Dr. Rex Haydon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rex Haydon?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 26th, 2015

Great Doctor

Dr. Haydon performed my son's fourth surgery on his tibia resulting from the removal of a tumor. This was a very complex surgery but it came out very smoothly. I was expecting a very painful post surgery hospital stay but I was thankfully mistaken. His bedside manor and office consults are relaxed and informing in a way we can understand. I have great confidence in his ability. There have been times it has been frustrating to get a response from his office and some scans could be better scheduled so the results would be in at the time of our appointment.

September 3rd, 2015

My only complaint is that you wait a while in the room before he comes and sees you. Otherwise, great doctor. He was very through with his diagnosis and explanations of the issue and surgery. His bedside manner was great.

February 25th, 2014

One of the Most Brilliant Minds in Medicine

In 2011, a local orthopedist called us at nine p.m. to tell us that our beautiful 12-year-old daughter had one of two types of bone cancer-each with terrifying prognosis. "I'm sorry. . .I know you're scared. I'm so sorry. . . I know a doctor at the University of Chicago--my nurse is already working on the referral--I called her at home." Our local orthopedist sounded like he was just as afraid as we were. As our family escorted our confused little girl into Dr. Haydon's office, I felt as though we were walking a plank; would he tell us how long she had today? Would he understand that she didn't understand? Dr. Haydon warmly greeted each of the 7 family members that had come to support us before gently explaining that, although he couldn't be certain, he didn't believe that our child had cancer. "I won't know for sure until the biopsy, but I believe this is a cyst. . . I don't think she has cancer." He explained that although the MRI images were similar to those found in cancer patients, there were two (tiny) indicators that this was a cyst--and Dr. Haydon zeroed in on those immediately. Dr. Haydon's quiet confidence and world-class knowledge allowed our family hope in our most difficult hour. As it turns out, our girl did have a rare (1 in a million) benign bone cyst. Dr. Haydon performed the grueling 6-hour surgery within two weeks of her biopsy. He was honest-explaining that 50% of patients with this cyst do require subsequent surgeries, but that he and his staff had done their best to ensure that she would not have to repeat this excursion. We have been seeing Dr. Haydon for follow-up care for the past 3 years. Her cyst has not returned, so we only see him every 6 months now, but he still remembers that she is a cheerleader, who her friends are, and that she is an honors student---and he takes the time to ask about these things. Dr. Haydon is truly the greatest medical mind I have had the pleasure of knowing. He makes sure that the patients and their families are comfortable, knowledgeable, and in control of their health. Dr. Haydon is a wonderful doctor, and an amazing human being.

November 2nd, 2011

Excellent, caring, talks to you in words that you understand and makes sure you understand

July 20th, 2016