Otolaryngologist, Plastic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon

Towncenter
1280 Central Blvd Ste J5
Brentwood, CA 94513
925-240-8775
Locations and availability (5)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Dr. Moulton-Barrett was amazing!  |  show details
by sheena Murray on Oct 3rd, 2013

I have not yet set up my appointment to get a breast augmentation! I saw him for a consultation! He was very personable and explained all procedures in detail! I cannot wait to set my op!

|  The best in the bay!  |  show details
May 21st, 2013

I had the first appointment of the day so there was no wait time. Office staff was very friendly and answered any questions I had. Dr. Moulton-Barrett took his time to explain with great detail about the cosmetic surgery I was considering, I felt very comfortable. Will be booking soon!

|  mr. wonderful  |  show details
by michele ostrie on Mar 30th, 2013

i think i'm so very lucky to have found dr. moulton. i am a 72 year old woman that has had many experiences with plastic surgeons, and i must say that by far dr. moulton is the best in what he does, a true artist.i trust him completely and yes i would have him work on me again.he is honest, and so very talented..trust me it is very hard to find a doctor that is so talented in his work and has a great personality and also has a wonderful staff working for him. he is by far the best in ca. and i feel so lucky to have found him...michele ostrie

|  show details
by Brentwood resident on Jan 29th, 2013

He screwed up my tummy tuck, scar is stretched looking, scarred very bad from lift, looks like a butcher did surgery. Feels like a stitch is still stuck inside me. He had the nerve to blame me for the outcome. Your stupid if you read this and go to him

|  After Bariatric Surgery  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

Dr. Moulton-Barrett corrected my tummy and breasts after 130 pound weight loss from bariatric surgery. The surgery took 5 hours, the results are incredible, my tummy is flat and the muscles tight, my breasts are lifted ful, he is an artist and he and his staff led me though my surgery with great caring and professionalism, I highly recommend Dr. Moulton-Barrett if you are looking for surgeon after bariatric surgery.

|  Thankful I found Dr. Moulton-Barrett  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

I visited 4 doctors and told them I could feel a lump in my mouth. Each one told me it was my salivary gland and nothing was to be done. Finally, I saw Dr. Moulton-Barrett and he was concerned, he ordered an MRI and then he biopsied the growth. Within 4 weeks on meeting with Dr. Moulton-Barrett, the growth was completely removed and it turned out to be a salivary cancer. I am so glad I finally found you Dr. Moulton-Barrett; thanks again.

|  Thankful that I found Dr. Moulton-Barrett  |  show details
by ZagZaglar at Citysearch on Mar 14th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I visited 4 doctors and told them I could feel a lump in my mouth. Each one told me it was my salivary gland and nothing was to be done. Finally, I saw Dr. Moulton-Barrett and he was concerned, he ordered an MRI and then he biopsied the growth. Within 4 weeks on meeting with Dr. Moulton-Barrett, the growth was completely removed and it turned out to be a salivary cancer. I am so glad I finally found you Dr. Moulton-Barrett thanks again.

|  After 12 breast surgeries  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2012

I finally found Dr. Moulton-Barrett. His approach to preventing reforming of scar tissue around my implants after breast reconstruction was just what I needed. His view is that a biofilm of skin bacteria forms on the implant over and over again with each of my previous surgeries. So he placed new implants covered in a human treated dermis lining and he placed dissolvable antibiotic beads in the implant pocket as well as intravenous then oral antibiotics for 21 days. Now I am several months from surgery and for the first time in many years I have no pain and my breasts feel great, thanks again Dr. M-B

|  I recommend Dr. Rex Moulton-barrett, MD  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2011

After hunting the internet for a doctor who specialized in revision breast surgery I chose Dr Moulton-Barrett, of Alameda Ca. I had breast augmentation surgery 12 years ago in southern California and my breast felt like hard rocks, they were tight and painful. Dr. Moulton-Barrett pointed out that the silicone gel implants had probably ruptured and there were tight capsules around the implants. He removed the implants and he also removed the complete capsules. One implant ruptured and free silicone jel was in the pocket. The other was not ruptured but a tight scar had formed. My implants have been replaced and my breast look and feel natural. I recommend Dr. Moulton-Barrett for revision breast surgery, he is extremely knowledgeable and personable too.

|  I recommend Dr. Rex Moulton-barrett, MD  |  show details
by JPurcell2011 at Citysearch on Nov 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Grateful I found the best!!!  |  show details
by amyatkins12 at Citysearch on Nov 11th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr Rex Moulton-Barrett recently revised my breast augmentation. I knew I was not happy with the original surgery I had by another surgeon, but I did not know why. Asit turned out one implant was lower and one pocket was bigger the result was the nipples were off set and not at the same height. Dr Moulton-Barrett fixed the wrong pocket, narrowing it and lifting it. He pulled the nipples away from the sides so that after the surgery I had a small scar at the edge of the areola and I had matching breasts. Dr Rex was caring, supportive and answered all my questions. He helped me feel at ease of any anxiety I felt. I recovered fast and comfortably.

|  Grateful I found the best!!!!  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

|  Fixed my hand  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2011

I had Dupytren's Disease for 3 years which stopped me from extending my ring finger on my right hand. Dr Barrett released all the scar tissue and now I can straighten my finger. It was not very painful and so I am going to have him do the same on my left hand which I thought for many years could not be repaired.

|  I had Dupuytren`s Disease for 3 years  |  show details
by WildBillMitchell at Citysearch on Oct 27th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had Dupuytren`s Disease for 3 years which stopped me from extending my ring finger on my right hand. Dr Barrett released all the scar tissue and now I can straighten my finger. It was not very painful and so I am going to have him do the same on my left hand which I thought for many years could not be repaired.

