came back to have a different tooth pulled and it was fast and virtually painless. I would highly reccommed him.

by Hunter on Aug 4th, 2014

My daughters surgery went very well! He did an awesome job! She has no bruising or swelling and is in very little pain!

|  Very Unsatisfied!  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2014

My step dad was diagnosed with oral cancer and was referred to dr Blanchaert. We heard that he was the best surgeon for the job but were very concerned by the reviews online. It turns out all of the negative reviews were spot on. He does not like being interrupted so that we can ask questions. When we do ask questions he acts like we are complete morons and should automatically know everything. He has belittled us numerous times. He's very rude and arrogant and has NO bedside manner what so ever. After my dad's surgery he explained everything and when we asked him a question he had the nerve to laugh at us. We were worried and wanted to make sure we understood everything correctly and when he laughed at us it made us feel like he thought we were stupid. Every time my dad goes in for an appointment it never fails, dr Blanchaert is extremely rude. I would and never will suggest this doctor to anyone I know. I worked for a doctors office and couldn't imagine treating a patient the way he and his staff treat people. It's ridiculous and I honestly don't know how he keeps patients!!

May 2nd, 2012

longest I have ever waited in any medical/dental office ever..will never wait there again, as I will use another dentist in the future!

|  Stay away from this doctor!!!  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2012

My dad went to see Dr. Blanchaert after he was diagnosed with oral cancer. Never been sick a day in his life, he was very nervous about the surgery and what was to come.We had our 1st appointment with Dr. Blanchaert and I could tell he was very arrogant but we were hoping that just meant that he knew what he was doing. Several days later I called Dr. Blancaert's assistant because my dad was unable to eat and he was getting very weak and also to let them know that the tumor was growing very quickly. I called for advice and to see if we could move the surgery up if at all possible. I was treated as if I was a complete moron and told that that cancer had been there for at least 6 months and I just needed to relax. As for eating, just make him some scrambled eggs and he should be fine! At the preop appt, my dad asked a couple of questions as Dr. Blanchaert was describing the procedure that he would be doing. He became very angry that we were interupting him and left the room. When he came back, he let my dad know in no uncertain terms what the "doctor/patient relationship" looked like. We were to sit and listen until he was finished talking, THEN we could ask questions. We were not rude or disrespectful in any way. We questioned then whether or not that was how things should work. He became even more angry and stormed out of the room saying he would find us a new surgeon, which he did not I might add. That was 8 months ago. My dad passed away last week because his cancer spread so quickly and we didn't get it removed in time. Our new doctor was awful too so it wasn't all Dr. Blanchaert's fault but I honestly believe if he had been able to see past his complete ARROGANCE to a sick old man's fear, my dad would still be with us!!!

|  best visit in years  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

I went in for my initial consultation to remove my top two wisdom teeth. After filling out my paperwork (10 minutes), I was called back to the exam room. Dr Blanchaert came in all smiles, looked at my xrays and the teeth and asked how soon I wanted to get this done. I said ASAP and he said "how about now, there is no need to make another appointment." After being numbed up, it was five minutes later and I was on my way home. Teeth painlessly removed. It is very rare to have a doctor do a procedure right then. No extra office visits, no extra time away from work. This was the best Dr visit I have had in years.Very polite with a great sense of humor. The whole staff was great.

|  Hummmm.....I'm a bit surprised  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

I read the comments left for Dr. Blanchaert prior to my daughter's first appointment, so was prepared for the worst. Our regular dentist had referred us to him, so we trusted her opinion. He was very nice and caring with her, took the time to answer any questions, provided an accurate diagnosis, removed her wisdom teeth, and followed up in a very professional and caring manner. I thought maybe I'd read comments for the wrong doctor, but think this is him. Our experience was VERY good!!!

|  Needs to learn how to treat PEOPLE  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

