Dr. Rena Ferguson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rena Ferguson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 7th, 2017

Managing Mental Illness is a Journey

Dr. Ferguson is one of the most amazing and compassionate psychiatrists I've ever encountered. Besides her amazing bedside manner--she is beyond intelligent. Dr. Ferguson is always thinking of new ways to improve my treatment protocol. Her compassion and attention to detail is a rarity in the mental health care community. I've received TMS treatments from Dr. Ferguson's TMS coordinator, Caroline. Caroline goes above and beyond in providing care for TMS patients. Making sure they're comfortable and being an open ear to hearing about patients concerns or life's obstacles. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Rena Ferguson, as well as the TMS coordinator Caroline. Once in a blue moon they may run a little late, but they're obviously human. Their patients aren't just a number and sometimes a patient has a crisis or has caused them to run behind on schedule... For the care you receive its always worth the wait! Every psychiatrist I've ever had has always ran late at some point--it's just the reality of mental health care and dealing with patients who have malfunctioning brains. I've had a fair amount of psychiatrists in my life... Margaret Fasano was a really nice psychiatric nurse practitioner, who helped me when I didn't have insurance (via samples), unfortunately she moved to Florida. Dr. Newton is just a good guy; he had a gentle grandfatherly vibe. He was my psychiatrist, before he retired. Hopefully he enjoys his retirement and publishes the book he's been working on. After being blessed with two great psychiatrists and having a fair amount of psychiatrists with terrible bed manner; I can whole heartily say Dr. Ferguson is one of the GREAT ones. Her TMS coordinator is also an amazing lady and life coach... I think it's SO beautiful to see two women making a positive impact for the mental health care community on Long Island.

April 21st, 2016

I wouldn't have survived wthout her, and its not her fault her diagnosis was only partially accurate

January 12th, 2016

too many patients

You can tell that over the years she has become so money- obsessed, that she takes more patients that she can handle. Our meeting time went down from 30 to 5 minutes, 10 max. Time to get real Dr Ferguson and remember why you became a doctor in the first place: to help people

July 22nd, 2015

Excellent doctor

Dr Ferguson helped me immensely during my panic attack episodes. She replied promptly to all my questions posted on our internal portal and spent our session being genuinely interested alleviating my anxiety symptoms. I appreciate super smart, informed, and caring doctors who follow up and treat patients with respect. I agree with the other reviewers that it is a bit hard to catch the receptionist on the phone, but if you are persistent and dial 0 after the welcome message you will get to speak to a person.

October 14th, 2013

It was amazing

After a years of medications, we turned to TMS after about a month after treatment, the depression was alleviated and medications were no longer necessary. TMS was the best choice for us and the staff there were wonderful.

August 15th, 2013

TMS IS A JOKE AND A MARKETING SCAM

To take advantage of people who are depressed is malpractice and TMS thru The Center of Hope is waste of time and money. They have no clue what they are doing and often have to correct the mistakes they constantly make during many of the sessions. Seek help elsewhere!

March 27th, 2013

It would be an ok place if I was able to get a hold of anyone in the office. Keep getting the same message that there office is closed and to call back when they are open no matter what time I call and does not list their hours. No idea if they are on vacation or what is going on. Not good for this type of practice.

June 13th, 2017