Dr. Reynaldo Matute MD Patient Reviews

• Nephrology Murrells Inlet, SC

September 17th, 2015
I just read a bad review for Dr. Matute and cannot believe this person is talking about the same person I see. I have found Dr. Matute to be very knowledgable and caring. He takes the time to explain everything in laymen's terms so the patient understands everything. He is the only doctor I know who takes his own time to call his patients personally to follow up or just to check on them. I would recommend Dr. Matute to anyone. I would also like to add that Dr. Matute, or any other doctor, has any control over what there office staff says to anyone but I have never been treated rudely by anyone there. I feel sure that this situation would have been handled properly if Dr. Matute had been made aware of any issues.

June 10th, 2014
great care
excellent follow thru ; very knowledgeable ; takes an interest ; listens well ; gets things done quickly ; personable.

November 5th, 2011
Wonderful caring Dr. I do not know what the person in the ER was talking about in the other review. That person must have been drugged up! Dr. Matute always puts the best interst of his patients over his personal time. He is the BEST! Call his kind office staff and see for yourself.

October 14th, 2010
Terrible bedside manner
I saw him as a follow-up to an ER visit that was brought on by kidney pain. Dr. Matute spend about a minute with me, then left in the middle of my appointment to play golf. When the nurse ran after the doctor explaining that I had a kidney stone and needed a pain pill to cope, he said "She gets nothing. Tell her to take a tylenol."My older brother has kidney disease. I asked to see him because he is a nephrologist. His nurse told me that I obviously had no idea what a nephrologist was, and that I needed to see a urologist instead.He then had me wait in the examination room while he played golf. I waited for over two hours until his staff finally transferred me to another doctor at Little River.Terrible doctor. Doesn't listen to his patients. Leaves in the middle of his appointments. His nursing staff is condescending. Don't go see this doctor.

August 8th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
Dr Matute was very knowledgeable and kind during my father's illnes. He was available for us and we will are forever grateful for all his care.