Dr. Reza Shahim MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery North Little Rock, AR

November 2nd, 2016
My neck Agony
I have seen Dr Shahim for an office visit and a steroid shot in my neck. Both times I saw him were good. I felt he was thorough in my visit, he explained what was causing the pain in my neck and back. He told me about the plan for my treatment saying what he would do after each stage of the treatment. This made me feel he wasn't going to give up on me if the first thing we tried didn't work. I am appreciative of that and have another appointment with him soon. Thank you Dr. Shahim.

August 15th, 2016
Super jerk. Don't recommend this guy at all. Acted as if it was a bother to him to even talk to us

November 22nd, 2015
Assembly Line Practice
This doctor walked in, did not review the findings of my MRI and had not seen it before. Looked over his shoulder at it, told me my options and that I could get a second opinion, asked to see me walk the two steps that was ALL I could give him, move my most affected leg as much as possible and my toes. That was ALL he did for a billing and report he entered as a most thorough EXAM detailing critical vitals that he DID NOT PERFORM. He used info from other reports to complete his and was so fast when he spoke to me and my husband we could not keep up. He then, after maybe 7 minutes, led us out of his office to his nurse to be scheduled! I left still miserably in pain and with no info as to my condition but that he would operate ONLY on ONE of my "many conditions" as he put it. No explanation as to the others or if or when they would be addressed. I would not elect surgery from anyone this impersonal and who falsifies reports to make himself look so thorough when he was SO brief it makes you dizzy! It was obvious by the "set up" in the office, ready to schedule me in two days or two weeks, that the importance is on getting the patient in, seeing them as briefly as possible without asking a single question as to if the patient understands or has questions of their own, that this "assembly line" process of get them and get them billed is the main focus of his practice!

October 24th, 2015
Great Surgeon
So glad Dr. Shahim is my surgeon, and performed my operation.
Doctor's Response

Dear LaKesa, Thanks for the great comments. We're so glad you selected me and my team to perform your procedure. Sincerely, Dr. Reza Shahim

October 19th, 2015
Post -Op Appointment
My follow-up appointment was as expected. The wait time was a little long for some reason the doctor was running behind, but stuff happens. Very pleased with the result of my back surgery with some improvement in back and leg pain.
Doctor's Response

Dear Jerell, We are glad to hear that your back surgery reduced your back and leg pain. Thank you also for the feedback about my bedside manner, the time I spend with you and my follow-up after your visit. Your constructive comments will make me more sensitive to my patients needs. Sincerely, Dr. Reza Shahim

September 16th, 2015
Best of the Best in neurosurgery
Dr. Shahim is very professional, has great bedside manner, genuinely cares, takes time to show n explain test results. A good listener n makes sure ur needs have been met. Worth the hour drive there n back. Highly recommended. Thank you Dr. Shahim.
Doctor's Response

Dear Dorris, Thank you for your kind words. My staff and I strive to take great care of our patients. Just wondering if the overall rating of 3.0 based on your compliments might have been a typo? Hope so! Sincerely, Dr. Reza Shahim

March 15th, 2015
Very satisfies patiebt
I have been a patient of Dr Shahim for over 10 years as I have a serious spine condition. Dr Shahim has done several small surgeries for me all with great outcomes. He is caring and very well informed. He has also advised me against more invasive surgeries or surgery at all in some instances recommending a more conservative approach. This is a sign of a great surgeon..most surgeons want to cut and these days too many doctors recommend what is good for them financially more often than what is best for the patient. This is not the case for Dr Shahim. I trust him and would recommend him to my dearest family and friends.

October 28th, 2013
I have recommended him to several people. Yes I would use him again if needed. When my husband needed surgery he went to him also. Neither of us had any complications at all.

January 16th, 2012
His nurse Eboney is beyond RUDE an funky!!!!!! The doctor is great but his nurse is horrible!!!