Dr. Rex Mahnensmith MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2016
best dr
Whwn i frisr webt to dyakisys i didnt wanr to live i wantes to die i never went to diakysis i akways skipped because my legs wouldnt let me sit still in the chair there was no other was another life beside dialysis but becuase of dr rex live my life and sat and told me there are three things to do when they lose hope as i did go to church was one two was stay in the chair as long as possible three was that he w o uls help mw have a positive outlook on my life and he wouls genuinely check on me. He saved my life gavw me hope and most of all he showed alot of compassion and everytime we spoke he really cared and every since he left under hisbinsrustion i haven't missed and in the best shape of my health and i pray the best and have the angles protect him as he helped me

November 27th, 2015
Best doctor in greater Hartford
He is the most incredible nephrologist with his time care and brilliance of evaluating mdc treating when something is wrong with you. He was my doctor from 1992 till 2000 then could no longer travel an hour and keep working. His teaching how to take care of myself resulted in my still being alive 23 years on dialysis.

February 16th, 2015
Most truly concerned Dr. I ever met
If he is unable to provide services, he finds the best possible.

January 15th, 2015
Dr mahensmith is the best doctor I have ever had treat me. I would recommend him to anyone with kidney disease.

April 15th, 2014
my angel dr
Dr Rex is one if not the best doctors I have ever had the luck and chance to know, if it was not for him my 16yr old daughter would not be here, also my daughter and I love and respect him, I miss seeing him at my dialysis unit, if it wasn't for him I would not have had her, so for that I say thank you Dr Rex, I love you.

June 19th, 2013
Simply the best!
Without a doubt, the best Dr. I have ever treated with. He is responsive and genuinely cares about me as a patient. My first visit, he spent more than an hour with me talking things through and answering my questions. He explained what I needed to know and do and my condition has improved with dietary changes and vitamins. I feel great and look forward to every visit. Do not dismiss what he recommends, it works if you follow what he tells you to do. He is a 10,

August 18th, 2011
Dr Mahnensmith saved my wifes life and has enabled her to live a fullfilled life. I owe him everything..........

August 6th, 2010
A Doctor who spends time with you - amazing
Dr. Mahnensmith is always available - he responds to emails, gives you appointments during lunch and genuinely listens to concerns. He spends as much time as needed to sit with you and listen to your concerns and to make sure you understand what your diagnosis is and what the treatment is. He is a very nice man who doesn't treat you as inferior or give the impression that his time is more valuable than yours. I can't say enough nice things about this physician and sincerely hope that the treatment prescribed will work for my husband's issue.

June 22nd, 2010
AMAZING- The best I have ever had the pleasure to meet with.
Dr. Manhnensmith is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. First off, his staff is wonderful. They are polite and caring. A pleasure to deal with. And Dr Rex, is the smartest doctor that I have ever met. He listened to every word I said and thought out-side of the text book. My body is diffent then others, and yet I am treated by doctors the same as everyone else. It never works and I end up getting sicker until FINALLY someone listens to me or I take matters into my own hands. That was not the case with Dr. Rex. He asked me questions, apoligized for other doctors I have dealt with in the past, and treated me correctly. He was wonderful and encouraging. He made me feel like a person, not a patient. As a person who was born with a diffent set of internal parts, I have often been made to feel like a sideshow freak by doctors. Not the case with Dr Rex,he took the time to explain why I have to do things differtly and told me I have done a great job taking care of myself this long without any help. My only wish is that he was a GP becasue then I could talk to him about anything.

May 20th, 2017