Dr. Rex Carr Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Rex Carr?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Posted on February 22nd, 2017

I had been seen by two MD's over a period of 11 years. These tow Dr's had sent me to almost every specialist in NH Vermont. I was just waiting to die after all that time. Dr Carr had me up and running in less than 90 days and 5 years later I am still doing very well.

Amazing physician......the best I've ever visited.

Posted on August 18th, 2016

Amazing physician! He really takes the time to listen and patiently explore not only why you have a diagnosis, but what the root of the problem is and how to fix it. He either answers the phone himself or calls back personally. The initial visit may seem like an interrogation, but he explains up front that he wants to look at you with no preconceived notions. I think this is a very commendable trait for a physician. He asks questions and really listens to your answer. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone!

Posted on August 8th, 2016

This Dr. is somewhat knowledgeable in treatment of lyme disease, but he is not the top doctor you should seek out for treatment. I wasted many years seeing this doctor who made my body so toxic that I almost died. He also did not stress the importance of following the diet at the very beginning and taught his sister-in-law who is an MD, how to treat lyme without telling her how important the diet was. I would say overall that I should not have put my trust in this doctor, but in one with more experience who he has learned from. Number of years in treatment--roughly 5 years, result limited scleroderma and autoimmunity possibly resulting in death.

Posted on July 3rd, 2016

Dr Carr is clinical and focused doctor who collects data from patients that is extensive. He uses this information to search out the best solutions for patients. He goes above and beyond, calling patients back himself at all times, and giving extra phone checks on patients who may be struggling.

Posted on April 8th, 2015

After over twenty years of fibromyalgia,Dr. Carr's treatment is restoring my health.

Posted on January 10th, 2015

While Dr. Carr was very courteous to me on the phone, I found the exact opposite when I went to my first appointment. My parents and I discovered that he did not have much tolerance for our questions and was controlling, disrespectful, and condescending. During my first and second appointments I was not put on any treatment, although he diagnosed me with lyme; needless to say I did not return for a third. His lack of compassion caused me to feel like he did not care about me at all as a patient. I don't say these things to drag his name through the dirt, but to warn potential patients what may be in store for them should they choose to work with him.

HAPPY CAMPER

Posted on June 30th, 2014

Rex has his act together and his treatment has been very effective for me. His is kind of a loon but he is pretty much right. After 10 years of pain, fatigue, and being treated like a med seeker. After the first 30 days of treatment the pain that had plagued me for years was gone. He is the only physician I have every had that is available by phone. I still struggle with fatigue and the most screwed up sleeping patterns in the world, but no PAIN!!!!

Long Term Lyme

Posted on September 27th, 2013

Dr Carr is efficient and attends to detail while looking at the big picture of my health. The world of Lyme treatment is controversial and he bases his treatment on listening and evaluating patients, on historical related health information he gathers from patients - trends, scientific data from the ILADS community and takes pride in helping me to get well. He also asks for compliance for treatment protocols to assure that the treatment I receive is exactly what I need.

Posted on February 18th, 2013

While Dr. Carr may take the time to respond to phone calls, and his patient summary is indeed thorough, his effectiveness as a Dr. Is diminished by his abrasive manner and curt replies to questions I have asked regarding my child. He was completely inflexible to discuss alternative therapies and unapproachable when questioning causes of symptoms. He prescribed medication to my daughter that the FDA clearly indicates be based on the individuals weight, without even weighing her. She was receiving 3 times the dosage of someone her size and it made her very sick. When dealing with chronic illness, especially with a child, you would do well to put your care in the hands of someone with less of a God Complex.

Lyme Disease

Posted on June 1st, 2011

Dr. Carr has treated me since early 2010. He is a good listener, asks specific questions, and very thorough. He respects other physicians and considers other treatments that I may have. He is efficient and approachable. I was able to consult with him over the phone during one of my business trips even though it was 6 time zones difference. My health has been improved tremendously with his treatments after being sick for 9 years. It took me 4-hour drive for each visit but its all worth it.

Posted on April 16th, 2011

Dr. Carr is very accessible by 'phone when I have problems/questions. This is an unusual and much appreciated part of his care. He has been on time for all appointments in 3 years. His explanations are thorough and I am always enlisted in decision making. He writes down instructions from the visit, which is very valuable to me.

One of the few doctors that will genuinely listen to you and your complaints

Posted on February 24th, 2011

I have seen Dr. Carr for about 4 years now. He is a very smart, intuitive doc who is able to think "outside the box." He will consider unconventional treatments and diagnoses where others would fail to. I would recommend that anyone who has a chronic illness that has yet to be addressed by other docs, consider making an appointment for an assessment.