Dr. Renee Stein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 31st, 2016
Dr Stein is the best!! She really treats her patients with respect and kindness and she is so professional!!

November 20th, 2015
May I have a few minutes of your time. Vitals.com is the only forum I have for telling as many women as possible that the Board Certified OB/GYNs of Mercy actually allow residents (doctors in training) to perform complete surgical procedures, that is, start to finish, on their purposely neglected to be told, totally unsuspecting, anesthetized patients. For your surgery it may only be part, but whichever is the case, if your OB/GYN has not told you specifically what part of a procedure the resident is doing, then your doctor has perpetrated something called "ghost surgery". "Ghost surgery" is the act of substituting one surgeon for another surgeon, residents included, for any or part of a surgical procedure without the express consent of a patient who has essentially hired a specific doctor to treat them. "Ghost surgery" is considered fraud and battery of a patient (U.S. Supreme Court, 1983). Something else to seriously consider is that risk/rates of complications definitely go up when a resident is involved. Perfectly logical really when you consider many aspects of a gyno procedure can be completely blind: critical bladder dissection, sling procedures, a d&c., etc. So, how on earth can your doctor supervise that? Mercy has these statistics and I believe they should give them to you. Having a resident for your care is a risk just like any other: anesthesia problems, bladder damage,etc. My little bit of research also led me to the ugly discovery that residents will be allowed to do an invasive bi-manual pelvic exam on you while you're in a lithotomy position and anesthetized. The Mercy OB/GYNs' thinking is you will be perfectly relaxed and excellent practice for the resident. These exams without your express consent are against the law in 4 states. HI, for example, found countless instances of bruised cervices, torn and abraded tissue, and numerous infections. While these exams aren't against the law in MO, I found this to be so grossly unethical I could scarcely believe it. Then there is #4 on your consent form. It is purposely and deliberately broad and vague. Your "certified provider" (aka your Board Certified Mercy OB/GYN with years of experience) thinks it's okay to simply tell you a resident will be involved in your care, or maybe a resident will walk in minutes before your surgical procedure and say," Hi, I'm the resident, do you have any questions?". The Mercy doctors think this covers their responsibility to you. It doesn't. Hopefully I have added some info and Good Luck with your decision.

October 3rd, 2015
Love her!
Dr Stein is the best. She is knowledgable, listens, kind, funny and thorough. She's everything you want when it comes to women's health and/or having a baby. She is a busy lady for sure but worth the wait time. She delivered all my babies and I recommend her to everyone I know. I trust Dr. Stein to my woman's health.

August 14th, 2015
She is one awesome lady and she has delivered my grandsons and she is so great!!!!!

November 6th, 2014
Not Personal Care
As a gyn, I loved Dr. Stein. In and out fairly quickly and she made me feel comfortable. My first OB visit, on the other hand, was not as pleasant. I received a call the day before my appt. stating that Dr. Stein would not be there at the time originally scheduled and they wanted me to come in earlier. I was upset, but also desperately wanted to make sure everything was alright as this was my first baby so I had to talk to my job and leave early. When I got there I was told that she was running about 40 minutes behind. When we finally did get to see the doctor she spent all of a rushed 7 minutes with us and gave us no opportunity to really talk about what I was experiencing or my concerns over this pregnancy. I left feeling very uncomfortable and even more so unsure that their care would be adequate for my pregnancy (she states they deliver 75-100 babies per month and you have a chance of being delivered by about 7 different doctors). With this being my first pregnancy I did not feel that I left prepared nor did I feel that I would be able to get a personal experience at this office. I love Dr. Stein, but did not (and wouldn't recommend) this office to care for you during one of the most crucial and intimate times in a woman's life. In addition, scheduling appointments for regular gyn care is hard and has to be done months in advance, every time I've called I've been on hold for an average of about 5 minutes and they filled out my paperwork for work incorrectly after I talked to two different people about it.

November 12th, 2013
Patient
I love Dr. Stein. She is knowledgeable and she very caring. The office staff is not as helpful. The wait time on calls is very long and even when leaving messages they do not always respond.

August 27th, 2012
wonderful doctor
Dr Stein always listens to me and makes me feel very comfortible. I have had two problems that required surgery and she is the best! She cares about your whole being

June 20th, 2012
Best OB Ever!
I have been seeing Dr Stein since she started this practice and I absolutley LOVE her. She is very kind,listens to me and will talk to me about anything. I highly recoemmend her---- My sisters and nieces even go to her.

May 1st, 2012
Dr. Stein is a great doctor - great upbeat personality and I trust her expertise. The past few times I've had a pretty long wait. But again, I think she's a great doc so I think it's worth it to have someone I trust and who seems to care and who will stop and answer questions fully. Stays on top of monitoring any issues which I appreciate.

July 8th, 2009
Dr. Stein is the best!
I would recommend Dr. Renee Stein to anyone who wants a doctor that listens, and treats you with respect. I have been a patient of Dr. Stein's for many years, and she is about to delivery my second child. She rocks!

June 30th, 2009
Dr. Stein is very caring, and you can tell that she cares about her patients. She makes me feel very comfortable.

January 5th, 2009
patient review
Dr. Stein has delivered three of my children and what she may lack in bedside manner she more than makes up for in expertise and skill