Dr. Reuben Holland III MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine Sarasota, FL

2.6

November 3rd, 2016
Worst doctor ever
My mother was taken to the hospital by myself after complaining of heart attack symptoms. She had very extensive medical history and was was very sick for 15 years. They signed off in an abnormal ecg and sent her home rather than keeping her for observation. She died the next day!

February 19th, 2015
Not Impressed
After an ER doctor at SMH mis-diagnosed my 2-yr-old daughter's 24-hour stomach virus as a urinary tract infection, prescribed nearly $700 in medication that our experienced pharmacist *thankfully* talked us out of filling, and then presented us with a whopping bill for this "treatment," Dr Holland responded to my complaint; he's evidently head of the ER. He sided with his doctor, saying that the UTI test (botched by the nurse--a whole different sorry situation) initially showed "some signs of a positive reading" although it was negative the next day. Wow. I'm not a doctor, but would "some signs of a positive reading" be akin to being "a little bit pregnant"...? Do cultures in fact flip flop from "kind of" positive to negative over night like this? If so, is it not common practice to advise the patient at some point of the changed results and that the $700 in medication isn't necessary to administer to a 2-year-old? Dr Holland elected to ignore my second correspondence where I asked these questions. Very unimpressed that he would cover for his doctor in this situation; quite scary. Proceed with caution.

April 6th, 2014
Professional with a good heart.
Everyone wants a physician that is real smart, very good at what they do and yet, a regular person who cares. Don't meet a lot of them nowadays but this guy fits the bill. Dr. Reuben Holland should feel good about himself.

July 6th, 2012
Very Positive experience
We were vacationing in Sarasota when my 7 year old grand daughter had a pool accident and needed stitches. We took her to the emergency room at Sarasota Memorial where Dr. Holland examined and treated her. We have never had such a positive experience in an emergency room! Dr Holland, with the help of the staff, made a tough situation such a positive experience. We are so very grateful that there are caring people like him in this profession. We can't thank him enough!