|  I had Dupuytren`s Disease for 3 years  |  show details
by WildBillMitchell at Citysearch on Oct 27th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Dr. Moulton-Barrett  |  show details
by Samuellambson at Citysearch on Oct 18th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have been living with multiple sclerosis for over 10 years and was doing OK until about 1 12 years ago when I developed a leg ulcer that would not heal. Dr. Moulton-Barrett is a real reconstructive plastic surgeon and a true specialist. After months of visiting the emergency room several times in Berkeley, as well as my primary care doctor and a general surgeon, finally I was able to find a doctor that took care of me. Dr Moulton-Barrett used ultrasound to check that I was getting enough blood to my leg, he checked to make sure I did not have an infection, which it turns out I did and then after treating the infection with special antibiotics and a wet dressing which helped kill the bacteria, and helped healing without hurting my cells, I healed up over a period of just under 3 months. Dr. Moulton-Barrett you are the best!

|  Thank you, Dr. Moulton-Barrett  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2011

After meeting several plastic surgeons I choice Dr. Moulton-Barret for my tummy tuck. He was down to earth, he gave be lots of information and he was very fair in his pricing. He was the only doctor who told me he would sit me up in the beach chair position to help remove all my stretch marks from the babies. I was surprised after surgery to see that he was able to remove stretch marks above my belly button. Then he closed my scar in my bikini line and my belly button was make cute: small and the scar hidden. It was the work of an artist and I saw that he is a painter on his website. To my surprise I lost 15 pounds over then next 4 months. I don't eat much at dinner because he tightened my muscles like a corset and the doctor put on a special diet and exercise program after surgery. Even the area down below was lifted and looked like before I had kids and when I was thinner. Dr. Moulton-Barrett's attention to detail was amazing, he used a pump with a numbing medicine which lasted about 5 days and the pain was not all that bad. I rented a surgery bed which kept my tummy folded for about 3 weeks so that there was no tension on my scar. Thank you Dr. Moulton-Barrett.

|  Awesome Doctor!!  |  show details
by JennerWarren at Citysearch on Oct 9th, 2011 on citysearch.com

After meeting several plastic surgeons I chose Dr. Moulton-Barret for my tummy tuck. He was down to earth, he gave me lots of information and he was very fair in his pricing. He was the only doctor who told me he would sit me up in the beach chair position to help remove all my stretch marks from the babies. I was surprised after surgery to see that he was able to remove stretch marks above my belly button. Then he closed my scar in my bikini line and my belly button was make cute small and the scar hidden. It was the work of an artist and I saw that he is a painter on his website. To my surprise I lost 15 pounds over then next 4 months. I don`t eat much at dinner because he tightened my muscles like a corset and the doctor put on a special diet and exercise program after surgery. Even the area down below was lifted and looked like before I had kids and when I was thinner. Dr. Moulton-Barrett`s attention to detail was amazing, he used a pump with a numbing medicine which lasted about 5 days and the pain was not all that bad. I rented a surgery bed which kept my tummy folded for about 3 weeks so that there was no tension on my scar. Thank you Dr. Moulton-Barrett.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  I have to thank Dr. Rex Moulton-Barrett, MD for helping me so much.  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2010

Dr. Rex Moulton-Barrett is a unique plastic surgeon who in addition to providing expert cosmetic surgery has helped me and many others who are wheelchair bound and bed bound with pressure sores to heal more quickly than by older or slow methods of bed rest and simple wound care. He uses a 2 step in hospital process which allowed me to heal quickly. First, he released my contracted hip and knee tendons which allowed me to put more even pressure on the buttocks, hips and thighs. It also allowed the nurses to turn me easily and without a great deal of discomfort. I was placed in full leg and padded splints to continue straightening my very contracted hips and knees. Dr. Moulton-Barrett told me that he learnt this surgery from the literature for children with cerebral palsy who are contracted from disuse and atrophy. During the same initial operation my pressure sore was cleaned to healthy tissue and wound treatments were started. Three days after surgery a sterile foam and vacuum machine was used to speed up the blood supply and then one week later the pressure sore was closed with a local muscle and skin. Dr. Moulton-Barrett used a special barbed suture under the skin which is very strong and dissolves after 1/2 a year. There were no sutures or staples to be removed and I healed without a problem. There was no difficulty positioning me face down in the operating room during this surgery because my legs could be straightened. Because my legs were nearly straight I was able to heal without uncomfortable full body bed turns. This meant less risk tearing my flap during those turns and the site of my previous pressure sore was protected against continued pressure injury.I thank Dr. Moulton-Barrett for his thoughtful, ingenious and kind way of caring for me.

|  show details
Apr 28th, 2010

I had been considering a tummy tuck and looking into it since I had myfirst baby 7 years ago. After seeing what pregnancy had done to my body Iwas really depressed. I knew that there was no way I could fix it on myown. I have seen some horrible jobs out there and I certainly did not wantfor that to be me. I had the luck to meet Dr. Moulton-Barrett and got tosee a lot of his work. I just knew that he was the Dr. I wanted to do mysurgery, no doubt about it. I recently went under the knife a month ago, Igot a Tummy tuck as well as a breast augmentation, im back at work andfeeling great physically as well as mentally, and of course lookinggreat!. Though the fist weeks are uncomfortable it got better as the dayswent by. If you are thinking about doing surgery, I encourage you toreally consider Dr. Moulton-Barrett, he does a great job and I have noregrets.