Dr. Rex Cooley Jr DO Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 11 reviews

May 31st, 2016
Disappointed
I have seen Dr. Cooley for many yrs but this was the worst visit ever. Waited for over 2 hrs to be seen didn't spend any time talking or listening to what I had to say & didn't even address the main reason I was there.

May 30th, 2016
Compassionate, very communicative and extremely detailed surgeon
In 2013, Dr. Cooley replaced my dad's knee despite a complex history on breaks in that leg 50 years prior - no issue for Dr. Cooley. He took every precaution. He educated me and my dad about the intricacy of the procedure, the after care and what to watch for. Dr. Cooley examined dad's prior clot history, did a 4 day hospitalization with nerve block, then walking and movement as often as tolerable. He conducted patient rounds every morning before going to surgery or his office. He is very concerned about patient comfort and adamant about having a clean environment for healing. As an experiment, he sent my dad home with inflating compression wraps for his legs (designed for home use) to keep circulation going at night in bed. Dr. Cooley said my dad was the first patient to receive this new treatment and Dr. Cooley arranged it all through Hanger Prosthetics (who came to the house to set us up and explain everything). Dr. Cooley even called my dad a week after surgery to personally check in - before he had to go back for the post-op visit. He referred a great physical therapist who provided excellent care at home. Dr. Cooley conducted two post op visits out of abundance of precaution. My dad couldn't be more grateful for the level of care he received from Dr. Cooley. He is extremely detailed and thorough as a doctor and listens to his patients, giving every option available. He is considerate of your needs as a patient and genuinely expresses compassion. (He now gives me cortisone shots for my knee.) His office is immaculately clean, his staff is very kind and reachable, and has a good overall positive environment for healing. He only does knees and hips now, and is the best you can get in Tucson if you ask our family. ( Only recommendation is to get taller chairs for the waiting room for older folks.)

December 14th, 2015
A very kind, caring, knowledgeable, competent and sympathetic physician.

April 5th, 2015
Great Doc.
I had 2 surgeries on different body parts from Dr. Cooley. He is EXCELLENT with all he does. From office visits to post surgery care. He even returned my phone call and answered questions about a problem 3 years after surgery. His is great.

March 5th, 2014
Total knee surgery
Dr. Cooley is an excellent surgeon. I had my rightand left knee done in 2006 and have had no problems. He was a wonderful doctor with a great bedside manner.

November 30th, 2012
Horrible follow up
Was waiting on insurance to approve an MRI, his staff said they would call me as soon as it was approved. I find out from my insurance provider that the MRI was approved 2 weeks ago and I have not received a call from his office. I have placed 2 calls in to them to find out what I need to do, they haven taken messages and said they would call me right back... I have not heard from them again. How can someone stay in practice with a staff like this?

September 21st, 2010
He knows what he's doing and does it well...wish he could be my general doctor...not just my surgeon.

June 29th, 2010
What a Hack.!!!!!
Poor surgery caused some nerve damage. Failure to properly install plates and screws caused some loss of use in that arm. Use at your own risk.

June 14th, 2010
Dr, Cooley is the 1 of the best surgen's we have ever had. Uur nanes are Gerry & Pat McGann , Gerry had a new knee and I broke my knee and Dr. Cooley was a very caring and excellent surgeon

June 12th, 2010
Uncaring and very rude
He was inapropriate and rude. He didn't explain what was being done and was basically put out by the fact that he had to treat me. I found him to be a very poor doctor.

March 12th, 2009
very caring, easy to communicate with.