General Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Dangerour Doctor show details Dangerour Doctor
by JimmyMac on Mar 4th, 2015

I was assigned to Dr. Gaskins by Molina HealthCare. I am a diabetic and am on disability due to this. Upon my first visit I informed the intake person and then the doctor that I was a diabetic. At no time did they bother to check my blood sugar levels nor ask me how they had been. I informed the doctor that I needed testing supplies and he assured me he would call in an order. Upon arriving at the pharmacy to pick up my medications I was informed that no order had been placed for supplies. I immediately called the doctor’s office and spoke to a staff member. She assured me that she would speak to the doctor and it would be taken care of. This did not happen. The doctor did order some blood tests and had me schedule a follow up appointment to review the results. When I returned to his office for this return visit, the doctor stated, “I have no idea why they scheduled this appointment for you.” As he was stating this, he was reading my chart. I reminded him that he had sent me for blood work. At this point he stated that my cholesterol was a little high and he was going to prescribe medication. At no time was there any mention of A1C levels and even if he had asked for that test. Also, despite reminding the them again that I was a diabetic my blood sugars were not checked during this visit. I once again asked for testing supplies and was assured they would be ordered. Once again, they were not. I eventually had to contact member services and have the issue sent to their escalations team. I was on hold along with the escalations team member for over an hour trying to get through to the doctor’s office. At this time, we terminated our efforts to get through and she said she would follow up. While it took her a day or two to get through, she was finally able to do so and after two months I was able to get my supplies. I believe that this constituted medically negligent behavior on part of the doctor and constituted a danger to my health. I advise everyone reading this to avoid this doctor at all costs. Your health may be at risk.

Careless show details Careless
Mar 2nd, 2015

I would give this place zero stars if I could. One particular woman in the front desk is careless with my grandmother who is in her 70's. She should not be working here if she does wish to help those in need. They do not send prescriptions to the pharmacy when they say they do and they do not send the authorization to get other tests done. I do not recommend this place.

poor poor poor show details poor poor poor
Feb 11th, 2015

If I could put zero stars I would due to the lack of care and effort.

UNPROFESSIONAL & INEPT show details UNPROFESSIONAL & INEPT
by M.M. on Oct 22nd, 2014

The Iowa office is the most inefficient doctors office I have ever been to. The Staff (if you can call it that) is absolutely inept. I am surprised the female who runs the front office is even employed. I can never get an appointment. They rarely answer their phones and though I have left countless messages for them on different occasions they have never once returned a phone call. I've been left on hold for 30 minutes and then hung up on numerous times. When I've brought up these issues they are unapologetic. The Doctor does not listen well at all. I have told him of issues with a new medication and he says,"uh huh," then prescribes me the very same medication. I have finally switched doctors. The doctors office is currently withholding a form I need to return to work (despite the fact that I paid for the form) and I may lose my job due to their complete lack of professionalism. You're better off going to a back alley doctor.

Very poor follow up/Wheres my lab results and more. Like clean that restroom. show details Very poor follow up/Wheres my lab results and more. Like clean that restroom.
by Not called In Not Faxed. on Sep 17th, 2014

This staff does not get it. Doctor will hurry. Does not listen well.

Doctor is GREAT! Staff not so much!! show details Doctor is GREAT! Staff not so much!!
by Paula Townsend on Jun 28th, 2013

We were only able to see Dr. Gaskins a few times in his Rancho office but he is a very caring man and listens and understands. As for his staff that is a whole other story! Either they are over worked and stressed or have done this job too long that they have no heart and really don't care. You are just a number to them. His nurse is also great & caring. It's his office staff that drags on everything - very sad. I pretty sure if he knew some of the things he'd feel bad for his patients.

Feb 1st, 2013

A hole on the wall creepy Dr and staff ..takes to long to be seen cut you all off because they take too many patients in and not enough time spent with Dr.RIDICULOUS o would advice not to go here .....Dr doesn't take time to revise you he should be audit for neglect towards patients needs

when you need them THEY CONTINUE TO MAKE MISTAKES show details when you need them THEY CONTINUE TO MAKE MISTAKES
Oct 3rd, 2012

The support staff make continue mistakes- they are inept. As a patient you have to manage them- The communication between staff and Doctor is very bad- they do not call in prescriptions, scheduled apt. with other specialists, get test results to wear they need to be. This Doctor is a pleasure to interact with. You can tell this office is under pressure to run patience through the office to meet the monthly bills- I believe this is why the office suffers. If you have a cold, this office is fine- otherwise beware- Signed-6 year patient.

First Visit show details First Visit
Sep 19th, 2012

It was my first visit and although, I was nervous and spoke a 1,000 words a minute, he was very calm and patient with me. He listened to all my needs and took care of my immediate needs. He ordered a culture right away and sent me to the lab to do my lab work. His employees were very friendly. Overall, it was a great doctor visit. I am so far impressed.

Jan 28th, 2012

ive been a patient of dr. Gaskins for nearly 9 years. However, over the last 2 years the qaulity of his care has gone down hill considerably. It is extremely difficult to get an appointment. Everytime i try to schedule i am always told there are no open appointments. when i need a perscription refill, i am told they will call it in, however, when i show up to the pharmacy to pick it up im told it was never called in..this has happened at least 6 times. when needing referals or paperwork the doctor and office staff are extremely slow to move...ive been contacted many times by specialist doctors saying that they have trouble getting dr. gaskins to cooperate. Im not sure if the poor care is due to insurance changes, or some other factor. whatever the reason, at this point i would not recommend dr. gaskins to anyone.

Sep 27th, 2011

Me & my family have been patients of Dr Gaskins since we moved to california 13 years ago. Dr Gaskins is the only doctor that has been able to help my husband keep his high blood pressure and diabetes under control with the proper medication. I would not trust any other doctor with my family's care. The staff are great and very kind. Dr Reuel Gaskins is a wonderful doctor...the best of his kind.