A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Renuka Umashanker is Excellent. Dr. Umashanker has been reviewed by 1 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Renuka Umashanker, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Umashanker graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.More Education & Awards
Dr. Umashanker has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Fletcher Allen Health Care
- Middlesex Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Umashanker accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Anthem - 5 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Renuka Umashanker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Renuka Umashanker practice?
Dr. Renuka Umashanker practices Gastroenterology near Milford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Guilford, CT and Hamden, CT.
See Milford Gastroenterologists.