Dr. Reshma Mahmood MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

July 16th, 2014
Doesn't have time to listen to patients.
I've been a patient of Dr. Mahmood's for several years. After she made my mom (who was also a patient) get a mammogram done and therefore found her breast cancer, I decided she was a good dr. to have. This was several years ago. Since then, and especially since the Affordable Care Act has taken effect, it seems like she doesn't really have the time to spend with her patients. And I started realizing that anytime I ask for medical advice about my own body, or if I request a certain action to be taken, she will shoot it down for sometimes unreasonable excuses. I understand and fully appreciate that Dr. Mahmood is a Doctor; she went to school for a long time, and knows medicine. But I know my body better than she does. When I request a prescription be refilled that I've taken for several years and never had any issues with, but she will not sign it because she's afraid I will become addicted... There is some listening that is not being done on her part. And that is only one example. That happens often. I work in transportation, so when I needed to renew my Medical Examiner's Card, I made an appointment, came in, had all the tests done and when I went to the DMV to give it to them to file, Dr. Mahmood hadn't even signed the most important document and when I tried to come back, was too busy to sign it. I'm sorry, these things are unacceptable. I'm now in the process of finding a new doctor. I highly discourage anyone from being a patient of hers. Sorry.

November 30th, 2016