Dr. Renuka Paka Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Renuka Paka?

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Renuka Paka?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 13th, 2016

Excellent Doctor...Awesome services

December 23rd, 2015

I go to Dr Paka at her Bronx, NY offic and she is wonderfula nd knowledgable. Her nurse Nancy is kind, awesome and has good work ethic.

August 9th, 2014

ABBEY

So I had my first Child and only child with Dr. Paka's Office. Although the midwives and the Dr herself are most of the time lovely. I can't say the same for you front of house. Her head receptionist is AWFUL! ! ! Abbey..... She is rude on the phone, don't care to act as a receptionist. You would think that if you have called the office and spoke to her 10 - 20 time that she would pull your fill or remember you.... Every time I call she ask for my number, issuance - all information that she could acquire if you got her silly butt up and found the Fill.... I can't tell you how many time i have filled out there paperwork... I had just had an uncomfortable procedure and wanted the paragard as a contraceptive. She didn't want to send me a prescription, or help me find away to obtain it - knowing that my insurance covered it. You would assume that if you are in the health care industry that you would care about the patient going to your private practice office... I was on the phone 4 hrs trying to obtain myself. The paragard vendor call the office for a written prescription to fill the prescription. Abbey declined..... then i called and she did if after i told her what was on my mind..... fast forward to them delivering the items to the office... the office didn't call me for a week after delivering... In fact i wouldn't have found out until i was asked to come in for some blood works. By the way they made me wait 2 hrs for a nurse to take my blood... WFT....! When needing to make another appointment. I requested an am appointment 8:30am. When I told them i would be there early to make it into work at 9am. They expressed that Dr. Paka was usually late and noted she would be in at 8:30 - but then wouldn't show... WE all have jobs and responsibilities and this office is just NOT flexible...

March 28th, 2013

not sure about paka

Dr paka is ok .. she would ask her satff to call you and make an app.. and when you get to her office she's asking you so what's going on what do you mean what's going on you ask me to come .and some time it feels like you have to step on her toes to get answers

November 6th, 2012

Dr. Paka is wonderful her front desk staff is less than helpful and quite rude on the phone. I don't mind waiting to see her as she is soo good but I could do without the rudeness at the front desk.

July 5th, 2012

Highly recommend

I saw Dr.Paka for my second pregnancy and she was very attentive. She addressed my concerns and listened. My pregnancy was uncomplicated so I cannot judge how she would be in such situations. She is just the person you want to have with you during childbirth. She has a very calming effect.... as much as can be in that situation :)

May 3rd, 2012

Doctor and the mid-wives are knowledgeable, however the staff, especially the nurses are very unfriendly. They do not care about the patient, especially after 4.30 pm, since they are in a hurry to go home!

April 21st, 2012

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Paka. She delivered my baby 9 years ago, and treats me with respect and consideration 100% of the time. I occasionally have to wait in the waiting room, but with all the pregnant people there, what do people expect? I have always found her to be the utmost in professionalism and caring.

January 31st, 2012

I love Dr Paka

Dr Paka has been my OB for 13 years. SHe delivered all 3 of my children and is NOT a money making machine. I read a few of the reviews so I felt I wanted to balance her listing. Dr Paka is OBGYN. This means that she is frequently in the hospital delivering a baby. I know that she has outlasted many, many doctors at this hospital who are, in fact, concerned with financial matters and less with patient care. She is a warm, practical good doctor but she is not superhuman. SHe has midwives to accommodate the growing need and she will take care of her patients. Yes, you may have to wait to see someone in this office. It has been my only experience and she helped me through 3 very strenuous labors, one of which was problematic and she was very cool and took care of me and the baby. I recommend Dr Paka.

June 6th, 2011

SHAMEFUL -

We had the worst medical experience at this Doctor's office. My wife, who has been diagnosed with BC, has to undergo chemo shortly. She has a small window to freeze her eggs, for which we needed a routine pap smear. Dr Paka has been her OBGYN on and off. In the past, we have had to wait upto 3 hours at the office, with the staff and doctor being totally nonchalant about it. But today, we were late just for a few minutes and they refused to see her! Even after explainging the need and the situation, they were rude and dismissive. It is beyond comprehension that doctors can get away with this, causing severe mental anguish to patients already undergoing a crisis. She (Dr Paka) is just a money making machine who needs her license revoked - I know I am very upset, but that's also what's making me write this. God help those who go to this doctor - the least I can do is issue a warning.(I am posting this on as many sites as possible so that she doesn't get away with this behavior. )

April 10th, 2010

Pleasant, professional, caring.

Note - I actually did not see Dr. Paka on this visit. I got an appointment in two days from when I called - amazing in New York. When I arrived I was greeted in a friendly way. I was offered the chance to see a midwife or Dr. P for my annual and pap smear. I opted for a midwife - the wait time was less. They work as a team and take patients as they each become available. Midwife - Sabina - was professional and informed and moved my exam along quickly. We talked (about delivering at St. Lukes, breast health, pre-natal vitamins) while she was doing her thing - breast exam, speculum, pap smear sample, etc - and I hardly even knew I was being examined. That's a good thing - I didn't feel uncomfortable, in pain or in an overly clinical situation. Midwife made sure I had no more questions before she left. I will continue to see Dr. Paka and perhaps have my baby with her or a midwife if and when I get pregnant.

April 1st, 2010

Great OB/GYN - was glad I had my baby with her team!

I started out with Dr. Paka just after discovering I was pregnant. I was returning from a trip and had bleeding and called around, panicked, trying to find someone on my insurance plan who would see me same-day. Out of 10 places I contacted, only Dr. Paka's office accomodated my emergency need. She was very attentive and caring, did some tests, and confirmed that I was still pregnant and in good shape. She also advised me of precautions to take to prevent further bleeding.As my pregnancy proceeded. Dr. Paka continued to provide kind, expert attention. When I expressed interest in delivering with a midwife, she provided a seamless transition to working with her 2 talented midwives, who were there for different parts of the delivery and were a critical part of me now being able to enjoy this beautiful baby boy!I highly recommend Dr. Paka and her team of midwives for their kind, expert attention to my overall health, the health of my baby, and to making prenatal care a pleasant part of the whole experience!