A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Renuka Umashanker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Renuka Umashanker is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Renuka Umashanker, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Umashanker graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.More Education & Awards
Dr. Umashanker has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Middlesex Hospital
- Hospital Of St Raphael
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Umashanker accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Anthem - 5 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Renuka Umashanker practice?
Dr. Renuka Umashanker practices Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Ophthalmology near Hamden, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Guilford, CT and Milford, CT.
See Hamden Internists, Hamden Gastroenterologists, and Hamden Ophthalmologists.