My 15 y/o son had an consulation with Dr. Blanchaerd regarding his wisdom teeth. My son is autistic. He and I were treated rudely and ultimately not even seen. Dr. Blanchaerd rudely dismissed us and threw the chart on the desk in front and went on to a new patient. I called the office manager who was extremely nice and very concerned. I am also going to report the dr to the dental board.

|  I would never go back to Dr. Blanchaert.  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

I went in a few years ago to get my wisdom teeth removed. First, his office staff in Great Bend, actually one older woman in particular, was incredibly rude to me when I was waking up from being "under." I was still pretty foggy, so she probably thought I wouldn't remember her comments. Very rude.ALSO, I specifically told Dr. Blanchaert to "please be careful not to hit any nerves," since my dentist told me it would be possible. He brushed it off as if he couldnt be told how to do his job. I now have permanent nerve damage thanks to him and his cockiness. My mother had the exact same surgery done by him, and she has nerve damage in the same area of her face as mine. DON'T TRUST HIM.

|  worst pain ever  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2010

I needed a wisdom tooth pulled. Unfortunately the shots of local he gave me didn't take and he had to give me 2 moe. BUT he didn't wait to see if it would work, jist began immeadiately. After I jumped and screamed from the pain he told me what I was doing "Wasn't helping things" among other rude comments. Rather than offer another pain control option, I was told to just bite down on a piece of rubber for the pain. I paid cash for that appointment and was charged more than originally quoted for the extra shots, but I would have paid even more for a compitent dr with even a small bedside manner

Jan 8th, 2010

Had a very good experience with Dr Blanchaert and his staff. He was very kind and patient with my daughter. I made this comment to his nurse and she added that he is very competent as well. I would definitely give a positive recommendation of him

|  Concern for patients  |  show details
by Randy T. on Nov 10th, 2009

I had complications with my surgery that were not life threatening. Surgery site did not heal right. Dr. Blanchaert gave me his personal cell phone number. He also saw me in is closed office on a Sunday to be sure everything was OK. Although I did not know it at the time he had planned the following week to take a vacation with his girlfriend and propose marriage. He postponed his vacation/marriage proposal to take care of my problems. I was always treated with respect. He always has an upbeat demeanor and attitude.

|  Rude Dr.  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2009

Dr. Blanchard was very rude during my appointment. He lacks people skills. I had difficulty getting an appointment even with an ENT's Dr. referral. I had to go through my dentist to get a referral His office did not respond to the referring physician in a timely manner. I would not recommend him to anyone.

|  Getting teeth pulled stinks! Dr. Blanchaert made it seem easy!  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2009

Initial appointment had long wait because Dr. was in surgery. Day of surgery no waiting. Staff was very courteous and enjoyable. Dr. Blanchaert gets right to the point and doesn't mess around and I really liked that about him.

|  Middle of the road  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2008

He did OK with me... not great. Could have spent more time, but I had no pain and his work was very good. By the way, to the last reviewer, Joe Steven is an idiot. Stay far away. He messed up two of my relatives, bad!

|  very poor beside manner  |  show details
by beware on Aug 28th, 2008

nothing to make u to feel at ease acted like he was my last option did not put numming agent on before injection of Novacaine was rude and acted he was better than any one else went to joe steven to have extraction it was very pleasant and the staff was real nice

|  Patient Beware !  |  show details
by JRCarlos on Nov 29th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Blanchaert more concerned about his ┐status┐ than the care he provides patients. Qualified per the Kansas Board of Healing Art, Dr. Blanchaert has the worst bedside manner, the most unprofessional conduct, and most inconsiderate demeanor of all the oral surgeons in the region. For example: When notified of special concerns during surgery, Dr. Blanchaert refused assistance, disregarded and cursed me, and preceded with the procedure in spite of my complaints. I reported this experience to his staff and partners who indicated this was not an isolated incident. In any oral surgery the last thing a patient wants to deal with is narcissistic surgeon who cares less about you than his own schedule. This Dr. should not be practicing. If you have been referred to any clinic associated with Dr. Blanchaert I would strongly suggest for an second referral.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com