Dr. Renee Bibeault Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Renee Bibeault?

July 30th, 2017

Why?

As others have said, her manner is very off-putting. She's not warm-she's not even friendly. Seems like a psychiatrist should at least be able to fake warmth or interest in the person who came to see them. Instead she barely looked up from her laptop and seemed irritated. Like she had somewhere else to be.

June 14th, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Bibeault's for approximately six years

I would consider Dr. Bibeault to be an outstanding psychiatrist. She has always treated me with the upmost respect and compassion. Her knowledge and expertise regarding med management has been expemplary.

August 1st, 2016

Terrible experience with this Dr. I trusted her with a suggested medicine change and it was very challenging. When I started experiencing terrifying symptoms she was unresponsive. I had not been a high maintenance patient in the entire three years Is her, and this was a situation in which was appropriate for her to be responsive. She has an option online to pay $50 and she will answer your questions via email, so I tried that twice. Though I paid her, she never responded to my questions. I have had two psychiatrists since tell me how poorly managed my transition was and that what I was going through was textbook discontinuation syndrome. They also informed me that this transition is known to be problematic and should have been done over the course of months (which she did in two weeks). Then of course she charged $50 to send my new dr. My records, which were just a few hand written notes, though I had been a patient for three years and she would type during our entire sessions. I am traumatized from my experience and how it was handled.

March 29th, 2016

I went to see her when I was severely depressed, and not only did she not seem to be listening most of the time, she rolled her eyes at me. She doesn't take insurance. No thanks.

September 26th, 2015

wow

It's been awhile since my encounter with this doctor, but our interaction has bothered me ever since. I did not read any reviews at the time, but the ones below don't really surprise me. It was shortly after I moved to the area. I have been stable for years on a combo of medications that is unusual but not unheard of. It does require a bit of monitoring, however, which my new internist described as "above my pay grade" so I needed to find a psychiatrist. Dr. Bibeault came very highly recommended to me by someone on a neighborhood online forum. I was a little put off by her demeanor, like everyone says, she's kind of brusque, but since I wasn't looking for a therapist or someone I needed to see frequently, I didn't think much of it. The trouble came when I told her about the meds I needed. She told me she wouldn't keep me on them because she was skeptical about the interactions and she hadn't prescribed them in the first place, and she wanted to start me from scratch on a completely different medication. I explained again that this combo works great for me, that since I've been on it it's like I don't even have my problem. Nope. She asked me why I even came to a new doctor if I wasn't open to a new regimine. This was even though I told her at the beginning of the appointmet and on the phone that I had just moved and back east was a bit far for me to travel to every three months. Nope again. I declined the new prescription and didn't return. Like I said, this was a few years ago, but it still bugs me.

September 1st, 2015

Typical nerdy P-doc - RX good - empathy lacking

Wish I had read reviews ahead of time. HUGE Red flag when most doctors have about most 10 reviews and she doesn't take insurance. Why was she dropped from Microsoft doctor panel? However like most psychiatrist these days they are opting out to maximize income and she is fine at prescribing and has expertise in women's health although she lacks the counseling/empathy skills you would expect. She seemed distracted by her computer and just reminds me of the nerdy but smart guys I work with all day long.

May 10th, 2015

Weirdly distant and cold, appointment was rushed, takes no insurance. I had heard good things about her, but did not see them at my two appointments. There are many others who do take insurance.

April 9th, 2015

UNPROFESSIONAL

110% agree with all of the negative comments about renee. She was cold, insensitive, lied on my report, unprofessional and rude. She is being reported to EVERY SINGLE board that she is associated with. Do not see her. avoid

March 29th, 2015

My experience with Dr Bibeault was not what I expected - my expectation was (and still is) that a therapist should create a safe environment for honest, constructive discussion about a client's needs in order to solve problems and improve his/her quality of life.

October 7th, 2014

The psychiatrist I escaped to when I left Bibeault's practice is retiring, so I just interviewed a new one today. I told the story of my treatment at B's hands, and she said, "Wow. That may be the worst story I have ever heard in my career."

August 29th, 2014

cruel

Treatment with her was going well until she stopped taking insurance. I couldn't afford her so suddenly I had to find another prescribing doctor and another therapist. Before I could my medication was out of refills--it's an antidepressant and if you stop all of a sudden there are bad side effects. She refused to okay another refill unless I came to see her again, which I just could not afford. I told her I was in bad shape with discontinuation but it was like she didn't care if she wasn't going to make any money off me. She just told me to call my primary doctor. Eventually, my primary doctor did call it in, but I missed two days of work because I was so dizzy and had brain zaps". I couldn't believe how cruel she was to let me go through that. It was like she was mad I left her, but what was I supposed to do if I didn't have the money?

July 19th, 2014

Just ok, but no insurance

I thought she was okay. She gave me the meds I needed, and I did feel better. However, each time I saw her she didn't appear to have looked through her notes. She couldn't remember some of the major events, things that should have been written on my chart. I would have continued seeing her but she stopped taking insurance and each visit is close to $200.